FAQ  •  Login

AMWEC '15 [Finished]

<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:27 am

Re: Automation Motorsport World Endurance [ENTRIES OPEN]

Vri404 wrote:Uh, Lordred, I don't believe that that car is eligible for the AGTE class. The Rules state that the car must have 2 (or 3) doors. your car has 4, therefore ineligible.

Uhhhhh...

Shit.

I derped..

koolkei wrote:i thought i was the only one going with FR cars here..... well. although not on the AGTE class...

also

BOLD i thought there's nothing said about banning Direct injection???? the rules said any form on fuel injection is allowed

I am aware DFI is allowed, but I was not personally aware it was dis-allowed IRL in many GT classes, so I stuck with IRL rules. Matters not as I missed the 2-door thing, and the body I chose doesnt have a 2-door trim option.
ID: 1963886
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:00 pm

I've been checking over the maps. There's something funny with the Green hell flying lap map, and it's something I encountered when I was doing my own version for something separate a while back.

Let's say my car does a 7:22 around Green Hell, original track by Der Bayer. Well, the flying lap version has my initial lap be around 7:46 and the flying lap around 7:43. What's with that?
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:58 pm

strop wrote:Let's say my car does a 7:22 around Green Hell, original track by Der Bayer. Well, the flying lap version has my initial lap be around 7:46 and the flying lap around 7:43. What's with that?

right..... well then....

even if it's wrong for more than 10 seconds.
i get the gist of your car time..... im still waaaaaaaaaaaay slower than that

i was right to go for the way more reliable=less time on pits strategy
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:15 am

I honestly don't have a clue as to how the car compares to the rest of the field. All I know is that I decided to team up with NormanVauxhall, because in my version of the story of the world this takes place in, my company has just finished a successful collaboration of an extreme version of Žnoprešk's own supercar, the Zeus. You can read about the premise here, though I would note that the car was made in a previous version and so performed better than it would in this version.

That said, the Zeus GG Tune was basically turbo-fied, developing something like 1020hp from a 6L engine. That's not compatible with the current tournament rules. But there's no need for turbo: I figured it was quite easy to make 550bhp/ton from a 5.5L NA engine given that 1245kg racing car is quite easy to make in Automation, if you have the right base materials. Fortunately, the Zeus is almost perfect in that regard, except for the fact that its displacement is a bit too high. But it's quite easy to debore and destroke in variants of the engine (I do hope that this is within the rules, as the engine family size has been preserved, and realistically, this represents a handicap for me anyway, as the engine will end up heavier and more expensive this way... worse, due to the engine size, I could not change the throttle body to throttle per cylinder as it wouldn't fit!!!). What I did was to make this car as fast as I could, saving me the trouble of having to design my own car when the requirements are already not compatible with my company's tooling processes (i.e. carbon chassis).

Znopresk Zeus - Car Trim 4-1.png
Znopresk Zeus - Car Trim 4-1.png (159.98 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:34 am

strop wrote:But it's quite easy to debore and destroke in variants of the engine (I do hope that this is within the rules, as the engine family size has been preserved

Isn't. I've already asked. I got an AGTE car ready to go, but the problem is it's street engine is 5.7, it didn't get approved.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:50 am

Oh now that is annoying. Particularly as working from a street engine that's larger confers no benefit whatsoever, as I just explained. It'd help if I knew what the rationale there was, as it'll help me figure out whether I should try to work around it.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:55 am

strop wrote:Oh now that is annoying. Particularly as working from a street engine that's larger confers no benefit whatsoever, as I just explained. It'd help if I knew what the rationale there was, as it'll help me figure out whether I should try to work around it.

I am quoting here - "sadly, you can't de-bored it. It must have the exactly same displacement"
That's all I know
<<

koolkei

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:13 am

strop wrote:Oh now that is annoying. Particularly as working from a street engine that's larger confers no benefit whatsoever, as I just explained. It'd help if I knew what the rationale there was, as it'll help me figure out whether I should try to work around it.

my logic is......
maybe exactly as you said but in reverse
it doesnt give advantage..... but actually give disadvantage....

therefore slightly unfair, even it's by the choice of who'd actually do it. making the race somewhat fairer (if that's a word)
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:25 am

Hurm, I wonder if this is going to present an issue for me also, as LHE 'schtick' Where the base model, performance model, and race models use different displacements of the same engine family using the variant tab.

If the use of this is dis-allowed, well I will not be interested in finishing my 2-door.
ID: 1963886
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:34 am

I've been quite bussy latey and I coudnt reply earlier.
But yep same displacement. The regulations for the production car says:

ELIGIBILITY

These are the regulations for the ORIGINAL production car:
 Engine: maximum displacement of 5500 cc (335.63 in3) and 4 valves per
cylinder tops. Any number of cylinders is allowed, as well as any type of
aspiration or fuel.

And under modifications:
Engine
 Same displacement, number of cylinders and valve configuration as the
original.
o Natural Aspiration: 5500cc (335.63 in3) maximum.
o Turbocharged: 4000cc (244.1 in3) maximum.
 VVT and VVL are allowed.

So yeah... Same displacement, you can't de-bore it. At least for this tournament's edition.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:21 am

Well. Time to solution c then, though for the future I would consider that option be available as the gameplay mechanic is there... However I'm not clear on how reflective that is of real life GTE rules.

Either way due to the variant mechanic existing, the rule ought to be worded that the engine family must have the same bore and stroke.
<<

koolkei

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:55 pm

hmm... kinda wondering..... i get the AGTE car done. and the AP1 car too.

but the AP2 is mostly done but im still not 100% sure.
now. is there anyone willing to or wanting to do some cooperation for the AP2 class?
since it's meant to be for 'simulated' private teams, submitting as a company alone might be slightly OP.

*i just started my own company. Komodo Motors. i dont have any cars yet though
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:57 pm

koolkei wrote:hmm... kinda wondering..... i get the AGTE car done. and the AP1 car too.

but the AP2 is mostly done but im still not 100% sure.
now. is there anyone willing to or wanting to do some cooperation for the AP2 class?
since it's meant to be for 'simulated' private teams, submitting as a company alone might be slightly OP.

*i just started my own company. Komodo Motors. i dont have any cars yet though

I'll do I co-op with you, no questions asked.
<<

koolkei

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:54 pm

KSR Dept from Komodo Motor is Announcing it's Participation in this highly prestigious World Racing event. on the AGTE and AP1 class

but first our car for the AGTE class

Named the MEX
stands for Meta Export eXperimental. the final product after years of development strictly to participate in the AGTE class, to help our brand image in the high performance car sector.

Striking and out-standing looks was never the focus of this car. every bits of it was designed for function over fashion. small wings to give just enough dowforce but keeping the drag low. simple 1 piece grille was chosen because it is the most efficient way of cooling the engine, also notice the lack of vent on the car, another design choice to reduce drag and streamlining the car, only added where it's really necessary.
the superior turbo engine was chosen because of it's efficiency and packaging size. a 4 Liter Direct Injection Twin Turbo with State of the Art refinement quality. Ensuring superb Durability, yet still delivering more than Excellent performance.
An All Aluminium Construction is also used because of it's strength and rigidity, yet are more than light enough thanks to a new type of chassis construction developed by the company for the last 10 years.

overall giving this car, a mind blowing reliability for a race car, but more than enough power to compete in it's class.

AMWEC15-koolkei-MEX-AGTE - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Racer 1-1.png
AMWEC15-koolkei-MEX-AGTE - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Racer 1-1.png (121.2 KiB) Viewed 2913 times

AMWEC15-koolkei-MEX-AGTE - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Racer 1-2.png
AMWEC15-koolkei-MEX-AGTE - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Racer 1-2.png (111.37 KiB) Viewed 2913 times

AMWEC15-koolkei-MEX-AGTE - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Racer 1-3.png
AMWEC15-koolkei-MEX-AGTE - AMWEC15-Trim-koolkei-Racer 1-3.png (238.23 KiB) Viewed 2913 times
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 am

Hi I'm new to the community soooooo I have a question...
Alternatively, if you don't have a

Company threat, a car scoring at least 80% in one demographic will be considerate

a production car.

I'm not into making a company (yet), so what does it mean exactly for my future AGTE? I do not understand the "one demographic" part...
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions