FAQ  •  Login

Got Rice? Tuners challenge [Accepting Entries | 10.feb DL ]

Poll ended at Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:00 am

Add a new event scored by how much the car improved with tuning? (Track time, cost)

Yes!
90%
No!
10%

Total votes : 21
<<

asdren

Cars: BMW F20 125i M-Sport

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:25 am

Re: Got Rice? Tuners challenge [Accepting Cars (Read more)]

Looking for an entry sports coupe? Then look no further, we present the '92 Revera FS 3.0 4wd. A 3Liter 200hp inline 6, limited slip diff, and our new variable all wheel drive system is everything an enthusiasts heart needs.

CEO and Founder of Revera AG
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:26 am

Presenting the 1980 Pepe B1, in rare "warm brown." Designed for the Archanian market, it runs on a horribly underpowered 1.0L using regular leaded that could really use a modern tuning. But it only costs $6800!

Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

BlahLord

Cars: Yugo 55

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:09 am

Woah the series is getting a lot of feedback, we're expecting quite a variety of cars, from kei cars to budget supercars.
I'll update the Car Showroom in a totally different style.
Events and challenges are going to be figured mid-week, you can expect first entries during the weekend,
PEACE!
<<

BlahLord

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:40 am

Re: Got Rice? Tuners challenge [Accepting Cars/First Reviews

*You switch to your favourite TV channel, with a bowl of popcorn in your lap, jumping up and down on your old dirty sofa that smells like a pile turd. But you are happy as the final block of commercial end and the text shows "GearTop", the show you could kill for*

Today we are taking a look at the 2002 Visto, by the Erin motors company!
First off we notice the design of the car, it looks like a happy small gerbil in my opinion, but who cares let's take a look under the bonnet!

In the engine bay we can see a small 1.4l turbocharged engine that will spew out 94 Horse Power at the redline, which is wierd considering the company really limited the engine output but, this obviusly isn't a sporty hot hatch. Indeed it does six liters per 100 kilometers! We also note that this little engine can squeeze 172nm of torque thanks to it's really efficent turbocharger setup.

Now let's take a close look inside the car!

Inside there's a generic standard interior, nothing new or fancy a clunky radio that, you knew it! Supports CD-ROM and a cassette player, come on people it's the 21st century! I've also got info that this car could probably survive a direct hit by a nuclear missile! HOW COOL IS THAT?!

Let's take the car to the test track on a quarter mile race, why? Well I got bored with a normal review and this eco-box car is going to drown on some fuel. Alright so here we go! *No tire squeal* Well this is not so exciting isn't it, feels like riding on a cloud. We hit the 100km/h mark in 11.6s and we finish the quarter mile in mid 18 secounds.. This is quite bad, wait, are we reviewing a family eco car for it's sportiness? Well, let's see how would you review it

*A tank smashes into the car in the background*

As you can see, the car is pretty pancake like, but the tank had a struggle crushing it, the cockpit is still in one piece. How amazing that is? You wonder where we got a tank? Well the military didn't want to lend us a nuke to test the theorie, they felt sorry for us and lent us an Abrams..
Sadly we are left without a car to finish the "Normal" test with so we'll hand to end it here

Thank you for tuning in and have a good one!

*Outro starts and shortly the channel switches to another commerical block*
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (128.32 KiB) Viewed 5606 times
Last edited by BlahLord on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:47 am

GAH, they sacrificed "Random person from the street on a hugely overpriced bicycle" segment for this?! Gear Top is going downhill, I blame Jebediah Carlsson
<<

BlahLord

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:53 am

squidhead wrote:GAH, they sacrificed "Random person from the street on a hugely overpriced bicycle" segment for this?! Gear Top is going downhill, I blame Jebediah Carlsson

That comment made me chuckle :D
So, what do you think guys should I review some more?
<<

CadillacDave

Cars: 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo 4x4

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:57 am

BlahLord wrote:
squidhead wrote:GAH, they sacrificed "Random person from the street on a hugely overpriced bicycle" segment for this?! Gear Top is going downhill, I blame Jebediah Carlsson

Yes do more please :D
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:12 am

Presenting the 1982 Solo Hare V6 Sport. Mid-engine RWD coupe that manages 20.4 MPG and 9:36 around the green hell. Also does 0-100 in 6.9 seconds, all with a naturally aspirated engine that's far from its maximum potential.

Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:16 am

BlahLord wrote:

Oh my God. Please. I was in tears after reading your review of the Visto!

squidhead wrote:I made a communitasia sporty on a solid rear axle and chugging 80 ron. I will do Visto justice!!! :D

Please do! Rice it to the point where you could serve it with a lamb jalfrezi!
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

Dragawn

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A high tech sportscar consisting entirely of air!

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 am

Guys, meet the Dragotec Sx2500! When marketing goes horribly, horribly wrong. Originally intended to be an enthusiast's convertible, until marketing decided there has been a surge in "young women looking for a cute convertible". The engine got mercilessly debored and destroked for less fuel consumption, and worst of all, they made the styling "cute". Mercilessly, the car quickly got stigmatized as a female hairdresser's car.

<<

BlahLord

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:59 am

*You rush home from work, oh god no, you think to yourself, I can't be that late!-.. you mumble to yourself as you look at the clock hanging in the hallway. You don't take off your shoes you've been working around the whole day until you reach the living room, swiftly reaching for the remote and tuning onto CBB, luckly you make it just in time for the main review. You take off your shoes, the room instantly starts to reak. "My god", you think to yourself,"What on earth happened down there" but your thoughts stop at that moment as the Vintage Review section starts*

Welcome today we are going to be reviewing a true retro 70's car, oh the poor family that had this car, it's so boxy, suburban and depressive. From the outside it looks like a generic family limo, which it is so let's cut to the chase and check under the hood.

So, under the hood we can spot a 2.5l Inline six engine that will output about 124hp, seriously weak-.. Even looking at this pile of iron sheds tears to my eyes.

So, let's take a closer look at the car, it weights about one point two tonnes, that is really lightweight for a car it's size, the steel plates on this car must be paper thin! Oh, yeah?-.. Is that so?-.. Well-.. Just heard from the crew this car barley passed safety standards back in 1978 when it was produced-.. Didn't they use monkeys as crash dolls back in those days-.. Oh my god, the poor chimps!

Inside, ohh how unsuspected.. Six seats, a standard crappy turdy 8-Track player. An automatic gearbox AND power steering-.. This is a granny car! How could a real man even drive this thing, it must be boring as hell. This company should be sued! This is the perfect murder weapon-.. First you buy this boring-ass car and fall asleep behind the wheel, then you crash, burn and go to hell!

Also it chugs! 22 liters per 100 kilometers. I would expect triple the power out of such numbers! The dissapointment! Pretty average acceleration-.. 19 seconds for a quarter mile-.. This car drained all my will to live.

I Jebediah Carlsson, can't handle the pressure anymore..
*parks the car near a cliff, places the gear into drive, the car slowly rolls off the cliff, crashing and burning*
*Richard Hamster appears on the screen*

Looks like our beloved Jebediah is no longer.. A minute of silence
*The outro rolls without theme music, slowly being replaced with an commerical block*
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (182.87 KiB) Viewed 5575 times
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:01 am

RIP Jebediah Carlsson 1912 - 2016 :(
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:05 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! JEBEDIAH CARLSON!
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Slax

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:28 am

One more. Because FWD needs some love too!

Such plans, such failure. Originally meant to become a big climber in the world of motorsports, production and income of the 192C came to an abrupt and permanent halt after an unexpected aluminium shortage struck Lambda in early 1991.
The most common aftermarket 192C parts of today include but are not limited to improved injection setups, replacement turbos and drivetrain conversions. Lots to see, lots to do.
<<

CadillacDave

Cars: 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo 4x4

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:35 am

Noooo my poorly produced American shitbox killed Jebediah Carlsson, On the upside the car turned out to be exactly what I wanted it to be (a granny cruiser) good luck tuning this car :lol: :twisted:
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions