<<

ViruTypeR

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Bravo T-Jet 180cv
BMW E92 325i
Westfield SpeedSport

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:24 am

The Gren Hell Hot Hatches contest [Finally RESULTS]

It's 2015, all the makes are looking for the ultimate GTi, that who could beat a lap time of 8:30 in the Green Hell. Despite of being a practical body should have nice sportiness and very good tameness of course, the time of the radical undriveable hot hatches went.
Also will carry you and your family anywhere, without discommodities and a good prestige. The limitations are these:

-Max of 300hp
-Unleaded fuel (Max 98 RON) and catalytic converter.
-Min 4 seats
-Rear spoilers are available, but please no exaggerations (well the new TypeR 2015 will not enter lol)
-Fuel consumption < 5.88l/100km / > 40 MPG
-Emisions < 90
-Total Cost < 14.000$
-Tameness > 50
-Sportiness > 40
-Comfort > 30
-Prestige > 25
-Security > 30
-Utility > 50
-Average Reliability > 70
-Time in the Green Hell < 8:30

The blue features, will consider for the Auto Magazine test, in all the features you will catch the same point as % of improvement of the reference value.
Is a bit hard to reach to all the features, but this will give us more equality and sure some very good hot hatches.
The limit for entering the challenge will be the Friday 30 at 24:00 GMT. Send me the cars by PM with the name of the car and your user in the .lua file.

For the X<Reference values i'll use this formula: 100-(X*100/Reference)
For the X>Reference values i'll use this formula: (X*100/Reference)-100.

Using these, if a feature is below or over limitations will give negative points, and affect considerabily.

Then those results will add to the total points and give us the winner.

And here is my deal for this 2015 Hot Hatch Throne, the STEA Bilbao Copa Pack Racing. Inline 4 2.2 Turbo Direct Injection engine around 295Hp and 1300Kg.

Strop Enigma GTi, with an amazing 1.3 Inline 4 Turbo Direct Injection giving near 265Hp and a good weight of 1200Kg

Luilakkie's Pocket Rocket, a really fast hot hatch, with a beauty V8 2.2 direct injection in it, 300Hp and a surprisely light body, with only 1100Kg

Pomfret CheftonUTD, the big engined, with and non-dowsizing V8 2.7l pulling 1300Kg, AWD and very good tameness, not the fastest, but a great car for those who are looking for distintion and different image

HighOctaneLove's Bogliq Nostalgique R/T, a Retrolooking Hot hatch RWD with another V8 2.3l, giving 269Hp at a stunning 9500 rpm.

ESkuda's S1 Spec Nur, a very good looking hatch, with an Inline 6 3.0l giving us 291Hp at high revs, and an effective AWD system for a very good tameness.

The Gato P6, a curious Hatch with a 90's look and a high revs 6 inline with 300Hp, RWD and nicely balanced.

The tiny 200 1.6GT Nurgburgring Edition, with a 4cyl 1.6 Turbo engine giving us 200hp, not too many here, but the car has other advantages

V8 powered Black RR NUR, tremendous engine 3.6l of 300hp for a nice pocket MR car

Another 80's styling car, this time with FWD and a inline 6 in the front with 293hp , the NMC Lynx ST4

And finally, the Mesah GTI Nurburgring Special, a good option, RWD 2.6 V8 hot hatch with 296hp and very angry character

Last edited by ViruTypeR on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 20 times in total.
<<

NormanVauxhall

Assistant Lead Beta Tester
Assistant Lead Beta Tester

Cars: 2002 Mazda Mx-5 1.6l NBFL
2008 Toyota Prius
1971 Fiat 500 L

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:25 am

Re: The Gren Hell Hot Hatches contest [Taking entries]

Znopresk logo copyright violation! O_O
Legal office is on the way, see you in court.
XD
ŽM-Automobili Group
Born by the fusion of Blue Marlin Motori Auto and Žnoprešk Avto in 1972.
BMMS Dolphine Mk.II and Žnoprešk Zest (1974)
Žnoprešk Z217 (1963)
Žnoprešk Zap! (1981)
<<

Weasel

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2011 Opel Insignia ST 2.0 Cdti
2003 Yamaha BT 1100 Bulldog
1992 Vespa Cosa 1 LX200

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 am

sue him for everything he has!
<<

ViruTypeR

Naturally Aspirated

BMW E92 325i
Westfield SpeedSport

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:53 am

NormanVauxhall wrote:Znopresk logo copyright violation! O_O
Legal office is on the way, see you in court.
XD

I see an S no a Z lol.
<<

V10I10ilove10cyl

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Well I want a stag but I'm a few years off being able to even get a fiesta...

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:01 am

I'm going to be a scrub lord and ask how to send a .lua file? I'm sorry I'm not a tech person I just get by lol.
Danson Cars LTD promises to make cars that care for the future that we will live in. We promise performance without the guilt of killing the environment.
Coming soon:
The SLE 2.0 Turbo engine promising over 50mpg and Low emissions
The Kestrel Concept
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:08 am

Look just below the text box in reply. Use the upload attachment button. Car Lua files are in documents/automation/models
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:25 am

The regulations are quite difficult... I think I'll have to completely re-engineer the Excel Hatchback for this competition.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

ViruTypeR

Naturally Aspirated

BMW E92 325i
Westfield SpeedSport

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:35 pm

titleguy1 wrote:The regulations are quite difficult... I think I'll have to completely re-engineer the Excel Hatchback for this competition.

Yes i now hehe. Think that the makes in 2015 need to show all their cards for this sector. My car for example pass all the regulations, some of them with a good margin. The better car in overall should win, don't go only for a very fast car.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:17 am

The difficulty of this is on par with an Insane or Brutal level scenario. I'm completing it now for the sake of sheer bloodymindedness, but the problem with overly tight regulations is that they only tend to reward a limited set of approaches to a problem. This may go a long way to explaining in real life why the competition in that market is so hotly contested, but when it comes to attracting submissions from players, if it takes me a good hour to get even close to achieving most of the targets (just one more point in comfort left to make!), then most people aren't even going to have enough time to build something that qualifies.

p.s. well I've done it, but man that was a bit of a squeeze!
<<

ViruTypeR

Naturally Aspirated

BMW E92 325i
Westfield SpeedSport

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:13 am

Well i could accept cars with some features below the limit if we are only a few... But obviusly they will not take point in them.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:41 am

ViruTypeR wrote:Well i could accept cars with some features below the limit if we are only a few... But obviusly they will not take point in them.

Great! I'm glad that was clarified. In fact you could even go negative points if it was too far below the limit...

It's similar to how Automation scenario scoring allows you to get on the board if you're close enough to the limit of the scoring, non-essential elements. Fortunately for me, this is no longer a concern as I have a car that neatly qualifies across the board, but it was pretty hard getting there!
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:37 am

Quality sliders limited to just +2/-2?

That is just mean, there is no reason for them to be so limited.
<<

ViruTypeR

Naturally Aspirated

BMW E92 325i
Westfield SpeedSport

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Leonardo9613 wrote:Quality sliders limited to just +2/-2?

That is just mean, there is no reason for them to be so limited.

Yeah i was thinking about this... What do you recommend? +4/-4 or +5/-5?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:18 pm

Personally I would say unrestricted, because the costs go up exponentially the more extreme they are, with decreasing benefits. And crappy quality ruins prestige in short order. The cost-effectiveness cancels itself out if you go overboard.

If that restriction does get changed, may i revise my entry?

Strop was a little unamused to receive the brief from a major car manufacturer with a strong rally pedigree, to revamp one of their small city runabout models into a real GTi car that could actually perform on the track (and not some wheezy limp-wristed embarrassment to the Ralliart name... oops, I just said too much :P ). He loved the name of the car, he kind of liked the stance and the styling of the car, but the performance... well no it simply wouldn't do. And to make a car with such all round attributes and still make it go around a track, struck him as a bit... pointless, which was why despite everything, he never intended to own a GTi hatch, ever.

Still, as Dan habitually told him, major manufacturer, major money and good contacts if he impressed. Fine. He'd do it, if he was allowed to make a balls out AWD racing version with like 1000hp, like that hilariously awesome version from Boba Motoring. Now that was more like Gryphon Gear style.

strop  Enigma GTi-1.png
strop Enigma GTi-1.png (745.88 KiB) Viewed 6276 times

strop  Enigma GTi-2.png
strop Enigma GTi-2.png (798.71 KiB) Viewed 6276 times
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:54 pm

ViruTypeR wrote:
Yeah i was thinking about this... What do you recommend? +4/-4 or +5/-5?

I would say no limits at all, but if you really want to add them +4 or+5 start to sound reasonable.
The only quality slider that does a huge difference for minimal cost is the tyre one.
Next

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions