FAQ  •  Login

Exploration vehicle challenge (RESULTS ARE IN!!)

<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Exploration vehicle challenge (closed unless waiting)

For the sake of not having another dead challenge, I can plug all of the scores into a spreadsheet for the time being if you send me a zip of all the cars. You can do your calculating from the spreadsheet I send back to you.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:53 am

KLinardo wrote:For the sake of not having another dead challenge, I can plug all of the scores into a spreadsheet for the time being if you send me a zip of all the cars. You can do your calculating from the spreadsheet I send back to you.

sounds good, when i get home i'll throw all the competition vehicles into a .zip for ya, you can get me the needed numbers and i can do the calculations from there, thanks for the assistance
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:56 am

good news everyone, i sent the exports over to someone who can launch automation and they'll get me the numbers in as soon as he can where i can do some number crunching and determine a winner
<<

KakarottSajyajin

Cars: None

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:06 am

cpufreak101 wrote:good news everyone, i sent the exports over to someone who can launch automation and they'll get me the numbers in as soon as he can where i can do some number crunching and determine a winner

I know this is a bit late but:

Have you tried starting automation several times and then waiting very long at the 2nd or 3rd time?
my game always crashes the first time i try to start it up and i have to launch a second time and vwait for a couple of minutes.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:49 pm

KakarottSajyajin wrote:
cpufreak101 wrote:good news everyone, i sent the exports over to someone who can launch automation and they'll get me the numbers in as soon as he can where i can do some number crunching and determine a winner

I know this is a bit late but:

Have you tried starting automation several times and then waiting very long at the 2nd or 3rd time?
my game always crashes the first time i try to start it up and i have to launch a second time and vwait for a couple of minutes.

we got the issue fixed, turned out to be an issue with the launcher, now the only main concern is a lot of nasty weather is coming my way so i will be quite busy dealing with that, if i do end up being too busy/ get my power knocked out for a week, i have a plan B for getting these scores out, so they should be released before the end of january
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Exploration vehicle challenge (RESULTS ARE IN!!)

the results are finally in, so from worst to best, here are the scores:
KakarottSajyajin
JasonPoland
HighOctaneLove
DoctorNarfy
KLinardo
NuiYorqCiti
TheH4xxOr1337
Sillyworld
Asdren
Urbanliner
AirJordan
Riso
Puffster
ThecarLover

and finally...
Zabhawkin

congregationalists, you won, if i ever come up with anything good i shall post the review, but i'm far from creative, so i might ask the english department at my school to do something, or would i want the auto tech teacher? bah, who cares, i'll try to form up something, just set your standards really low
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 am

cpufreak101 wrote:
scoring: off-road, fuel economy, engine reliability, total average reliability, total seats 2X multiplier
comfort, utility, drivability 1X multiplier
every $100 below max budget (one point per 100), Total torque, total doors, total emissions 0.5X multiplier

Example score:(121.8+25+102.2+130.6+10+32.9+65.5+30.1+5.5+88.5+2-283.05)/12=27.6 pts (rounded to nearest tenth)
test vehicle: 27.6 points on those rules

I'm confused. Where exactly did the negative points come from?
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:06 am

From the car emissions. You divide it by half and then subtract it. If the emissions are really high you ended up with a negative score.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:24 am

Sillyworld wrote:From the car emissions. You divide it by half and then subtract it. If the emissions are really high you ended up with a negative score.

correct, all the cars that were negative had at least 1500 emissions, with all the positive numbers being no higher than 600, the emissions was definitely the score destroyer for this one
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 13 Nissan Pathfinder
99 Nissan Frontier
84 Jeep CJ7 (rock crawler)

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:48 am

cpufreak101 wrote:
Sillyworld wrote:From the car emissions. You divide it by half and then subtract it. If the emissions are really high you ended up with a negative score.

correct, all the cars that were negative had at least 1500 emissions, with all the positive numbers being no higher than 600, the emissions was definitely the score destroyer for this one

From what some people posted I thought I had lost this one, because even though my emissions were low and my economy highish some were posting much lower emissions to the point I didn't think the strengths of my submission were high enough to offset that.
Desert Mountains Automotive Specializing in high reliability cars and trucks for more demanding needs.
<<

Puffster

Cars: No car atm, but a kawasaki z650, 1981

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:34 am

Should probably have finetuned it some more, but here is mine with my stats:

ABR (ambitious but rubbish) Designs, freshly founded car company in 5th floor apartment, looking for more suitable workshop
Will be updated soon... ish... perhaps... hopefully
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:48 am

I'll share mine too... meet the powerbus.

For $19,500 with a roughtly fuel economy of 9 mpgs, the powerbus can carry 7 people and thanks to its air springs suspension, you can perform complicated experiments inside and nothing would spill.
Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions