FAQ  •  Login

Regular Communist (1986) - Racing and Car Rating! [FINAL]

<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 am

Re: Regular Communist (1986) - Racing and Car Rating!

You are wrong there, Strop. I had a very powerful, 550 hp beast, but that would be awful on the consumer sim. So in the end I went for a sensible 4.2 32V engine, with only 200 and something horsepower.

The gas-guzzling prize, I'm pretty sure, goes to trackpaduser's 600+hp car :P
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:29 am

my low hp will leave you all in the dust, If I can get Gorbatchow to like the car.
ID: 1963886
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:34 am

Interesting. (sadly, I don't use L/100km as a standard, so I don't know exactly where I fall on that chart, but at least this time I don't have the most expensive.)

As promised, now that everyone's locked in, I'll show the Tradewind inline 4 and the unique design ideas behind it. Or, perhaps, the lack of uniqueness in general...

To be fair, I had debated on whether saying "Snail" would have been a giveaway.

A mighty 122 horsepower was carefully convinced out of the engine while attempting to maintain fuel efficiency. I tend to build to two dramatic extremes: either super-economic or super-overpowered. Not having my MP-EFI or DFI, I switched to cheap, reliable, and kinda economical.
Attachments
Storm Tradewind I4 - EcoFire-1.png
Storm Tradewind I4 - EcoFire-1.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 5303 times
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:14 pm

pyrlix wrote:Highest Economy - 29,41 l/100km
Average Economy - 9,52 l/100km
Lowest Economy - 5,62 l/100km

You switched the highest and lowest economy around.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:46 pm

Leonardo9613 wrote:You are wrong there, Strop. I had a very powerful, 550 hp beast, but that would be awful on the consumer sim. So in the end I went for a sensible 4.2 32V engine, with only 200 and something horsepower.

The gas-guzzling prize, I'm pretty sure, goes to trackpaduser's 600+hp car :P

The aero, AWD and gigantic 6.8L V8 don't really help.

At least it does sub 2:15 on the automation test track, so it won't be last overall :D
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:16 pm

Thanks for ruining the balance of the challenge :P Well, can't say that wasn't a fair move though.
<<

Absurdist

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Civic

Someone stole my bike :c

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:50 am

TrackPadUser.... That thing..... is.... ab-so-lute-ly BRILLIANT! XD
"Anything happens in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does." - The great Murry Walker.

I'm on Steam!
Absurdistx
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041832277/
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:27 am

Very subtle and discrete. :lol: :lol:
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:01 am

It is my attempt at breaking the challenge :lol:

Although the more I think about it, the more I think I will get wrecked on the overall score by the cars that are somewhat fast but also much much better on the consumer rating.

I have a few stats that aren't too horrible, like driveability and utility, but the rest is very bad.

Also, guess how comfortable my car is.
<<

Tycondero

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:38 am

TrackpadUser wrote:It is my attempt at breaking the challenge :lol:

Although the more I think about it, the more I think I will get wrecked on the overall score by the cars that are somewhat fast but also much much better on the consumer rating.

I have a few stats that aren't too horrible, like driveability and utility, but the rest is very bad.

Also, guess how comfortable my car is.

With those tyres. It does look like it can cruise nicely off-track.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:46 am

The way off-road is calculated, the tire profile is what is important, so to maximize it you usually need to use narrower tires.

It is quite rubbish IIRC, especially since the tires are semi-slicks. and it has double wishbone on all four corners.
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:35 am

21 June 1986

Its a warm and nice morning on a parking lot near Moscow. The parking lot is on one of the many Automation Test Track, which exist all around the world. The car industry statemen seem to just stand there and wait for the people they contracted to make a good universal car that is capable of racing. They are getting a bit nervous, every Contractors was required to arrive at 9 o'clock, but it already is 10 past 11, so there is quite a delay. One of them mentioned that the contractors may never received the task list, maybe the KGB is still sniffing through the mail. Just as they wanted to leave they hear a loud roaring engine and by loud I mean... REALLY LOUD.
Right around the corner the ZSD Vroom! appears and one of the statemen screams "HOW IS THAT ROAD LEGAL???", another one was shocked by the design and sound, that he almost fainted. The ZSD parked on his assigned checking spot, where the state mechanics will check the complete car for stinking capitalistic technology.
Shortly after the ZSD all the other contestants arrived one by one - but one car was stopped with the words "Damn.. is that a Znopresk ASAZ?" - they all were astonished by the fact they still got one of those old and rare Znopresk-ASAZ Z220. "I thought all of them rusted away" another Statemen said, while he waved the Z220 to Parking lot #12.

Only a few cars are missing, and nature brought the first test to them, as it started to rain. And it was raining alot, the once dry dirt road to the Test site, became a muddy rallye track, all the parked cars got wet, and some of them had water dripping inside the cabin. Not the best conditions to show the good sides of the car.
All of the sudden you could hear someone yelling, it was slavic, and it was very angry. "KURWA MAC!!", the driver of the PolMot was yelling. He got stuck in the new rallye track, but thankfully the Z220 driver had a towline in his huge boot and helped the poor PolMot driver out of the dirt.

Then the last car arrived. You could not really see the shape, but it must have a huge spotlight, as its blinding everones eyes, but it struggled a lot on the rallye section, but managed to get out of it. When the driver parked, everyone could see the horrible fact... it was not soviet made or had stolen parts. It had more head lights the industry could deliver to a single workshop, more chrome than available in the whole USSR and a total of TWO WINGS. The statemen thought to ban the Austin Allegro Group B Chrome Edition, but they let it pass, as it seemed nice apart from the tiny problems.

All the drivers were talking to each other and exchanged their experience with the cars so far, but they were interrupted by a shouting statesmen, who declared that the first race will happen in a few minutes.
Everyone got in their car, and drove to the starting line and gave their best.

And here are the results:

OT: Why am i even writing such a huge text?! If you like it i can think about something for the next races, if not: I make it a bit shorter, like 3 lines of text.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:45 am

Re: Regular Communist (1986) - Racing and Car Rating! [RACE

I can't speak for everyone, but I LOVE competitions with story lines. BSLL has been my absolute favorite competition to date because of this. You might want to limit the user RP, however, as BSLL got quite...ummm....colorful by the end.
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:01 am

I also love "story time" :D Gives a nice mental image of what's going on. Also how did I get 7th??? Must be doing something right :P
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:06 am

Traditional LHE slowness shown on the track.
ID: 1963886
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions