FAQ  •  Login

Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge(reviews published)

<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Re: Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge (Open for entri

Puffster wrote:Now, I don't want to exclude anyone from the challenge, and I think that small errors or deviations from the rules should not be disqualified but instead penalized(quite harshly) pointswise proportionate to the deviations instead. All errors will ofc be informed to the parties involved so they have a chance to fix it, but this way I can keep the deadline as well. Feel free to comment if you feel this is good or bad

I think this is a good idea; the penalties imposed will ensure fairness as a non-compliant car is unlikely to come first and that, if it does win, it's truly worth it's first place!
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:28 pm

Expect a second car from me, for fun, if that is alright. I built something more akin to what strop submitted, but couldn't get the numbers to all line up. Either reliability went below 75 (WTF with 65+ on the engine!?!?!?), the cost drove north of 33k (OMG the markup!!!), or the drivability dropped to the 30s, not matter what I tried. It's very, very close though!
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Fun In Scale

partietvogn.jpg
partietvogn.jpg (60.8 KiB) Viewed 5936 times

Party!

That is what we all want in life, right? That is exactly what Ardent Overseas Design Bureau* brings to your life. Check out the all-new 2002 AODB PartietVogn.

Comfort awaits you and six of your friends, along with room to store all your gear for a roadtrip or weekend getaway. Safe towing for a small trailer will ensure that any toys you wish to take can follow, and the vast ground clearance** will let you take it all where you will. Crank the tunes from the stereo***! Air conditioning or heating, it doesn't matter! All you want at the touch of a button! And AODB's strong designs will assure the party lasts for years!

Starting at $32400.

*Ardent Overseas Design Bureau is an independent entity of the Cayman Islands, not affiliated with Ardent Motors Corporation. Acknowledged as an unrelated entity by US patent and trademark laws.
**This is not an SUV. Please exercise caution to prevent high centering in extreme off-road conditions.
***Entertainment system warranty voided if sound level exceeds 25.
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:35 pm

well...i TRIED to make a revision for my car's back end

YNEC-Koolkei - YNEC- Tiara Mega-1.png
YNEC-Koolkei - YNEC- Tiara Mega-1.png (289.61 KiB) Viewed 5925 times

whaddaya think?
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Personal opinion, Koolkei, I'd switch the reverse and brake lights, but that's just me. It looks cool.
<<

Dragawn

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A high tech sportscar consisting entirely of air!

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:52 am

<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Scion FR-S

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:09 pm

<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:28 pm

Wow @oppositelock, that's a really good looking advert! Your car looks really authentic too.
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

Slax

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:45 am

Oh dear.

An undecided package with more infamy than not, the 2002 Crossroads mid-engine city cruiser did it all wrong in all the wrong places.
While reliable and fairly drivable, this thing was thrown at the sport market with claims of great performance.

A conversation transcribed from an engineer who worked at the yet undisclosed manufacturer of the Crossroads.:

"We'll just soup it up with a turbo!"
"Look, it's a mid-mounted transverse inline 4. You see the problem?"
"PUT A TURBO ON IT!"
"We're making 84 horsepower already. We just don't have the space to..."
"Fine, fine. But listen. Put a turbo on it. In fact, make it two!"
"That's... that's not..."
"I've got a meeting. Get it done."

Naturally, the turbo never happened. Too bad marketing had already started printing ads, boasting about their new automotive marvel. The car somehow slipped into production shortly after that.
Finally, after a series of obviously exaggerated video ads, early owners of this car would sue the company into oblivion. "Zero to a hundred in 7 seconds!" More like 11.

Some of these mystery mobiles still circuit the new car markets of Scandinavia. In Norway, you can grab a brand new one for $19200. Stripped of paperwork and badges for legal reasons, you'll have a hard time making this your daily driver.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:22 am

Well, it sure as hell does look like a great deal many cars that seem to populate Norway :lol:
<<

Sebesseg

Cars: '15 Charger Rallye

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:19 am

I must say I rather enjoyed putting this car together. Just looking at the stats, while I'd personally want something with just a bit more power and the interior is ghastly, this car seems great (again minus the interior) but that 50% mark-up is a killer. I wish I could've made a tad few adjustments to the overall shape more (but morph limitations) and added in better seats for peace of mind; Oh well.

Anyway here's my ad:

<<

stensen

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:32 am

just also want to say that fiddling around for this one has been incredibly fun. i didnt do the math but i am really looking forward to see how the scores will turn out. as the others said, the penalty system gives you much more freedom to design a car the way you want (with drugs involved or not :) ).
<<

Puffster

Cars: No car atm, but a kawasaki z650, 1981

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:36 am

Thanks for the great feedback. So far we are looking at 17 contestants with 1.5 hours to go, which is great, really look forward to diving better into each car and get started on the writing :D
Track time for benchmark car will be released later today or tomorrow latest.
ABR (ambitious but rubbish) Designs, freshly founded car company in 5th floor apartment, looking for more suitable workshop
Will be updated soon... ish... perhaps... hopefully
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:47 am

I just sent you an exposition entry. I'm sure strop is pushing 350km/h with his...that Aussie rat...ermmmm...wizard(?) that he is, so it probably still won't beat his. It was the first car I built but couldn't meet all the requirements, so I scrapped it for the one you already saw. ;)
<<

Puffster

Cars: No car atm, but a kawasaki z650, 1981

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:34 am

07CobaltGirl wrote:Expect a second car from me, for fun, if that is alright. I built something more akin to what strop submitted, but couldn't get the numbers to all line up. Either reliability went below 75 (WTF with 65+ on the engine!?!?!?), the cost drove north of 33k (OMG the markup!!!), or the drivability dropped to the 30s, not matter what I tried. It's very, very close though!

I just noticed this, sorry for not seeing earlier, but in the spreadsheet I forgot to remove the drivability>40 as I did not set it in the rules. This is my fault, really sorry about that. If you or anyone else want 24 more hours because of this it is not a problem on my behalf.
ABR (ambitious but rubbish) Designs, freshly founded car company in 5th floor apartment, looking for more suitable workshop
Will be updated soon... ish... perhaps... hopefully
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions