Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:11 am

Themed Car Challenge (Season 2 , Round 3) [DONE]

Gentlemen, time to build some cars!

Vote here
Voting Summary
Car Overview

Welcome to the second season of the Themed Car Challenge! In this Season you have to participate from the beginning on - competing with the same Car Model and Engine Family from Round 1 till the end. If you want to enter in Round 2 to 4? Well... I have built two cars for you in that case, you can change the appearance of those, but have to keep the base engine and base car model. This little twist will show which platform yields the best compromise overall or will show the most flexible car builders of the forums.

In the second round you will have to build a...

1997 Premium All-Road Car for Africa+Kazakh

Its 1997 - and your car company starts to be quite bored by having almost no challenge on the normal markets. But suddendly you have a GREAT IDEA! The rich africans and kazakhs have no cool sedan (or wagon) they want. Only bland offroaders or SUVs... its your chance to make a cool premium sedan (or wagon) which has the ability to run on the crappy fuel, and occasionally drive on the muddy roads of Africa or the snowy tracks of Kazakhstan.

If you have no clue about the budget... think of a bit higher Round 1 prices. Due to the differnt region the purchase cost will be lower.

How to play?

Simple! Read the Guidelines at the bottom, go to this Google Docs Spreadsheet - build your car, fill in your data and send it to me. If any stat has a minimum Value or limits in the top bar, please follow them!

If you have not participated in Round 1 - but really really want to in Round 2 - there is a solution. In this Spreadsheet you can see the "RAM Exec" and "RAM Exec 2". If you drop me a PM i can send you ONE of those to you - you are allowed to change the morphing and aesthetics (like fixtures) in the trim section.

Rules
Car Platform and Engine family has to be THE SAME as in Round 1 and 2 - this is basically a new car trim and (if needed) a new engine variant for you. Cosmetic changes in the trim are allowed!
Region Gasmea
Medium 2 Factory

Restrictions:
No CNC Parts
No Semislicks
No Limited Production
Fuel Low Quality 80 Unleaded

Minimums:
Minimum Driveability 45
Minimum Safety 35
Minimun Off-Road 25
Minimum 4 Seats
Minimum 4 Doors

Only the steam workshop mods in the "Hiqh Quality" collection are allowed! THESE!

Any Questions? Go ahead and ask!

I recommend to post a small advertisement of the car here to appeal it to the future customers in the voting but you don't have to do it

The top 2 winners will be reviewed by the Automationeer magazine!

Have fun on this challenge!

Small note: Don't delete your cars - they may be needed for future stuff. Like Round 2 to 4. Atleast the Car Model and Engine Family as a basis for the other possible trims.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 am

Re: Themed Car Challenge (Season 2 , Round 3) [BUILD]

Introduction

The goal in the Themed Car Challenges is to build an Car that is reasonable for the specific theme it is entered into.
This challenge is not about making as much power as possible or other crazy-ass Cars. The winner will be chosen by the
judges, and that is you! You decide which Car you would choose, if YOU were the CUSTOMER. Be realistic about your choices!

Submission Guidelines

• The latest public release version is used for the challenges.
  • One submission per user per theme. The PMed Car is your final and only theme entry.
  • If a patch is released during a challenge, the entry has to be (re-)submitted in the latest patch version.
  • After filling the spreadsheet with your Car's data, submit your entry via PM to Pyrlix, the TEC game-master.
  • You must submit the Car by the last day of building time, otherwise it counts as not submitted and is disqualified.
  • Scoring (Season 1): 1st place 5 points, 2nd place 4 points, 3rd place 3, 4th place 2 point
  • If your Car stats in the sheet don't correspond to the ones in the submitted Car file, this counts as cheating.
  • Don't allocate 2 slots at one time. Only 1 slot at once. Finish your work before you start the next one!

Voting Guidelines

Remember that you are the customer, and you want to get the best out of a car for your money.
Vote accordingly! Some examples for what kind of questions you should be asking yourselves:

a) Is all that power actually accessible, usable and not far too dangerous?
b) Will the Comfort break your back?
c) Does it eat your wallet?

You are not allowed to vote for your own Car!

Season Format

The runtime for every challenge is one week and every season will have 4 events, i.e. a season is 4 weeks long.
There may be minor breaks in between due to holidays or unavailability of the game-master.
The competition weeks are structured the following way:

Car Submissions: From the day the challenge opened till Monday
Car Voting: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Challenge Wrap-Up and Announcement: Friday
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

mer_at

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: BMW 325i

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:12 am

You want a comfortable car you can drive for 1000s of miles?
You want lots of space, so you can get all your weapons with one supply run?
You want to drive far away from civilization without getting stuck?
You want reliability and sturdyness?

Look no further, the Mars Engineering Relicuum Warlord suits all your special needs!

<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:13 am

Presenting the Bonham Chaucer 3.0 Dakar. Easy to drive, safe, reliable and very comfortable, with leather interior, CD player and self-levelling hydropneumatic suspension, which combined with the locking differential, off road tyres and all wheel drive traction is perfect for off-roading. Yours for $19,860.

Last edited by Leonardo9613 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:17 am

That's a nice plot twist!
(I'm hoping for a high performance round as well...)
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
<<

Riso

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:52 am

When you want to drive in comfort but have to deal with rough terrain like African roads, Ukrainian mud or Russian winter.

The RM C97 4x4.

Designed for ruggedness and ease of service.

<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 am

1997 Suzume Shouri GS-X Limited.

Now available for all markets - will run on any grade of gasoline, and most grades of whiskey or moonshine.

Designed for ultimate comfort, good road manners, and unparalleled off-road capability and safety.

Suzume. Engineering for the WHOLE world.

shouri1.jpg
shouri1.jpg (52.39 KiB) Viewed 7316 times
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:28 pm

AirJordan wrote:That's a nice plot twist!
(I'm hoping for a high performance round as well...)

i'm REALLY hoping so. i made my engine anticipating needing to up the capacity. not down.

and i just realized. there seems to be NO TURBO so far. at least none that i know of.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Riso tried using a turbo earlier.
<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:02 am

I couldn't get the compression low enough with a turbo without the fuel being so lean that it barely caused an explosion in the cylinders.
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

Riso

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:08 am

If compressor and turbine are deep red you are doing it right. You want to go for economy, not power.
<<

CadillacDave

Cars: 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo 4x4

Post Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:55 am

<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 1.4

Post Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:22 am

BAM Bavaria 256A

The premium choice to go off roads. Environmentally friendly, too. And saves money in the long term.

<<

TR8R

Cars: Jetman's Lunar Buggy. Yes, I AM that old!

Post Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:42 am

First Order Automotive would like to present our Cruzer MkIII, Kazafrikana edition.

Runs on contaminated rainwater.

Very driveable, practical, good offroad and if you do have an serious accident then you have more than a 52% chance of not being dead....erm injured!

We would have had bull-bars to push stuff out of the way but Killrob said that was in DLC #44.....come back then!

And you get change out of $20,501 too!!!

Kaza Front.JPG
Kaza Front.JPG (49.6 KiB) Viewed 7188 times

Kaza rear.JPG
Kaza rear.JPG (49.88 KiB) Viewed 7188 times

P.s. No cockups with the model this time....surely this should be worth a bonus point.
CEO for First Order Automotive

Est - 1968
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:56 am

We at Diamond Automotive would like to introduce a specially designed premium sedan for the third world: The 1997 Diamond Amethyst Bronze Manual 4x4.

We modified our standard Amethyst Bronze Manual to run on 80 octane fuel in order to assure the best availability. Even with the engine needing to be detuned, it still produces a healthy 180 hp with a 0-100 km/h time of 9.2 seconds and a top speed of 210 km/h. We also fitted it with a 4x4 system with manual locker and offroad skidtray to better tackle the rough roads (or lack thereof) and with over 25 cm of ground clearance, things like mud, snow, and shallow streams are no match for this car. The partial aluminium body, while more expensive, ensures excellent environmental resistance. Add excellent reliability to that and you have a car that's guaranteed to run for a very long time. Get yours today! We're including armour retrofitting coupons for all sales to corrupt government officials! We assure you that the Amethyst is worth its price.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

Next

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions