<<

zeussy

Developer - Lead Programmer
Developer - Lead Programmer

Cars: A crashed 1992 Suzuki Cappuccino

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Test Track Crashes/Exceptions

Hi everyone,

If you have designed a car that causes a crash or exception on a test track. Could you please attach it and the test track (if custom). To a reply to this post.

I need the following:
  • Engine File
  • Model File
  • Which test track, or the test track files.

If you want to keep the track private, for compo's etc. You can send them to me in PM.

Cheers!
Lead Progammer (The Guy that makes stuff happen!)

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame

Come chat to us at http://automationgame.com/irc
<<

cbr16327488

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Looking for a nice TL for 6 Grand

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Test Track Crashes/Exceptions

Every time my car crashes I am not able to save it(the save button also freezes), therefore I would not be able to send it to you. I lose the car every time.
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:05 am

I can't submit my findings here, because it's another person's design/LUA file (and I don't have the engine file), but HighOctaneLove's TU entry in my ITA series has been consistently crashing. Adjusting aero *SETTINGS* doesn't fix it, no matter what I do... but changing size and placement of his rear wing(s) does. It seems that if a rear wing gets too big, it has an issue.

I encourage HighOctaneLove to post his files to help out.

This has so far happened on both Green Hell and Albert Lake F1.
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:29 pm

I have this problem with this powerful 0.8l engine:
0.8L 16V DOHC superiiRev2.lua
(101.11 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

Crashes in any car and any track.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:56 pm

VicVictory wrote:I can't submit my findings here, because it's another person's design/LUA file (and I don't have the engine file), but HighOctaneLove's TU entry in my ITA series has been consistently crashing. Adjusting aero *SETTINGS* doesn't fix it, no matter what I do... but changing size and placement of his rear wing(s) does. It seems that if a rear wing gets too big, it has an issue.

I encourage HighOctaneLove to post his files to help out.

This has so far happened on both Green Hell and Albert Lake F1.

I just saw this...

1967ITAHighOctaneLoveTU - Rev0.lua
(79.4 KiB) Downloaded 536 times

This is my car which DNF'd due to my extreme car tuning skills!
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

pez2k

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A pair of shoes.

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:05 pm

While testing the latest Steam build with the slowest car I could possibly build, I've managed to encounter the following Lua errors.

Upon clicking the Test Track tab for the first time:
  Code:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--client\functional\TrimDesignerWindowDelegat..."]:3745: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'V_Max' (a nil value)

When clicking the Start button, on either of the two included original tracks, each of the following errors in turn:
  Code:
Step() failed!: [string "--shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat..."]:81: [string "--shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat..."]:321: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value

Code:
Step() failed!: [string "--shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat..."]:81: [string "--shared\functional\SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculat..."]:835: attempt to index local 'results' (a nil value)

Code:
Step() failed!: [string "--client\functional\TrimDesignerWindow.lua..."]:3555: attempt to index field 'results' (a nil value)

Clicking Cancel on any of them closes the game, which I presume is intended - the Retry option continues.

The car in question is attached - large Cadillac-style body, maximum displacement turbocharged V8 at 6.4 hp. The statistics for it are generally pretty broken due to the unrealistically low performance - there are a couple of Infs and most performance stats are N/A other than the 0.2mph top speed.
Attachments
CarFiles.zip
Causes Lua errors on the Test Track.
(17.09 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
<<

InnunedoSA

Cars: Van

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:06 am

My car does something similar.
If I set my gear ratios to 390+KPH on any test track the game freezes with out any Exception Errors.
I have to Ctrl Alt Del. to get out of the game. :roll:
InnuendoSA - Mondo Racer.zip
The car that can and can not do more than 390+KPH
(93.03 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Golf

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:27 am

Havent played since March and LUA crashes are worse than ever (they were already bad to start with)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:33 am

This is odd, I have to say I've not encountered a single test track lua error ever since the new build came in. Even though a hell of a lot of things changed.

Then again, I clean installed everything fairly recently.
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:51 pm

All you have to do is press buttons out of order and the game will crash sooner or later. At first the game would not even launch and the parser could not handle simple stuff like Scale = 0.3003058103975535 being a floating number that had worked in the previous versions. The game I have here 01/2016 is quite a trainwreck. A year ago it had problems but was still somewhat fluid and fun, now it has more. The new UI and input flow is a perfect example of how to get rid of all fun by frustration, right now I cannot remember where I have seen a worse UI. Perhaps they can repair everything with the new engine, but right now this is not workable to me. I click a bit around with data from last winter otherwise this is going back to my backlog.

Sorry if this is harsh but someone else should have been that harsh when it was not too late.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:21 pm

Your harshness being unconstructive aside, I suppose your being away for the specific period of time you've been away exacerbates the changes in the experience. But I'm unable to replicate any crashes on my end simply by clicking the tabs out of order. In fact I can click the tabs in any which way and the main issue I experience would be alterations in the calculations, particularly if the trim (as opposed to base model) tab of the Model section was not clicked. At this stage, the only way I can find to crash my game is every now and then, when I close it. So once again, even though I wouldn't assume you haven't already done this, have you reinstalled everything etc.?

Part of the theoretical issue, as was explained on a different thread, is that the Model, Engine and Trim designer modules are indeed completely different things that don't really like talking together. As far as I recall, the devs have said that this is a fundamental issue that should be addressed by the change in engine. As the dev posts also state, a number of improvements in the way the design features work will also be facilitated by the change in the engine.
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:25 am

It's arguable if it can ever be constructive to say something else than what you think you have to say. Also it is just 1 opinion and if everyone else loves the UI, stability etc there is really no problem!
Perhaps it's only my installation but I doubt it because problems have been plaguing me with this game from the start. There is imo something flawed inside. All problems can be repaired I think, just wanted to say that if the game had come with the current interface 1 year ago, I would have probably not even bothered with it.

P.S. Before anyone gets me wrong, I certainly would not bother if there wasn't someting that is very fascinating about this game.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:33 am

To put it in perspective, while there are always teething issues when new builds with significant changes (as the most recent one was) are released, it has been some weeks now and I assumed that most of the issues in the last stable public release had been resolved. That being said, there is some considerable variability in the experience of certain users and it usually takes looking at those specific instances on a case by case basis by the developers to work out the issues. Given I'm running the (supposedly unstable) closed beta builds, and I'm pretty much 100% crash free, maybe it's me who is having the atypical experience :lol: All I know is that my computer doesn't run any unconventional hardware configurations, and I'm refusing to upgrade to Windows 10 because it has potential compatibility issues that I don't understand.

The developers have just returned to the office, perhaps you could contact them with your specific issue should nobody else be having the same kind of problems.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:12 am

I'm 90% sure the reason you're experiencing issues is because you're running XP. It isn't fully supported anymore. I was going to post this earlier but refrained from doing so because I might not have been right, but after seeing your screenshots on your challenge page I know that you definitely are running XP.
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:15 am

Ok ;)

Windows 7 shut me out recently, couldn't log in anymore because of an overnight update. So I reverted, need to get some work done.
Next

Return to Support