<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: V6 Supercar's Season 1 Reborn

OskarLGS wrote:
Packbat wrote:Wait - I'm rereading the rules, and it looks like the family capacity has to be over 5000cc and the variant capacity has to be under 5000cc. Is that correct?

I understand that the family engine can be bigger than 5000 cc but the variant must be 5000 or lower.

yes that is correct, i did that as in v8 supercars irl there is one engine that is bigger than 5L but has 5L internals =)
sorry for any of the confution about that
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:02 pm

No worries! I asked because it seemed like a really clever idea - another way to encourage people to design the engines as close to 5000cc as possible. But that might be because I am silly, and didn't think it through.

(That said, I'm pretty sure my engine is either at or close to the maximum family bore/stroke ratio anyway.)
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:53 am

I just submitted my engine entry. I had such a hard time deciding what motor to send in. I finally settled on the final prototype I built. Before I followed the naming convention it was Prototype 4 in my game, so I went through a few iterations of the motor before making my decision. I dropped both motors that were on my short list into the same car and sent them for testing on the automation and airfield tracks and they were both within hundredths of a second of each other on the clock. I'm still second guessing myself, but I think y'all will be happy with what Boss Motorsports put together.

Here's Prototype 3, which was the last competitor to the Boss Motorsports 385 V6, which was my final submission.
Attachments
V6SC Prototype 3 Stats.png
V6SC Prototype 3 Stats.png (176.03 KiB) Viewed 3965 times
V6SC-KLinardo-Boss 385 V6 - Prototype 3-6e0ee62a-5fe5-11e5-9a5d-9cd21ee789d4-1.png
V6SC-KLinardo-Boss 385 V6 - Prototype 3-6e0ee62a-5fe5-11e5-9a5d-9cd21ee789d4-1.png (1016.54 KiB) Viewed 3965 times
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

MadamVastra

Cars: Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 GS

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:33 pm

I am thinking of submitting an engine that is capable of detecting when it is being scrutinised in an official test and thence putting itself in "cheat" mode that restricts the output to 700 horses and maintains an efficiency of over 20%. In normal conditions it produces 760 HP with a 15% efficiency. I don't think it's dishonest per se, just a liberal interpretation of the regulations. In any case, who's going to know? (laughs maniacly). :D
Williams Motor Corporation of Great Britain
Marques: Hillman, WMC, Telos Automotive, Prydonian Motorsports
Taking Heritage Into The Future
Company Website: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... ompany/263
Company ID: #2005999
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:50 pm

@MadamVastra: That VW story is just getting bigger and bigger, isn't it?
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:09 pm

soooo i tried building one.

here it is with it's potential pulled out (see even then it's efficiency is still 20%+ :) )

so i pulled back a little to meet the limits of the competition. some castrating is done, the result is this

better efficiency, higher reliability, slightly lower weight, barely any drop in torque

but then i remember, high production Unit will add up to the end total cost of the car. so i tried to make the LPU-Low Production Unit Version
with almost only a third PU of the original version

it's less efficient, heavier, have quite a bit of torque drop, less reliable.
BUT.
i figured all of those negative could be offset by the money you could put in the body/trim design

BUT there's also a catch. i still haven't updated from version v150707.

i tend to skip a couple version just because my internet speed.
updating=redownloading the entire game. and redownloading the entire game means about 5-6 hours of download time, when my the connection isn't being used for something else. more when it is
im waiting for the open beta to be somewhat more stable(less bugs), before i download.

also, i'm still new. i don't even know how to export the engines/cars

is it allowed for someone to represent me in this competition? just so the engine i built could be ported to open beta version, and be submitted?
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:35 pm

The calculations are often changed between builds, so your engines may not put out the same numbers in the open beta.
How bad is your Internet? Is it still dial-up or something?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 pm

The reason I haven't made anything yet is precisely because I'm waiting for open beta to become public release. Currently it's wave after wave of bug fixing, and while I'm familiar with the changes in the mechanics, some of the tech year changes may (though a little unlikely) affect performance.

At least this is naturally aspirated, so there won't be a big change as there is with turbos (so hard to build 2000hp hypercars now ;_;)
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:20 pm

R.I.P Strop :(
I've made my engine and sent it in, and I can easily change it if need be. The changes with calculations and stuff won't be that drastic.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:47 pm

The worst part is, Microwave, that I can no longer use witchcraft to have a car go 500km/h yet also make it around Nordschleife in under 7 minutes xD (400km/h and under 7 minutes while being a class leading hypercar, however, is easily done.)

This said, that part of the track simulation needs a bit of work anyway, and I look forward to seeing what Der Bayer's modelling will bring.
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Can I do also a street version(s) of my entry? Because my 2014 sedan needs redesign, and I guess the entry car would be pretty nice convertion base to street model for my personal uses (not interrupting entry car and engine, however.)
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Oskiinus wrote:Can I do also a street version(s) of my entry? Because my 2014 sedan needs redesign, and I guess the entry car would be pretty nice convertion base to street model for my personal uses (not interrupting entry car and engine, however.)

sure, no problem

if there are calculation changes over the beta i will accept all the resubs in the world :D
<<

Oskiinus

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:06 am

UMGaming wrote:
Oskiinus wrote:Can I do also a street version(s) of my entry? Because my 2014 sedan needs redesign, and I guess the entry car would be pretty nice convertion base to street model for my personal uses (not interrupting entry car and engine, however.)

sure, no problem

if there are calculation changes over the beta i will accept all the resubs in the world :D

The only problem are fuel mileage calculations at some point, lol.
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
<<

Oskiinus

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:05 am

Hey, UM, what's the maximum engine capacity I can use on the entry? 5100cc or there are no limits?
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:08 am

As I read it, so long as the variant displacement is 5000cc or less you can go as big as you want for the family.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions