FAQ  •  Login

Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge(reviews published)

<<

asdren

Cars: BMW F20 125i M-Sport

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:30 am

Re: Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge (Open for entri

Yeah, was also going ask about the green hell points. If its calculated in seconds directly, you can ditch many scorings and just go for the sub 8min time.

Also if undercut a penalty, like hp, do i get plus points? That is at least what the formula is saying.
CEO and Founder of Revera AG
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:00 am

^well that's what im doing...
<<

Puffster

Cars: No car atm, but a kawasaki z650, 1981

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:11 am

Seeing how the green hell lap times is overpowering I will insert a maximum number of bonus points to 75 so the pure racers aren't the only eligible entries. Anyone who has submitted already are of course free to resubmit, apologies for any extra troubles this may lead to, sorry this wasn't discovered in the rules discussion.

As for undercut penalty, yes, it is possible to score points that way :D
ABR (ambitious but rubbish) Designs, freshly founded car company in 5th floor apartment, looking for more suitable workshop
Will be updated soon... ish... perhaps... hopefully
<<

Puffster

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:00 am

ABR HQ, Oslo, January 20th, 06.15 am
Weather: Sunny, -14C (6,8F)

"Well, that was quick!" I muttered to myself as I rubbed my sleepy eyes at 6am when the first car rolled in.
"Is your mom coming to visit?", Trygve said as he handed me my coffee and looked at the Bogliq Storaj. Thanking him for the coffee I punched him in the arm.
"Well, at least it's square" he laughed as he trundled back to the workshop.
Sipping the hot coffe I couldn't help but agree with him. Blue and square pretty much sums up the design. Someone gave the designer a ruler and compass and told him to draw a car it seems. Oh well, this is not a beauty pageant and while the Storaj might be boxy, that leaves plenty of room for everything you need to bring along on a roadtrip, like seven bags of clothes and piano.

My musings were interrupted when the second car rolled in, the american Storm Photon. Where the Storaj looked a bit "conservative" as ones parents might like, the Photon definitely focused their marketing on a younger group of people. With a hood scoop, lip in the front and wing in the back this hot hatch looked quite aggressive. Although there was something weird going on in the rear.
"Hey, if you take out the luggage rack and lay it on the wing you got a table" Lars said, bringing me a sandwich.
"True, but I think they had some leftover taillights from a larger car laying around, those look like they are from something bigger" I replied between bites.
"Not my first choice of rims though" Excited for what was to come, I returned to my office to sort out the forms.

To be continued...
Last edited by Puffster on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABR (ambitious but rubbish) Designs, freshly founded car company in 5th floor apartment, looking for more suitable workshop
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:20 am

Meet the 2002 Storm Photon!
Car -23.png
Car -23.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 5217 times

Got friends? We've got you covered with seating for 5.
Rough roads got you down? Our full-time AWD will pull you through.
Half a tank of gas and no cash? Not a problem for our engine.
Car -25.png
Car -25.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5217 times

So, you want a car that does more than just gets you from point a to point b? You want a car that will teach you how to drive your next car? The Photon can do that. With a 6 speed stick on the floor and a manual steering box, you'll learn the fine arts of car control. While you're learning, ABS, Traction Control, and Stability Assistance keep you from the grasp of the Grim Reaper.

But what about once you're comfortable and confident with driving? Each driving aid has a switch just under the radio. Don't want us meddling with the brakes? ABS off, and you're in full control of the braking effort. Tired of the car's inability to slide? Disable Stability Assistance and Traction Control. Gramps wants to drive the car? Turn them all back on again with a press of the buttons.
Car -24.png
Car -24.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 5217 times

With our selection of awesome colors*, you'll never lose your car in a parking lot again. Amaze your friends with your dazzlingly bright** paint color on long drives. Enjoy a CD*** while your friends yell funny things from the back seat.

With a low price, and low cost to own, the Photon is in everyone's budget. Get yours today!

*Only available in bright neon colors. Colors include Starfire Yellow, Radiant Red, Arc Blue, and Laser Lime. Car shown in Starfire Yellow.
**Reflectivity may exceed legal limits if waxed or polished.
***CD player is not skip resistant. For best results, avoid bumpy roads while CD is playing.
<<

Puffster

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:05 pm

ABR HQ, Oslo, January 20th, 10.05 pm
Weather: Don't know, it's dark, -17C (1,4F)

About time to close shop, it's been a long day at the office and Trygve comes in.
"Puffster, you should check this out, new car just arrived for the challenge", he said with a sly expression.
Energized with curiosity, I followed him outside. A hot hatch was staring at me in a colour that can best be described as military green, with clean lines and quite aggresive headlights. With a discreet wing, nice rims and a hidden exhaust it was nice, yet not especially sporty looking to appeal to the younger crowd. Yet there was something here, something i could not put my finger on. And then there was that expression Trygve had, that little quirk in the corner of his mouth.
I needed to drag it out of him apparently
"So it looks quite nice, nothing spectacular, but good lines and all that. What do you think Trygve?", I said without looking at him.
Without a word, he got in and fired it up, leaving the drivers door open
"That", I said as the engine purred to life, "is not an inline 4, my friend".
"No", he replied, still smiling, "It most definitely is not. This just got rather interesting"
As he drove it into the garage, i couldn't help but agree with him. This was definitely getting interesting....
<<

Slax

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:35 pm

It's registered. It's used. It's a mystery!
A shady character down at the docks had been seen handing these leaflets out. A picture of a car, seemingly cut from an automotive magazine, pasted onto a note with some specs on it.
"Is very good car! Big engine. Big power. You go fast. Zoom zoom! 2002 model. I give good price."

Well, someone took him up on this offer and lo and behold, it's a 2002 model Hemming. Paperwork and everything.

Is that... fish... I smell?
<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 am

What mods, if any, are we allowed to use?
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

Puffster

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:41 am

DeusExMackia wrote:What mods, if any, are we allowed to use?

All mods are allowed except .lua modding, although i would prefer if you keep to the pyrlix high quality mods so i don't have to get too many extra. If you use any outside this i would appreciate if you could add links to which ones you are using with the entry so i can add them to my client :)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:06 am

I sent a PM, at least I think I did. Did you get it?
<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:52 am

Puffster wrote:All mods are allowed except .lua modding, although i would prefer if you keep to the pyrlix high quality mods so i don't have to get too many extra. If you use any outside this i would appreciate if you could add links to which ones you are using with the entry so i can add them to my client :)

Good good, will stick to those nods then.
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:50 am

Wow it's hard to get a reliability of 75. I'm not used to upping the sliders so much on a "cheap car" so the compact I'm making is really costing a lot more than what I consider ideal. But if that's what the Norwegian market demands, that's what the Norwegian market gets ;)
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:52 am

I got 74.8 Reliability on my vehicle.

I said F*ck it, it's close enough
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

asdren

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:08 am

Yeah, was not easy, but after some quality adjustments i got to 75 Reliability.
<<

asdren

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 am

Is it the most comfortable car on the market? No.

Is it the most fuel efficient car on the market? No.

Is it the most affordable car on the market? No.

Is the most spacious car on the market? No.

Is it the fastest car around the track? Certainly not.

Is it the best off-roader on the market? Absolutely not.

Is it a car that combines all of the above like no other car, and is reliable and super fun to drive? We think so.

Head to your nearest Revera dealership and take the new 2002 Revera EC for a test-drive. It may not win stat competitions, but it will win your heart.

PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions