FAQ  •  Login

Hyper car [Final scores]

<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:07 am

Re: Hyper car [Vote for your favorite looking cars]

I have also opted to not vote for myself. My votes are in. I agree, most of the cars I like the front, or the back, but really not both. Not a huge crhome fan, so many were far too blingy for my tastes. :)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:12 pm

But my Salamander needs the chrome, it like, spits fire and gets really hot and all that ;_;
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 13 Nissan Pathfinder
99 Nissan Frontier
84 Jeep CJ7 (rock crawler)

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:14 pm

strop wrote:I'm... having a lot of trouble voting on this. This will sound mean, but... all of a sudden, I feel that none of the designs look particularly attractive, and that includes my own.

The self-interested way to vote would be to vote for my own car (if we're allowed to do that, though I think we shouldn't), and to also try to guess what the other popular cars are that aren't niall's :lol:

But I'm not inclined to behave like that (i.e. I'm not the embodiment of the ruthless GG). I shall have to meditate on this some more.

The way I am handling the voting accounts for people voting for their own. :P
Desert Mountains Automotive Specializing in high reliability cars and trucks for more demanding needs.
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

99 Nissan Frontier

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:16 pm

strop wrote:But my Salamander needs the chrome, it like, spits fire and gets really hot and all that ;_;

What are you admitting it can only do one lap before it starts belching coolant?

Just wait for the reviews bwahahaha :twisted:
Desert Mountains Automotive Specializing in high reliability cars and trucks for more demanding needs.
<<

Sebesseg

Cars: '15 Charger Rallye

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:02 pm

@Zabhawkin: Thanks for answering my earlier question. I oft forget the fact the game is more duct taped together than it appears lol so you're probably right about module miscommunication being the issue. Also in regards to strops car; with 4 mpg, high speed capability and huge output can it even finish a lap before running out of gas :P

Here I thought people would use more fixtures, that doesn't seem to be as much the case...well minus strop lol. Personally I wish that I had left one of the grills off of the back of my car. I didn't want to have a lot of negative space, but I think it looks better without now...oh well. Besides my own (even with the issue I have with it), I see a couple that I like. Even though the scoring accounts for people choosing their own I wasn't going to do that anyway, just feels dishonest especially considering how close Koolkei, Kristina and I are.

edit: my votes have been cast
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:53 pm

My car? Finish a lap of Nordschleife without running outta gas? Hell no. Not unless it has like, a 250L tank. This thing redefines oil refinery.

Don't blame the player, blame the system! D: The moral of the story is, you can't trust the system!
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:17 pm

well.. i think mine is 'only' consuming 1 liter per 3.45km about 8-8.2 mpg......i don't think it's THAT bad for a hyper car.....
<<

JasonPoland

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:49 pm

My votes are sent, I voter for notme, not-me & definetly not me. I just think that voting on myself is a d***ish move (Kappa)
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:22 am

11.2mpg and how many of you are running 100 RON? haha
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:54 am

I believe I'm running 95 because if you use 100RON, you get an 18% penalty due to low fuel availability. In fact, you don't if you're using 98, but I still went with 95 anyway.
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

99 Nissan Frontier

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:20 am

I don't get this don't vote for yourself shame thing.
You guys put in a lot of work you should be proud of your work.
If you like the design of your car best which would be perfectly natural do not be ashamed to vote for it.
I designed the voting so that even if everyone voted theirs first their second and third place votes would float to the top.

Be honest with your vote, if you believe yours looks best to you vote for it.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:50 am

Hm. The system is a system but it only works if everybody had the same voting habits. Of course some people might try to 'game' the system and other people have a different code because they have a different 'moral code'.

In my case the reason I mentioned I was not planning to vote for my own car was to confirm with others if they weren't also planning to do the same thing, since basic game theory dictates that if everybody acted in a self-interested fashion, all you would end up doing was wasting a single vote, thus the conclusion that to vote for yourself was farcical. Thus I understand why you made the three vote system, but that's still no guarantee there would be any consistency in voting behaviour :P

All that said, I will vote as you have directed. Which is still no guarantee that I'll end up voting for my own car- I may put a lot of work into design but it also tends to undergo multiple stages until I'm satisfied with what it is. This was a first draft.
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Are we allowed to change votes. I purposely decided not to vote for myself because that seemed to be the trend. However, if we're supposed to be voting for ourselves based on the system I should go back in and vote for myself where I think it should be.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

99 Nissan Frontier

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:52 pm

The system was designed to handle if everyone voted for themselves or a few or none.

I want a true and honest vote.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:53 pm

I did not vote for myself because I personally feel it is unethical. This is only my opinion, and unless you tell me I *must* vote for myself, I won't. I don't care if others do so, that is their right as stated (after the fact) it was designed to be accounted for with your system. It's just how I roll. :D
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions