PTT Pro Touring Tour

<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Re: PTT Pro Touring Tour

@strop

1st impression.

OH GOD, how did you pull off an engine that have torque that doubles the power O_O

2nd impression
OWH HAWD, THAT FUEL CONSUMPTION.
you would be done if it was irl.. the clean air act is on, must have shitty power robbing catalyst, 18mpg is the max limit.

but overall. nice ride 8-) love the styling
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:09 pm

koolkei wrote:@strop

1st impression.

OH GOD, how did you pull off an engine that have torque that doubles the power O_O

2nd impression
OWH HAWD, THAT FUEL CONSUMPTION.
you would be done if it was irl.. the clean air act is on, must have shitty power robbing catalyst, 18mpg is the max limit.

but overall. nice ride 8-) love the styling

For the first impression, check the torque settings. It's in N-m not lb-ft. With 10.9L and what looks like a restrictive exhaust and a very low cam setting, and probably a very rich fuel setting and high advance ignition, it's pretty easy to do.

For the second impression, well, that is what a 10.9L OHV race engine should get! 9.4mpg sounds spot on! In fact, it could almost be an eco-muscle car. ;)
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:16 pm

CobaltGirl, that convertible looks like it'd be a lot of fun to drive around in.

Strop, glad to see some insanity there. I wish you luck, though I suppose with that much torque, you can just tow the fuel truck for mobile refueling.

Me, I'm not even sure what I can do to this little engine to make mad power, so I'll have to hope like heck that I can keep things light.

I can already tell this is going to get interesting.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:22 pm

America 1955, the year Centauri unleash the first Paladin upon the world and changed everything.
Attachments
2015-10-11_00003.jpg
2015-10-11_00003.jpg (258.24 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
2015-10-11_00002.jpg
2015-10-11_00002.jpg (279.9 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
2015-10-11_00001.jpg
2015-10-11_00001.jpg (274.33 KiB) Viewed 4428 times
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

koolkei

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:33 pm

^
wow. going with 1955 are we? 8-)

Madrias wrote:CobaltGirl, that convertible looks like it'd be a lot of fun to drive around in.

Strop, glad to see some insanity there. I wish you luck, though I suppose with that much torque, you can just tow the fuel truck for mobile refueling.

Me, I'm not even sure what I can do to this little engine to make mad power, so I'll have to hope like heck that I can keep things light.

I can already tell this is going to get interesting.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Thanks, Madrias! Cars are for fun, so fun cars I build! It's a 5.3L (327ci) OHV V8, so it is probably a lot of fun in a lightweight car. I can tell you it is in the 1hp/1ci range for power and a bit higher for torque. I can build great engines, but cars, no so much. I have a rough time with suspension and gearing setups! The best part is, it is an easy engine to update for the challenge. The 327 is a very potent engine, although I definitely waffled around between this one and my absolute favorite Chevy 302. Of course, in 1971, neither of these engines were actually in production.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:39 pm

nialloftara wrote:America 1955, the year Centauri unleash the first Paladin upon the world and changed everything.

Does that say Total Costs: $16k?
<<

koolkei

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:41 pm

dont left me out guys.

here's my legendary FTC.

the little fun sport budget car, that you could drive daily (wont be comfortable though). and still be very forgiving on the street, and on the track. all while still managing 11km/l+.

with a ridicolously small 1.06L V6 and front wheel drive that enables it to get that level of efficiency.

with a score of 80+ on almost every market it cater to.

this car would be the miata of the '70s

and im very proud of this one 8-) 8-)

even with 10-12% profit margin, it could still be highly competitive, while being very profitable :)

now my job is done for now. time to go to work irl. yes, it's sunday, im working anyway :(
<<

Madrias

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:11 pm

Looks kinda British, Koolkei! I like it. Also, you need a high five: Members of the V6 club!

Niall, that thing looks wicked! The Paladin looks like it'll be one tough competitor.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Re: 1000 units:

I guess the best guess is whether your production plant has enough PU to cover it, plus whether your car us sufficiently competitive in the market tab. Given pony cars sold by the tens of thousands (each) as long as it was decent I'd say itd sell. Mine scored 120 competitiveness in muscle premium (and 140+ in Hyper but there was only one competitor so that doesn't really count), so it'd sell, but as a top tier trim which also requires a few more production units than usual I'd say it wouldn't sell in massive quantities, therefore 1000 across a run would be reasonable.

Also yes, the 2015 touring build is going to run maximum lean LOL. I can get emissions down quite easily to spec. But the emissions act in the 70s would definitely have killed this trim but good. I just wanted to make something with more torque than an SL65 AMG :lol:
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:11 pm

strop wrote:Re: 1000 units:

I guess the best guess is whether your production plant has enough PU to cover it, plus whether your car us sufficiently competitive in the market tab. Given pony cars sold by the tens of thousands (each) as long as it was decent I'd say itd sell. Mine scored 120 competitiveness in muscle premium (and 140+ in Hyper but there was only one competitor so that doesn't really count), so it'd sell, but as a top tier trim which also requires a few more production units than usual I'd say it wouldn't sell in massive quantities, therefore 1000 across a run would be reasonable.

Also yes, the 2015 touring build is going to run maximum lean LOL. I can get emissions down quite easily to spec. But the emissions act in the 70s would definitely have killed this trim but good. I just wanted to make something with more torque than an SL65 AMG :lol:

Can you elaborate?

As you can see, the game disagrees with my car being a pony car, but I know what a pony car should be. This is hardly a hypercar!
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:08 pm

As in, because we're not in tycoon mode, there's no telling the other logistical and financial factors that would impact how many units you'd buy or sell, so it's a matter of creating a car that is competitive in any segment on the market grid and extrapolating from there.

Also the grid can be misleading: it definitely doesn't tell you what your car is, but rather, if somebody were looking at cars designated x, how likely are they to look and buy your car instead? The competitor cars were all built by beta testers and the devs to have a bit of a range, but the weightings and budget are ultimately a bit arbitrary.

If you find there's a serious mismatch with the definitions and the parameters in the market do say something, because there might be a case to tweak the model.
<<

Madrias

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Mine looks like someone loaded 10 squares in a scattergun, pointed it at the stats grid blindfolded, and pulled the trigger.

I think I'd probably manage selling a thousand of 'em, but I'm not exactly sure where they'd go or who'd buy them.
Attachments
2015-10-11_00001.jpg
2015-10-11_00001.jpg (263.47 KiB) Viewed 4481 times
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Who knows right. Brand image and consumer base plays a big role too. I mean, I know from first hand experience that Holden Captivas are not only crap, they're just about the worst SUV you can buy in Australia, but there's still a billion of them on the road because Holden :P

Also, the market penalises your cars for a whole range of things, the most annoying being how old the body is!
<<

Riso

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:32 pm

I am confused. I thought PTT was cancelled yet people are still posting cars?
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions