FAQ  •  Login

Touch of Class [1978] [REVIEW POSTED]

<<

Elouda

Cars: 2012 BMW X318d

Post Sat May 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Re: Touch of Class [1978] [REVIEW POSTED]

Wow, second. Totally did not expect that, especially after reading that I was the most expensive of this bunch.

I fiddled with the transmission a lot, but the 4 speed manual just seemed to be offer the best combination of characteristics.

And yeah, I also tried 5 seat vs 4, but the gains were very limited, and I felt 4 seat fit the style more.

Thanks again for an awesome challenge, and fun reviews as always.
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Sat May 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Ooh, minor correction: the Jubatus isn't actually a liftback. There might be a liftback variation on the body, and it's definitely a fastback, but if you look at where the seam is in the 3D model, it's actually built with a trunk. (I stretched the tail a little to make it less useless, but it's still pretty small. Big enough for a golf bag, though!)
<<

NiuYorqCiti

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Ford Ranger 3.0l TD & Chevrolet Agile 1.4l.

Post Sun May 24, 2015 2:23 am

Third overall, didn't expected that at all. It was really fun to compete, and being first at the Nuts and Bolts category makes me proud of my creation. :mrgreen:

I can't wait for the next challenge, keep 'em coming.
Ponni Motors Corporation (POMOCO) owner.

Car Company ID: #1943998
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog/company/150
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Sun May 24, 2015 5:14 am

I made a couple quick corrections, including Packbat's body style correction.

NiuYorqCiti wrote:Third overall, didn't expected that at all. It was really fun to compete, and being first at the Nuts and Bolts category makes me proud of my creation. :mrgreen:

When you said you sent the wrong file after I had approved the one you sent in, you had no idea how hard it was for me to not jump up and down yelling "DON'T REVISE IT! YOU'RE DOING WELL!" :lol: That may have worked in your favor, no idea what your revision may have gained or lost.

The next competition that I have mostly planned out may be a while, as I really want to wait until the release of V6's to do it. That being said, the particular competition I have in mind is going to be MASSIVE, have a minimum of a 2-week design opening period, and *ALL* currently "disallowed" companies will be allowed to compete in it.
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

NiuYorqCiti

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Ford Ranger 3.0l TD & Chevrolet Agile 1.4l.

Post Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 am

VicVictory wrote:I made a couple quick corrections, including Packbat's body style correction.

NiuYorqCiti wrote:Third overall, didn't expected that at all. It was really fun to compete, and being first at the Nuts and Bolts category makes me proud of my creation. :mrgreen:

When you said you sent the wrong file after I had approved the one you sent in, you had no idea how hard it was for me to not jump up and down yelling "DON'T REVISE IT! YOU'RE DOING WELL!" :lol: That may have worked in your favor, no idea what your revision may have gained or lost.

The next competition that I have mostly planned out may be a while, as I really want to wait until the release of V6's to do it. That being said, the particular competition I have in mind is going to be MASSIVE, have a minimum of a 2-week design opening period, and *ALL* currently "disallowed" companies will be allowed to compete in it.

I wanted to change the suspension settings because the car's wheels had a lot of camber to it to improve sportiness, but when I sent it in I then realized that a drivability-oriented setting might have been a better choice, but it turned out not to be so. :lol:

Today morning, when I was reading the cars' review I was thinking of what the challenge could have been if we had V6s as an option, as it would be the spot between the I4s and the V8s that the game currently lacks.
Ponni Motors Corporation (POMOCO) owner.

Car Company ID: #1943998
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog/company/150
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Sun May 24, 2015 10:58 am

@NiuYorqCiti: You say that, but I was running between the I4 and V8 with an I6. That's one of the reasons I chose the long-hood car I did - so I could fit the smoother engine in there. (I don't know exactly how much comfort you gain via smoothness, but I think it's non-negligible.)
<<

nerd

Cars: None as of now and at least 3 years from now.

Post Mon May 25, 2015 5:43 am

Absolutely did not expect first place. Then again, Rado is more of an economy car company than a luxury company, so it makes more sense for Rado to build a tiny luxury coupe than a landyacht.
Rado Automotive Incrorporated (my automation car company): 1946998
Rado Automotive Incorporated car showroom
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 13 Nissan Pathfinder
99 Nissan Frontier
84 Jeep CJ7 (rock crawler)

Post Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 am

Considering I had greater than 50 in all but 3 stats... those at the top had to be damn good. Congrats.
Desert Mountains Automotive Specializing in high reliability cars and trucks for more demanding needs.
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Tue May 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Your costs were what did you in this time, Zab. You were more than 10% more costly on initial purchase and 5% more on maintenance than the Lightstar. (Which also had 50+ in the same 3 categories as you).

<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:10 pm

VicVictory wrote:The next competition that I have mostly planned out may be a while, as I really want to wait until the release of V6's to do it. That being said, the particular competition I have in mind is going to be MASSIVE, have a minimum of a 2-week design opening period, and *ALL* currently "disallowed" companies will be allowed to compete in it.

When doing initial testing for this "next" planned competition, I ran into a decided lack of bodies for the competition, so it will be on hold. I will be looking at doing something else in the mean time, but I have done no research yet on a good competition for that.

Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions