Themed Car Challenge (Season 2 , Round 2) [VOTING]

<<

Trollercoaster

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Honda Accord 2.4
Toyota AE86 Sprinter trueno

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:47 am

Re: Themed Car Challenge (Season 2 , Round 2) [BUILD]

Why buying a 25000 Normandy when you can have a cheaper and better Familok?
The new Familok - featuring the best engine and the best suspension system on the market.
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:09 am

Re: Themed Car Challenge (Season 2 , Round 2) [VOTING]

One day to go!
Don't forget to put down the votes - everyone is invited to vote here!
Vote here
Voting Summary
Car Overview
And don't forget to checkout the whole thread, there may be some advertisements laying around!
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

Riso

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:18 am

If you don't want Norman or DerBayer to win, vote for me and everyone else!
<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:49 am

Riso wrote:If you don't want Norman or DerBayer to win, vote for me and everyone else!

Rebel against your automotive overlords! :twisted:
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

stensen

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:49 am

unfortunately, the stats of my car dont correspond with the Version i submitted cause i wasnt able to edit the spreadsheet anymore when i submitted my car monday night.
<<

Trollercoaster

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Honda Accord 2.4
Toyota AE86 Sprinter trueno

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:14 am

VosNox wrote:It's a Normandy Sunfire.

2.8L DOHC 24v V6 @ 259 HP to 6-speed Transverse AWD gearbox. 0 - 62 is achieved in 5.9 seconds, and onward to 160 MPH. It even gets a half-decent 19 MPG.

Pop-Up headlamps, Sunroof, CD player, fog lamps, and truck lip all come as standard.

$15k

Another reason to buy a Tecpel Familok. We wont advertise a car that costs 25k as 15k and build proper family cars achieving over 30MPG while having room for million potato.
End the reign of the top end brands now! Get a Tecpel Familok now! The most affordable V12 family car you can get!
<<

DeusExMackia

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:21 am

Trollercoaster wrote:Another reason to buy a Tecpel Familok. We wont advertise a car that costs 25k as 15k and build proper family cars achieving over 30MPG while having room for million potato.
End the reign of the top end brands now! Get a Tecpel Familok now! The most affordable V12 family car you can get!

Woh, this is starting to sound like an Occupy Wallstreet demonstration.

So I'll join in!
ImageImageImageImage

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:54 am

I, for one, think that people should consider what would suit them and the theoretical buyer of this category when choosing the cars. We are talking about people who want a practical car, that is big, yet economical, easy to drive, with decent handling. And I think that establishment is a good thing, how many people buy toyota cars because "they never break" or bmws just for the badge? That was actually a fear of mine, when I decided to come up with a new brand for this challenge, losing the recognition that people could have had.

All I can say is that the Bonham Chaucer Eco is an honest, economical, cheap, easy and fun to run, for just $17.250.
<<

DeusExMackia

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:08 am

You're right. I think it's just a bit of a 'rebel without a cause' situation. You are a really great designer of cars, by the way, certainly greatly respected by me.
ImageImageImageImage

<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:38 am

Maybe it is a bit unfair that some people and their brands might have an advantage because they are well known but this makes it more realistic. I'm thinking it's like in real world, if you want to convince a regular buyer to go from VW, BMW (so on) to some new company, you must have a damn good product.
And checking scores, cars that are winning actually have some great qualities.
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:05 pm

Sure, people have brands here with a reputation, but even in reality you would choose the best compromise instead of the car from your favourite brand, even if its inferior.
Not pointing at anyone here, but an car that is 6000$ above the average price

I mean... lets have an example. You have a tight budget, a family and look for a car. You cannot spend billions on it, nor should it drink a lot of fuel. Would you choose a car from a established brand, even if it costs 7000-10000$ more than the alternative from france or italy?
You can see the spec sheet: It drinks twice as much fuel as the alternatives, its insurance and taxes cost nearly 3x as much and the service costs a ton more. It has less space for cargo, its twitchy to drive - BUT it has a very high topspeed and super fast acceleration. You would've to be VERY brand loyal and VERY blind to choose that one over the cheaper alternatives.
Yes it is more prestigious, yes its faster - but is that the point of an affordable family car? Certainly not.
Consider it the next time. Dont just look at the stats, look at the purchase, maintenance and upkeep costs too. Imagine YOU are the customer, YOU have to buy the car and drive it for atleast 3 years or more. Sometimes a more expensive car on purchase can be cheaper over the course of 2-3 years due do lower taxation, insurance or fuel costs - those are things you as the "customer" have to consider.
And if you really really like the car company, then you should buy it, as long as its not absolutely illogical. I would've never bought my Alfa if it would cost 5k€ more... because for that money I could drive something that is much better, instead i bought something that is still not the best value for money (there were plenty of E90 BMWs...), but i can live with the small drawbacks and have the car i really like.

Just my opinion as the game host, you can vote whatever you want, but be realistic with it.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:34 pm

an example irl right now. my family car right now is a Datsun.

it's in the category of 'dirt cheap & green car' here. but i'm sure at least 40% of the buyer here don't know that's it's purely just a nissan underneath.
but even considering that the brand is only revived less than 4 years ago, it still dominates the category.
this is considering that
1. the old datsun brand image is gone, and people is looking at it as a new brand, that literally has no reputation whatsoever
2. the competitor is the twin Toyota(that is known worldwide), and Daihatsu(that is known for making pretty good cheap cars) working together (making 2 super similiar cars)
3. even if people do know it's a nissan, nissan itself is somewhat of an underdog here.
4. because nissan is an underdog, they have far fewer dealers, and people are still willing to pay for their cars.

it's just that good, that people are willing to look at it subjectively (even when a radio is available as an option)

on the other side, on another market.
the tech savvy guys here knows or at least have read about the time that AMD's processors beat Intel's back in the 2000's, but Intel just beat them on marketing to the point that AMD is barely ever heard of at that time.

my point is. yes BRAND DOES MATTER
BUT! there's more
it only matters up to a certain point. once the 'favored' brand offering goes beyond that point, people are going to start looking elsewhere, and likely, more subjectively at the other options. or was it objectively? i kinda switched these 2 words around
Last edited by koolkei on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DeusExMackia

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:13 am

I do my best to put myself in the mind-set of the buyer when voting. With this round, my four key areas were Purchase cost, Tax/Insurance, Safety and Practicality. That way, I found three cars that did all of these well, and I then put them in order of preference. I didn't consider brand at all.

However, having that sense of brand is part of what makes me love this game. And ultimately, I have to admit that cars made by the best companies (you know who you are ;) ) are one of my biggest sources of inspiration. They're the benchmark, if you like, for what I compare my own vehicles to, in much the same way that happens in the real world.

So, when I'm voting, I look purely at the stats. But when I'm building, I use what you could essentially the call the market leaders as a benchmark.
ImageImageImageImage

<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:51 am

Wrap-Up Time!

Results!

First place goes to the italian from Znopresk with their clever Znopresk Zenit 6 Linea! NormanVauxhall!

oooooooooOOOOOÖÖÖOOOOOooooooooo

Second Places goes to the brazilians! Congratulations Leonardo9613 with your Bonham Chaucer 2.2 EE

Third place goes to the Bavarians with ther BAM Bavaria 206 - Der Bayer!

Fourth Place goes to the Austrians from Riso Motors with the Cetacea 1.7 - with the engine that revs to heaven and back.

The fifth place also goes to the Austrians - but this time its the geniuses from Mars Engineering with their Relicuum Family

Smooth Kree Joy F - made by airjordan - reached a 6th place

Leaderboard
1.NormanVauxhall - 11 Points
2.DerBayer - 10 Points
3.Leonardo9613 - 6 Points
Riso - 6 Points
5.peskyboyz - 4 Points
6.Titleguy1 - 3 Points
Mer_at - 3 Points
8.Trollercoaster - 2 Points
9.airjordan - 1 Point

Thank you very much for joining! On to Round 3! Coming in a few minutes to hours!
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:59 am

Nice, got 6th :) although pyrlix my car is Smooth Kree Joy F
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions