FAQ  •  Login

Man With a Van Challenge! (Second Review)

<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:08 am

Re: Man With a Van Challenge! (23-6 Revealed)

As a man still writing reviews for something, trust me when I say I am SURE DoctorNarfy has a good reason why they are not up.

Mine are currently unfinished due to a lack of muse. I open up Word and flounder away at making the unintelligible, intelligible. Give him the time he needs for quality, and I am sure you will not be disappointed.
ID: 1963886
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:52 am

^

perfection can't be rushed?
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:38 am

Lordred wrote:As a man still writing reviews for something, trust me when I say I am SURE DoctorNarfy has a good reason why they are not up.

Mine are currently unfinished due to a lack of muse. I open up Word and flounder away at making the unintelligible, intelligible. Give him the time he needs for quality, and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

I wish I could confirm this. My Only excuse is that I've not done reviews yet, and I'm having slight difficulty as to how to express my thoughts into my words. I've made at least 3 different drafts, but I scrapped them all because I thought they turned out poorly.
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Vw Golf 3 TDI

Post Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:29 am

Any news? It's been a long time since we've heard from you...
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:26 am

(Hey Guys, Sorry It took so long. I won't make excuses. Just that I was having a hard time translating my thoughts into words.)

You are a person who does work. You might be a contractor, a delivery person, or somebody else working Nine to five.
you need a veichle that will meet you halfway and be willing to work just as hard as you are. I'm looking
through the best of the best to find a van to help you. This first choice is called the Rennen Spatium.

Car -6.png
Car -6.png (630.81 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

Doing Nothing- Why are you talking about not using it for cargo? that's what these vans are made for! I hear you saying.
yes, they are made for heavy lifting, but more often than not, these are company viechles. The people they transport
are more important than the items it transports. The Interior, It's Cheap. It's pretty much all plastic, I get it, mister
billion dollar cars and private jets is complaining about the interior of a cheap car.
but it looks one of the most exciting from the outside, and that just doesn't carry into the interior.
Other than slight dissapointment, the interior does what is needed and nothing more. The suspension options where
also built on the cheap side, which makes the ride a bit uncomftorable, but it means that the van won't go into
low rider mode when you fill it up with your junk.

Loading Up Cargo. The Rennen Spatium as a great chassis base. It's a ladder chassis made of AHS steel, and it works
great for carrying all of your crap, and an all aluminum body keeps it lighter, meaning It won't at least drink like a
raging alchohaulic. While the economy's not amazing, the automatic transmission doesn't let it wonder all over the place.
You'll see slighty more than 20MPG whether your right food is made out of lead or not. Has a lot of room too. Like, a lot of room. I could live if one of
these vans was my office, which for most people, they are.

Strength? The Rennen Spatium will carry heavy cargo, but not without protest. It's 260 Horsepower is adequate, but it's performance
does falter when you load it up to the brim. But given that most of the engine's torque is avalible before 2500RPM, you won't
ever noitce unless you put a stone statue in the back. It's good for carrying a lot of stuff, It's good for carrying heavy stuff,
but when you want it to carry a lot of heavy stuff, It will fight you the entire way.

Car -7.png
Car -7.png (640.81 KiB) Viewed 3940 times

But how'd it fair with ownership costs? Odd enough, you have to register the Rennen Spatium as a muscle car, which makes the insurance.. Less than Optimal.
But It's got high safety and crash protection. An IHS representative has gone as far to tell me this van is "Pretty Safe" So insurance, coupled with the fuel consumption makes it cheaper to own than a regular Muscle car and even most regular cars for that matter.

The last word. It's great as a mobile office. Plumbers, electritians,
and exterminators will love it. But It's a bit too middle ground. Like a Toyota Tacoma, It doesn't want to be to soft for
for a first time bussiness owner, but It doesn't want to be strong enough for heavy duty construction or delivery jobs.
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:31 am

Re: Man With a Van Challenge! (First Review)

Thanks for the review! I really appreciate it. I'm honored to be a finalist at the least, but I think Rennen is more suited to sportier cars.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:08 am

When can we expect the next review? Any ETA?
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:16 am

Late Monday, Early Tuesday. I can start posting them quicker after that.
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:38 am

DoctorNarfy wrote:Late Monday, Early Tuesday. I can start posting them quicker after that.

For those who think he is taking way too long, he didn't specify which Monday/Tuesday.

Any news, Narfy?
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:39 am

In all honesty the reviews are mostly written. I've just been swamped with stuff. If I don't update by this time next week, you officially have my permission to shoot me.
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:34 am

DoctorNarfy wrote:In all honesty the reviews are mostly written. I've just been swamped with stuff. If I don't update by this time next week, you officially have my permission to shoot me.

I'll use this quote in case you're not finished by then :twisted:
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:30 am

Astana Exporter- The Official Van of Kickstarter companies and student loan businesses.

Exporter - Premium 2D15 3.0L-1.png
Exporter - Premium 2D15 3.0L-1.png (624.73 KiB) Viewed 3746 times

The only people who will ever own Astana Exporters are the people who use them themselves, because this just is not a fleet vehicle. It might try to sell you that it’s a fleet van with it’s ladder chassis and it’s solid axle rear suspension, But then you get inside, and it has an interior that feels very premium, something mercedes or BMW level, and yes, it is very nice and comfortable, but then any cheap businessman would read the “Sales Features” and see that is has an electronically controlled differential and wonder what utility feature got cut instead.

Exporter - Premium 2D15 3.0L-3.png
Exporter - Premium 2D15 3.0L-3.png (681.77 KiB) Viewed 3746 times

These are things for luxury cars, not a van that needs to be sold in units of 10. Even when you look at the engine, this is the theme that continues through the Astana Exporter, It’s a 3 liter 4 cyllinder, but then you realize it’s made entirely from aluminum and uses Variable Valve Timing. From a business standpoint, that's just something nice, but unnecessary. Final thoughts, the Astana Exporter just isn’t a van that can be sold in bulk. It is nice, but not nice in a utility, “I’d use this to move a ceiling to Miami way”, more like an “I’d Rent this as a U-hual” way. It’s not like it can’t do legitimate work, but pieces need to be cut for vans to be sold at less than 25gs, and for all of it’s nice things, the Astana Exporter sacrificed It’s ability to be a fleet van. I would own an Astana exporter, but I would not purchase them for a business if i needed to.

Exporter - Premium 2D15 3.0L-2.png
Exporter - Premium 2D15 3.0L-2.png (580.25 KiB) Viewed 3746 times
Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions