<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:32 am

Re: Hot Hatch Cup - Race 1 Results!

Luilakkie wrote:My car has a:
224 HP V6 turbo
AWD
Total weight of 645.5 kgs (CF frame and fibre glass body)
325 tyres rear and 245 tyres front.
Multilink suspension ( :o ) .

pretty similiar. but only double wishbone here.

but i chose the old boxy body, the smallest one feasible enough. because smaller car= less weight= less material= lower cost= carbon fibre FTW :P
i think the weight also changed a bit on the update. so i think mine was something like 630ish.

but on the tyres tho. i think it was only 235 rear and 225 front
<<

Echoo0o

Cars: Kia Soul - 2015

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:23 am

Guys, really sorry but there's gonna be another slight delay until this Tuesday, (8th), since that's when I have my dynamics exam. I really should have planned this out a bit better, (i.e. waited until after my exams).
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Echoo0o wrote:Guys, really sorry but there's gonna be another slight delay until this Tuesday, (8th), since that's when I have my dynamics exam. I really should have planned this out a bit better, (i.e. waited until after my exams).

Take your time, school is always important :geek:
Besides, a competition when you have exams is enough to make you hate your life
<<

koolkei

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:07 pm

Sillyworld wrote:
Echoo0o wrote:Guys, really sorry but there's gonna be another slight delay until this Tuesday, (8th), since that's when I have my dynamics exam. I really should have planned this out a bit better, (i.e. waited until after my exams).

QOTD

either this is very true, of very false. in my case. very false. im just playing aorund 70% of the time when im having an exam week. my scores? slightly above average :)
<<

Echoo0o

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:16 am

koolkei wrote:
Sillyworld wrote:

QOTD

either this is very true, of very false. in my case. very false. im just playing aorund 70% of the time when im having an exam week. my scores? slightly above average :)

This would be me if I wasn't in my final year of university. Gotta get that 1st class honors degree :D
<<

Luilakkie

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Mercedes 280E (w123)
Mercedes 190E

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:16 am

Koolkei wrote:
Luilakkie wrote:
My car has a:
224 HP V6 turbo
AWD
Total weight of 645.5 kgs (CF frame and fibre glass body)
325 tyres rear and 245 tyres front.
Multilink suspension ( :o ) .

pretty similiar. but only double wishbone here.

but i chose the old boxy body, the smallest one feasible enough. because smaller car= less weight= less material= lower cost= carbon fibre FTW :P
i think the weight also changed a bit on the update. so i think mine was something like 630ish.

but on the tyres tho. i think it was only 235 rear and 225 front
Multilink was basically neccessary as it increases drivebility for the turbo. and allows for wider tyres 8-)
<<

koolkei

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:24 pm

Luilakkie wrote:Multilink was basically neccessary as it increases drivebility for the turbo. and allows for wider tyres 8-)

well. i was on the budget limit, a turbo engine, AWD, carbon fibre and all. and multilink didn't seem worth it. better stats, but i have to drop the quality down on other things
<<

asdren

Cars: BMW F20 125i M-Sport

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:28 am

Strange. If i remember correctlly, my track times were worse with a multilink setup, compared to the double wishbone and of course more expensive.
CEO and Founder of Revera AG
<<

Luilakkie

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Mercedes 280E (w123)
Mercedes 190E

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:13 am

when talking about tracktimes there is no single best suspension setup.

i've once had myself that semi-swingarm was fastest. depends a lot on the car in question
<<

iRaptor

Cars: No cars yet.

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:14 am

Eager to know how well I'll perform on the twistier tracks of the cup. I should be doing better, however that extra 60kg compared to other cars makes me worried :/
Lefatti Automobili : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4421&start=10
---------------------------------
Lefatti Automobili - Car Company
Scirocco by Lefatti Automobili - Racing Department

More to be announced very soon.
<<

NoahC

Cars: VW Beetle TDI
Honda CRX
Porsche 928

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:11 pm

Mine has an 800CC turbo flatplane V8. It revs out past 10K, and with the newest version of the game, sounds very interesting on the track.
<<

koolkei

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:16 pm

soooo im alone with a turbo i4 here?

and my i4 revs just as high as the V8s anyway
<<

iRaptor

Cars: No cars yet.

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:47 am

I don't want to rush you, just wanted to know whether you're all well?
We haven't heard from you for almost a week, so if you need more time for your exams then it's all fine for me :)
Lefatti Automobili : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4421&start=10
---------------------------------
Lefatti Automobili - Car Company
Scirocco by Lefatti Automobili - Racing Department

More to be announced very soon.
<<

Echoo0o

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:31 am

Re: Hot Hatch Cup - Race 2 Results!

Hey guys, really sorry for the silence, (again), but my exams are finally over, which means... Race 2 results! I'll be publishing the next results shortly, and probably expanding upon some of the already published results, (though some of the laps/total times are rather slow compared to the top 5, so unless everyone wants to see those, I'll keep those private). As for how I calculated it, the spreadsheet I used is a lot simpler than I wanted it to be, and thanks to my Automation updating to the beta, some of your cars either no longer work or perform completely different to how they did prior to the update. All races are 12 laps, with lap times varying from the Automation test times through:

1.) A random number added to the time, varying between (0.5 to -0.5) to take into account that there's a human driving the car.
2.) A function of drivability, (to attempt and simulate in a very simple way how the car responds to driver input), is added/subtracted from the lap times: Lt + ((35-x)/100)
Where 'x' is the drivability of the vehicle, Lt is lap time, and 35 is the threshold drivability that I selected as most of the much faster cars had relatively low drivablility compared to the slower cars. In the end it didn't really change the results by too much, but it did somewhat balance the time differences.

I was considering adding fuel economy into the mix, but the update happened and I forgot to turn off my auto-update, which, as mentioned previously, screwed up most of the cars, and aside from that, the material for my exams turned out to be ever so slightly more difficult than what I thought it was, and I ended up scrapping a few other ideas I had to be able to study more.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:56 am

Re: Hot Hatch Cup - Race 2 Results!

Glad you put exams ahead of automation, its a fun game but not worth that kind if headache. Huzza new lap times! Curse you iraptor, I name you nemesis and will be loosening your rear bumper next race to regain a podium spot.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions