FAQ  •  Login

Pikes Peak Automation Hill Climb 2015 [RESULTS]

<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:26 am

Re: Pikes Peak Automation Hill Climb 2015 [RESULTS]

7th, 8th, and 9th. I sense a pattern here. :lol:
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

Luilakkie

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Mercedes 280E (w123)
Mercedes 190E

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:50 am

Unnamed cars with some cooling, lights and spoilers slapped on ftw! 8-)
<<

LeSpass

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:30 am

With the latest update, it would be interesting to see the laptimes that can be achieved, now that more suspension and differential options are available.
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:36 am

LeSpass wrote:With the latest update, it would be interesting to see the laptimes that can be achieved, now that more suspension and differential options are available.

Problem is you would have to recreate every car from scratch again, that would probably be impossible since some calculations changed and you can not port over the old cars to the new version.
<<

LeSpass

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:50 am

It´s true that unless you read all the data from the lua file, the car is mostly gone forever. Nevertheless, is always possible to try make it close as it was. In my case, I am still trying to figure it out what the hell I´ve put in my unlimited entry.
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:45 am

Ground up unicorns?
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:07 am

VicVictory wrote:Ground up unicorns?

Shhhhhhhhhhh, you were supposed to use the code word, A.K.A. "DevMeth", they are probably the same thing :D
<<

LeSpass

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:47 am

VicVictory wrote:Ground up unicorns?

The Unicorn Power or "UP". The only power unit that can measure strop´s engines output.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:35 pm

In my case, I am still trying to figure it out what the hell I´ve put in my unlimited entry.

I was actually surprised by the sheer width of your front tyres, which normally doesn't work in an MR car, but then again, that may be something to do with the loss of tameness. An optimised C group body in the old build around Nordschleife, for example, prefers something like 315s, not 425s! I think your car, as a result, was pushing cornering gs like 1.58-1.6g in the 20m circle test, which is unprecedented!

Turbos seem to be a little easier to wring performance out of in the new build, so it'll be very interesting to see how they truly stack up once calculations are redone.
<<

JasonPoland

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm really surprised how powerful my engine was in comparison to the rest of the world.
But I guess Pirelli was right saying that power is nothing without control. I'd say that I made a decent contest debut, but I wonder what I've done wrong with my car...the gap between me and 3rd in class was huge.
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Golf

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:16 pm

The typ C chassis is very tricky. I also tried putting in more powerful engines and it only makes it go slower. There must be a secret trick that only a few people know. Or they experimented until they get a magic balance of numbers. When I try to setup the car just 1 harmless can change everything. For example, using 13" or 14" rims made 8 seconds difference. I'll probably leave my hands from this chassis (in fact, all MR chassis are like that) because I dont understand it.
<<

LeSpass

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:15 am

strop wrote:
In my case, I am still trying to figure it out what the hell I´ve put in my unlimited entry.

I was actually surprised by the sheer width of your front tyres, which normally doesn't work in an MR car, but then again, that may be something to do with the loss of tameness. An optimised C group body in the old build around Nordschleife, for example, prefers something like 315s, not 425s! I think your car, as a result, was pushing cornering gs like 1.58-1.6g in the 20m circle test, which is unprecedented!

Turbos seem to be a little easier to wring performance out of in the new build, so it'll be very interesting to see how they truly stack up once calculations are redone.

I think that it has to do with the car being AWD. Before the Steam update, the power distribution couldn´t be modified. Assuming that it was distributed 50front/50rear, with low weight on the front, and a lot of power, the front tyres needed to be unusually high for a MR car.

That is easy to check though. Just put the AWD drivetrain on the group C body, install a high output engine, change power distribution, and play with the tyre width. The more power you send to the front axle, the wider its tyres have to be.
<<

Jastrzab1984

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:22 am

Immortal Pikes Peak TC - Winner of Time Attack Tuned Class

After seeing Streets of Detroit times in The FWD Sedan Endurance Series, where it was over 1 MINUTE slower than opponents I lost hope about this car. Maybe to early...

Thanx for great competition Strop :)
Barth Motors information page
http://barthautomation.blogspot.com/
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 am

As a rule you are right, but the funny thing, lespass, is for every quick solution I saw that was MR AWD, I could find a MR RWD that was faster! At least, in b1418.

The solution I had for pikes peak that was about 0.3s faster than lespass was in fact a RWD MR with unusually wide front tyres. I wonder what happens if I drop the width. I suspect my low speed cornering g will drop...
<<

BurningBridges

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Golf

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:26 am

Re: Pikes Peak Automation Hill Climb 2015 [CARDS DONE]

conan wrote:
BurningBridges wrote:What I meant was that I hope you guys dont type in all the values manually. every time. It would not be much work to write a little program that reads the values from LUA and put them into Excel.

That would be excellent! Can you write one for us?

Here you go, I have a first version for the old format (B1418).
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5833
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions