FAQ  •  Login

Regular Communist (1986) - Racing and Car Rating! [FINAL]

<<

SeriousSimon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: I own nothing, I drive everything!

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Regular Communist (1986) - Racing and Car Rating! [RACE

What happened here? Nothing has happened for more than a week already. Please don't let this be a cool, abandoned competition.... :(
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Our Commies are currently driving to poland, but someone's car broke down, and they had to fix it completely and wait for parts from russia. But my informations say that they will arrive and race this afternoon evening
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Damn Russian parts... ;)
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:18 pm

So, anyone up for a spot of guessing on who broke down and a guess on what part it was? I'm going to hazard a guess that the Vroom blew a differential with all of that power. Either that, or my intercooler fell out again.
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:29 am

07CobaltGirl wrote:Damn Russian parts... ;)

Soviet parts, American Parts, makes no difference.

All made in Taiwan.
ID: 1963886
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:42 am

22nd July 1986

Its a nice summer day in Poznan. But the travel up there was quite a horror. Right after the Race on the Green Hell one of the cars had to be repaired due to a broken axle. It was the ZSD Vroom, it made weird noises the whole race and ride to the Ring, and right when the group wanted to leave, it broke. And that supension part was specially made, so it meant either disqualifciation or waiting for new parts to arrive and being changed. The whole group decided for waiting.
While they waited, the statemen had enough time to walk around the parking lot and look at the cars, with a potential test drive.
They saw an interesting car, the PC86. They saw it for the first time, as it performed so bad in race, that noone of them noticed it. While they were confident about the average comfort of it, they were really amazed how safe it actually is designed and how easy and cheap it is to maintain.
It was cheap, reliable and had low maintenance cost, but they decided that this car, while it is pretty good, is not their favourite as its simply too slow, but its close to be one. The KGB could not chase other people in it or put in better equipment without making it painfully slow.
They moved on to the Pinguin Wagon TURBO and one of them screamed "Этот автомобиль имеет турбонагнетатель!" (This car has a turbo charger!). And he was right. It was propelled by a 1.9L I4 SOHC Turbo which made around 110hp at 5200RPM and 175Nm at 3500RPM, which not as amazing as one of the engineers pointed out, but it yielded to a decent track performance and a good fuel economy. The statemen were pleased by the huge cargo space they had available, but had to admit that the comfort was more on the average side of things, but it was again one of the safer cars out there.
After a couple of days the ZSD was finally fixed and it could go on a drive to poznan, which went by flawlessly, besides the many many re-fuel stops by the ZSD, there were absolutely no problems. Except the border controls on the german-german border.

And then they arrived, at Tor Poznan. Someone once called it the Hockenheimring of Poland, as its almost the same, and it actually is. Both have a bunch of corners, both have tarmac, and the most amazing is... both have start and finish on the same position!
After a short preperation and walk around the track they went on driving... and THESE are the results:

Standings after Race3:

<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:11 am

I should be in 8th ;) My car is VERY consistent.
<<

Riso

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 am

An offer to send and install a new engine together with a full envelope of cash was declined. How rude.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:00 am

At this rate I will need to score in top 5 consumer cars in order to beat Trackpaduser overall, that will be tough!
<<

Madrias

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Looks like I'm also being consistent, clinging ever so barely to the last point on the list. Also glad that my intercooler didn't fall out, and how the hell did I call it that the Vroom broke? I mean, granted, I said diff, not axle, but I meant it as a poor joke, not to actually call it.

Seems like the automatic held up this round, the turbo hasn't died, and the engine, despite the transmission's attempts to kill it, is still turning. Perhaps my last-minute maintenance last race did something. Still, I think now would be a good time to replace the air filter, that and probably put some new windshield wiper blades on my car. Wiping dirt off the window in the Automation Rally probably didn't do the wipers any good.
<<

Absurdist

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Civic

Someone stole my bike :c

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:02 pm

BlastersPewPew! What did you do? You step on my spot, why you do dis to us? XD

Ok, we can share.

Also, I love the write up Pyrlix, when I read " And he was right" I lost it. Please sir! Can I have some more?

Equal 7th, very happy with that.
"Anything happens in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does." - The great Murry Walker.

I'm on Steam!
Absurdistx
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041832277/
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:55 am

23rd July 2015

After the Race in Poznan there were actually no problems. This time the Vroom suspension did not snap and there were no other problems. So the statemen decided to drive to the next location, which is somewhere in France. But before they went on the tour, they decided to make a little test. They went to the local farmer and bought all potatoes he had, with the intent to stuff them in all cars and to see which one could take the most potatoes. They first started with the Znopresk Z220, as it was the first in the line. And they were pleased by it! It could fit a LOT of potatoes, but got into a limit when the reached 0.9m³ potatoes, and the suspension is really suffering, the car is lowered by a lot. But it still can drive, and the statemen had an issue, there were only 4m³ of potatoes left. They shrugged and went on with the Pinguin and they were even more pleased by it! They managed to fit in 1.2m³ of nice polish potatoes, and caused the supension to almost collapse on the weight, and the driver was unhappy with this situation, as the car drove like a boat.
The statemen ignored the fact and started looking for the boot on the SCM FATI K DEAL, but they were not successful. They could only put 1 potato in the pocket of the driver, as the car had a total cargo space of ... nought, which caused them to still have 2.8m³ potatoes that needed to be delivered to france.
They decided on stuffing the rest in the Austin Allegro, DesertMotors Firefox and the Sabre GT. The Firefox showed similar behaviour compared to the Pinguin, but the V6 suffered even more, due to a lack of low-end power which the turbo can give due to early boost.
The Austin and SabreGT both fitted around 0.8m³ of potatoes, which pleased the statemen yet again, but on the same moment they were quite embarassed. Their test failed, they had no potatoes left, and the other 15 cars are still empty.

So they decided to drive to nowhere else than... MONACO. But they discovered that their potato experiment had a negative sideeffect... the fuel-stops became way more frequent than before, and they shared every second stop with the ZSD Vroom,
but after huge bills they finally reached Monaco, where they went for a quick race... after they sold the huge amount of potatoes.

And here are the results for the race on Monaco:

And here the final race Standings:

The winners of the race part of this competition were:

1st. Trackpaduser - with his ZSD Vroom!
2nd (double) Leo9613 with the Austin Allegro Group B CE and Trollercoaster with the Trollercoaster Perestroika
4th Strop with the Belford Prolewagon

And lets see how the consumer results and the final final standing will be... this weekend. Stay tuned!
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:08 am

Ooh, I have an outside chance to get on the podium of a 'something other than pure racing' challenge... so excitement!
<<

Madrias

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:27 am

Wow! I'm actually kinda excited for this. I know for a fact I can't win, but I'm interested in where the ranking of my car fits in for the consumer market.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:48 pm

0.8m³ of Polish potatoes! Who's up for French Fries? hahaha
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions