FAQ  •  Login

Too many dead challenges!

<<

victorgarcia

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Motorcyclist

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:20 am

Too many dead challenges!

What's happening people? I entered 3 challenges in the past months, dedicated some time to build a car, waited anxiously to see how it stacked up, and well, still waiting!
The organizers should select a easier evaluation method, or use prints to show the results, so no car handling for the organizers.
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:49 am

Re: Too many dead challenges!

I know that feel bro. Anyone remembers Formula Automation 1990? ;_;
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:53 am

I think the biggest thing is they let the challenges run too long and then get hit with an update that screws with all the calculations. Another thing is they may not feel so enthusiastic about a certain challenge and just push it to the side. Either way it makes me think twice about entering any challenge now since the forum is filled with half finished challenges and ones that look like they will be a major pain for the OP, as a host you better be able to dedicate at LEAST a day to judging, writing and posting and that is the bare minimum, if you dont have the time then dont run the challenge.

I know I have a "challenge" running but at least I dont need to judge anything there so it kinda just runs, still waiting on one more part before I can do anything with my PC, laptop cant run Automation at all.
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:55 am

I know what you are talking about. So far I have run and finised 4/5 of my challanges completely. The only one not finished is The Best in Class. The results were posted. But the reviews are not finished.

So far it is the only one I have let slide like that, but it wont happen again.

The recent Homologation 1988 was finished in a timely manner.
ID: 1963886
<<

BlastersPewPew

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:09 am

Even with that one you let slide a bit Lordred I would still enter your future challenges, yours are always fun to enter. It is generally the first time ones that I dont think the hosts realize how big of a job hosting really is.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:11 am

We should keep a tracking post/thread for challenge status, so we don't have to keep flicking through and bumping various threads that get buried. Not 100% sure how that is to work just yet (one user manages central first post?)

Also I'm in complete agreement, it's very easy to underestimate the work involved. I'm sadly only 2/3 myself, having not finished the absolutely ancient Mille Cavalli shootout. I promised to fully illustrate the article and much to my horror that's actually not an easy thing LOL. Even the text I've been chipping away for 18 months it's ridiculous. I refuse to call it dead though.

Also in retrospect BSLL was far larger but that just snowballed I guess LOL. Also I had a more competent person keeping the info organised. And PPAHC was pretty easy, when it came to processing data at least, but I had Blasters help me with the cards!
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:53 am

Don't worry about V6SC going dead, once I have the chassis for the new update people can start turning the chassis into racecars and then the races will begin.
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:20 am

I am on 2/3 too. Both ATCCs went smoothly, but so many things are stopping me from writing the final somwos review, for example I'm finally on vacations, but now my computer is broken. The fact that I want that review to be extremely good doesn't help one bit either.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:30 am

Well, from experience, I was on pixelcarlife for some time, and racing there took ages. It's a huge chore to judge a race, and maintaining a race in here is not easier, at least if it is - not by much, it's still a chore. You have to understand that, and sometimes even let go.
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:35 pm

I agree and I've been trying to take that into account with the development of my first challenge. It's building a truck, so it's not garnering the attention of some of the sportier challenges. That being said, I really hope that my newbie hosting status isn't deterring people from entering. I've been very meticulous in developing a timeline that will work with my schedule as well as leaving the premise and rules up for discussion for two weeks. I'm really excited to put it all together.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Frequently it takes time for entries to come in. It tends to snowball closer to deadline!
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:01 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, in every event I have had thus far, I get most of the entries in the last 4 days.
ID: 1963886
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:08 pm

it's just the 'oh shit it's gonna close, better forget my priorities and make a car first' effect
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:11 pm

My last 3 or 4 competitions, only 1-2 users entered, and this is frustrating because you expensed time to create the challenge.

Other competitions, like the Group B, only 1 race, and later.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

BlastersPewPew

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 am

KLinardo wrote:I agree and I've been trying to take that into account with the development of my first challenge. It's building a truck, so it's not garnering the attention of some of the sportier challenges. That being said, I really hope that my newbie hosting status isn't deterring people from entering. I've been very meticulous in developing a timeline that will work with my schedule as well as leaving the premise and rules up for discussion for two weeks. I'm really excited to put it all together.

I will enter yours as soon as my desktop is back together ;)
Next

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions