FAQ  •  Login

AMWEC '15 [Finished]

<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 am

Re: Automation Motorsport World Endurance [ENTRIES OPEN]

koolkei wrote: it seems every major accident is unrepairable. so what happens then? there seems to be A LOT of them in my sheets

When the drivability is low, your car is prone to have a major accident a.k.a. crash heavily into something. And when that happens, if it's unrepeirable you car will be out of the competition for that race. So the solution will be to incresease the drivability.
HOWEVER, I'm thinking I may remove all the major accident part, because is really derpy, or at least how it is calculated now. For example, if your drivability is less than 30 you will not be finishing the race, your car will be crashing very often until is unrepairable. What takes me to the other point, almost every major accident is unrepairable. It will be just easier to add to the regulations drivability >= 30. But I will not, because that would limit more the competition. And it really becomes an issue with heavier cars, because since those can have quite high power (over 700hp), it's quite difficult to make them achieve higher drivability values.

So, TL;DR don't worry about that, I will remove (or modify) the major accident part.

Vri404 wrote:I've just done a small article on the AMWEC. if anyone would like to do an interview, I'll send you the questions. If anyone wishes to tease their cars looks as well, send me an image. I'll be covering this event closely
That's pretty cool! I will like to participate... but rather until december because I really swamped with work right now :cry:.

EDIT: I just added a download linkin the OP with the tracks, both regular and with flying lap.
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:56 am

Sillyworld wrote:
When the drivability is low, your car is prone to have a major accident a.k.a. crash heavily into something. And when that happens, if it's unrepeirable you car will be out of the competition for that race. So the solution will be to incresease the drivability.
HOWEVER, I'm thinking I may remove all the major accident part, because is really derpy, or at least how it is calculated now. For example, if your drivability is less than 30 you will not be finishing the race, your car will be crashing very often until is unrepairable. What takes me to the other point, almost every major accident is unrepairable. It will be just easier to add to the regulations drivability >= 30. But I will not, because that would limit more the competition. And it really becomes an issue with heavier cars, because since those can have quite high power (over 700hp), it's quite difficult to make them achieve higher drivability values.

So, TL;DR don't worry about that, I will remove (or modify) the major accident part.

yeah.... my car is pretty close to 30 drivability..... all of them

Vri404 wrote:I've just done a small article on the AMWEC. if anyone would like to do an interview, I'll send you the questions. If anyone wishes to tease their cars looks as well, send me an image. I'll be covering this event closely (after December 20th, that is)

Article is here on page 2: http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 308#p87308

i'd like to but..... i never even made a team. or a company.
<<

iRaptor

Cars: No cars yet.

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:55 am

I went as low as 8 Drivability at one point.

I hadn't done any tests with the public sheet yet, but looking at the comments we have to do one huge work in order to have a proper racer.
Lefatti Automobili : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4421&start=10
---------------------------------
Lefatti Automobili - Car Company
Scirocco by Lefatti Automobili - Racing Department

More to be announced very soon.
<<

iRaptor

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:33 am

After some intensive development within our small sized team, we started entering our very secret Airfield track and did some intensive testings.
Our test drivers were fairly unhappy by the car at first. Our first engine, a V8 Turbo, taking the engine size rule to the letter, was spooling too late for their taste. Packaging was an issue aswell, and even with homemade heat insulation, the chassis in itself was being affected by this. Down to the engines collection, they said.

A smaller Inline 4 Turbo was tested aswell. It didn't have the packaging issues from the former power unit. But the spooling was still an issue. And the aero engineers decided to take quite an interesting way for their front aero to hopefully increase downforce in this area, which still managing to cooling. The whole team didn't know where to head at.

Sauerkraut!, the chief engineer yelled. And it quickly went back to fashion.

And even if the engineers didn't change their "aero innovation, Scirocco Racing is proud to announce their AP2 Entry!

Some might ask what's the designer's doing? Well he's been fired. Function > Form anyway.
Attachments
AMWEC - Polymer Body-2.png
AMWEC - Polymer Body-2.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 4197 times

<<

koolkei

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:36 am

dammit raptor. you just stole my triple stacked grille design

AMWEC15-koolkei-ShadowBird-AP2 - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Kuro-1.png
AMWEC15-koolkei-ShadowBird-AP2 - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Kuro-1.png (704.38 KiB) Viewed 4180 times

:lol: :lol: :lol:

btw..... now i've tested all my cars..... it seems my fastest car... is actually the AGTE O_O, at least, in the green hell.
by about 7 seconds of my other cars......... i just struck uncertainty to myself..... good thing i havent submitted yet
<<

koolkei

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:25 am

question. the price limit if is $35000.

then is $35000.68 still in tolerance?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:47 am

I'm announcing my intention to join the AGTE class. GG has been quiet for a long time, but has truthfully been searching for a way to join GT Endurance racing properly as a factory team. The problem: none of the cars GG has ever made in house uses anything but full carbon fiber. Also, the cars GG makes tends to be 2.5-4 times as powerful as the cars raced in GTE.

However, we have found ourselves an excellent company to form a coalition, with whom we have fostered a strong relationship due to development of the hardcore version of the everyman's supercar, the Znopresk Zeus. The Zeus is in fact almost perfectly suited for this kind of competition. The engineering challenge now facing GG to make the car as efficient and reliable as possible is a new one for us.

On that note, am I reading the rules correctly when I say that the more reliable the car is, the longer it takes to change tyres?
<<

iRaptor

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:14 am

koolkei wrote:question. the price limit if is $35000.

Guess it will be up to Sillyworld. I'd be fine if we were to decide, although IRL it would probably be rejected :P

koolkei wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your design looks better than mine anyway :P
Shame the lip can't go wider than that :/

strop wrote:On that note, am I reading the rules correctly when I say that the more reliable the car is, the longer it takes to change tyres?

Is it because of that :

"Remember, a more drivable car is less likely to have accidents, and the more reliable the car is, it's less likely to need repairs after those accidents."?

If so then I don't see your point in all honesty :/

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:28 am

I'm referring to this bit:

=22 x ({22 x RELIABILITY} / 1000). The result is added to the track time.

(are we sure this is typed correctly? The way I see the syntax, that's just equivalent to 0.484 * reliability, but the way you've grouped things implies a rather different intent).

I'm skeptical about why more reliable cars would need more time to change tyres. Offsetting the fact they're less likely to need repairs doesn't seem to make sense, so I guess the answer to your question there is no.

Also I just tried out the spreadsheet. I notice that even if the car goes into the pits for a repair, it can end up in the pits again as little as one lap later for a fuel/tyre change.

Is there a way to incorporate a calculation for strategy that allows us to nominate at what point we should just change the tyres/refuel so that we don't end up doing pit stops on consecutive laps? It's hardly efficient!

And another question: supposing I'm basing the race trim off somebody else's production car (with permission). Just how much of the engine can I change? Can I replace the whole family?
<<

iRaptor

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:59 am

Oh I see. Nah IMHO that's the tyre wear formula.
I had the exact same idea about what you said on pitting. I guess it would be down to Sillyworld again, if he (or anyone here) can get the formula down. Guess it wouldn't be that hard, but I'm too lazy and I'd probably not be able to find it :P

<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:03 pm

iRaptor wrote:
koolkei wrote:question. the price limit if is $35000.

Guess it will be up to Sillyworld. I'd be fine if we were to decide, although IRL it would probably be rejected :P

I don't want to be a rules-nazi, and for only 68 cents, I will allow it.

strop wrote:are we sure this is typed correctly? [...] I'm skeptical about why more reliable cars would need more time to change tyres. Offsetting the fact they're less likely to need repairs doesn't seem to make sense, so I guess the answer to your question there is no.

You're right, acctually the formula goes like
  Code:
=22-((22*RELIABILITY)/1000)
22 seconds is the base value for changing tyres, and depending on the reliability (higher reliability, silightly faster tyres changes) it will vary it, but just a few miliseconds, it's not a huge change. Eg:
  Code:
Reliability: 50  change tyres: 20.90 seconds
Reliability: 70 change tyres: 20.46 seconds
Reliability: 30 change tyres: 21.34 seconds

I wanted the pitstops for fuel/tyres were differet for every car, and since we dont have a value that can make for that (like a engineering difficulty or something) I just used the reliability value.

strop wrote:Is there a way to incorporate a calculation for strategy that allows us to nominate at what point we should just change the tyres/refuel so that we don't end up doing pit stops on consecutive laps? It's hardly efficient!
iRaptor wrote:Oh I see. Nah IMHO that's the tyre wear formula [...] Guess it wouldn't be that hard, but I'm too lazy and I'd probably not be able to find it :P

I will try some ideas next weekend to improve that! :geek:

strop wrote:And another question: supposing I'm basing the race trim off somebody else's production car (with permission). Just how much of the engine can I change? Can I replace the whole family?
Now, the rules clearly states that they should share the same displacement and number of cylinder and valves. However, there's three ways around that. The first one is to use the same family and new variant. The other one: you make a brand new engine with the same displacement and cylnders and same number of valves, and the third one, you create a really exclusive production trim, with the engine family you want to use in your race car.
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:14 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Lordred on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ID: 1963886
<<

koolkei

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Lordred wrote:LHE is announcing their intent to join with a modified version of the Orbital Mk VI, a family luxury sport sedan available in two trims.

The Base SX8E, which features a premier interior an active comfort suspension system, and the SX8P which has the up-rated P-Series engine and an active sport suspension.

The race version has had all of the luxury bits stripped out and the SX8M95+ has been pushed to the limits of the design. Retaining all of the functional bits from the production unit, the race engine still features a VVL/VVT multi cam mode to help keep the engine curve as long as possible the profiles are 3/4 Race and full race. The bottom end features titanium rods to help cope with the higher revs the race engine will face, and the DFI unit was stripped and replaced with MPFI to follow GT race regulations.

The Orbital went on a nearly 600kg diet for the race and the well refined SX8 was tortured to its limit.

LHEs SVO team hopes for an exciting race.

i thought i was the only one going with FR cars here..... well. although not on the AGTE class...

also

BOLD i thought there's nothing said about banning Direct injection???? the rules said any form on fuel injection is allowed
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Uh, Lordred, I don't believe that that car is eligible for the AGTE class. The Rules state that the car must have 2 (or 3) doors. your car has 4, therefore ineligible.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:50 pm

SillyWorld wrote:
strop wrote:And another question: supposing I'm basing the race trim off somebody else's production car (with permission). Just how much of the engine can I change? Can I replace the whole family?
Now, the rules clearly states that they should share the same displacement and number of cylinder and valves. However, there's three ways around that. The first one is to use the same family and new variant. The other one: you make a brand new engine with the same displacement and cylnders and same number of valves, and the third one, you create a really exclusive production trim, with the engine family you want to use in your race car.

Hum. This will be a problem. Going to have to consult with my supplier.

EDIT: actually no that's OK, if it's just same displacement, valves and number of cylinders, I can reengineer some VTEC, yo, into it and still be legit in the rules lololol
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions