FAQ  •  Login

thecarlover's mods - Suburban/Avalanche now available!

<<

Felgen

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:04 am

Re: thecarlover's mods - xB/bB available - new WIP pickup!

<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:05 am

thecarlover wrote: Would also be easy to give that variant the option of a mid engine to make a supertruck.

My Lord............. So much engine bay potential. So much weight right over the drive axle. It would be a drag racing monster.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm looking at it with the thought of making mine front-engine-All-wheel-drive. But I can see mid-engine being a cool idea, and I think it'd be an interesting challenge, to go into a drag-racing duel with pickup trucks, with some being front engine, some being mid engine, some turning the rear wheels, and some turning all of them, and see which ones are the fastest.

Plus, I've been looking at the size of the engines that typically go in a truck like that, and I've got the biggest grin on my face. If that thing can bulge those rear fenders out wide enough, I could put all the power of some of my most powerful engines to the ground, including some that have been... difficult, shall we say... to put into a vehicle.
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Madrias wrote: I could put all the power of some of my most powerful engines to the ground, including some that have been... difficult, shall we say... to put into a vehicle.

3300+ HP Twin Turbo 10.8L V8?
Boss Motorsports
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Madrias wrote:I'm looking at it with the thought of making mine front-engine-All-wheel-drive. But I can see mid-engine being a cool idea, and I think it'd be an interesting challenge, to go into a drag-racing duel with pickup trucks, with some being front engine, some being mid engine, some turning the rear wheels, and some turning all of them, and see which ones are the fastest.

Plus, I've been looking at the size of the engines that typically go in a truck like that, and I've got the biggest grin on my face. If that thing can bulge those rear fenders out wide enough, I could put all the power of some of my most powerful engines to the ground, including some that have been... difficult, shall we say... to put into a vehicle.

I can't guarantee the size of the engine bay, it might not be much different than the existing pickup. As for the fenders, the Dodge Ram design can work well with bulging out and I was planning from the start to have them bulge out to the point of looking like a dually. The front fenders will likely have the possibility of going just as wide.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

Madrias

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:35 pm

KLinardo wrote:
Madrias wrote: I could put all the power of some of my most powerful engines to the ground, including some that have been... difficult, shall we say... to put into a vehicle.

3300+ HP Twin Turbo 10.8L V8?

Yep. 3300+ HP, twin-turbo 10.8L Flatplane V8. Completely useless under most situations, but amusing to build one once in a while.

thecarlover wrote:
Madrias wrote:I'm looking at it with the thought of making mine front-engine-All-wheel-drive. But I can see mid-engine being a cool idea, and I think it'd be an interesting challenge, to go into a drag-racing duel with pickup trucks, with some being front engine, some being mid engine, some turning the rear wheels, and some turning all of them, and see which ones are the fastest.

I can't guarantee the size of the engine bay, it might not be much different than the existing pickup. As for the fenders, the Dodge Ram design can work well with bulging out and I was planning from the start to have them bulge out to the point of looking like a dually. The front fenders will likely have the possibility of going just as wide.

Dually fenders would be awesome. As for the engine bay, I understand. The existing pickup has a good size one, and I can work with it. Not sure how big of an engine I can cram into it, but I know I can make something quite amusingly powerful. The problems I've always had is putting 4-digit horsepower numbers to the road without burning the tires in 5 of my 6 forward gears. Dually fenders with dually-sized single rear tires would be amusing for making sport-trucks.
<<

thecarlover

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:54 pm

It's limited on tire size since the fenders can't be morphed, but my Continental model can take a 15L+ V12 engine with room to spare. It's only limited in height, so while you can make out the size, adding the carburrettor makes it too big. It's still possible to get over 1000 hp in there in the 1960s and get ridiculous market stats:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227&start=30#p89277
Even weighing over 3 tonnes that engine will take it from 0-100 in 10.1 seconds and go up to 314.5 km/h.

<<

Madrias

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Oh, I know, I've been making quite a few designs with that car body, just because it's one of the few that comfortably holds a large V12.
<<

partario

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1998 Ford Focus

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:25 pm

Just played around with the brick-shaped compact and it's great.

One thing popped in my mind; would it be possible to make a long wheelbase version of it? It would make a great base for a large crossover/wagon like the Ford Flex.
<<

thecarlover

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:30 pm

partario wrote:Just played around with the brick-shaped compact and it's great.

One thing popped in my mind; would it be possible to make a long wheelbase version of it? It would make a great base for a large crossover/wagon like the Ford Flex.

Hmm, that's a good idea. I could do that after the pickup and kei-sized version. I'm unfortunately still having issues with 3ds Max taking hours to launch (or not launching at all), even after reinstalling/updating anything that might be linked, so things are stuck on hold until that can be resolved. Though if anyone has any suggestions for what I can do, that'd be great. Seems the licensing program or communication or whatever is holding everything up for some reason.

<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:07 am

Please, make this body!

This is the new Kia Sedona (Carnival in Europe).
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:53 am

How's development?
Boss Motorsports
<<

thecarlover

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:03 am

KLinardo wrote:How's development?

I still can't get 3ds Max working. I need to dual-boot Windows 7 on my new computer to have any chance of getting it to work, since it's not yet supported on Windows 10 and there's nothing Autodesk can do about the launch issues.

<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:23 am

That's one of the reasons why I won't switch to Windows 10. Offering it for free makes me weary especially since I bought my computer to specifically have Windows 7.
Boss Motorsports
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:23 am

It's odd you're having those issues with win 10.
I've got some issues with it but 3dsmax isn't one of them :?
PreviousNext

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum