FAQ  •  Login

Sonoma Raceway

<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:28 am

Sonoma Raceway

All the way from Sonoma, California, USA, Sonoma Raceway has arrived in Automation! This is a fun track at under 2 minutes with lots of curves to get your gForce on. Enjoy!

SonomaRaceway.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 359 times

Here is the in-game track:

And, as always, the obligatory Automation Track Editor view:

**NOTE: While it is possible (if you add it) to run a flying lap on this track (the sectors are marked for it already), the angles just aren't quite right and it will look peculiar on the 2nd lap. I tried and tried, but couldn't get happy with it so I'm not releasing the flying lap. (I think the exit angle of the last curve onto the straight is being fussy) **
<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Scion FR-S

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Sonoma Raceway

Thanks for this! I grew up near Sears Point, driven down the drag strip a bunch of times and once got a ride around the track in a Cobra R. Haven't driven the circuit myself yet, but it's on my to-do list.
<<

eecer

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 87 Chevy Suburban, and hopefully a 70 Plymouth Cuda one day.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:53 pm

This is awesome! I live in Sonoma County and am stoked to see this here. Thanks a ton!
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Aliraza149 wrote:Fun track! But, the track image has to be .PNG. Yours is .JPG. Track didn't show up in my game until I changed it. It's quite a fast track at 1.8km. Try making the track with shorter segments and adjust the scale to make it longer. The track in GB should be 4023m, so a scale of something closer to 10/10 would work this part out and lengthen your track out to a proper length. As for getting off track, I think your scale will also help you fix that too. I still like it like this though! :)

Huh? Everything I can find on Sonoma says it is 2.52 miles (4.055m). Mine is a tad short at 2.49 miles (4012m). The image I just downloaded was PNG, so not sure how you got JPG in yours.
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Was spambot - Search&Destroy.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say this track is a personal favorite. It has been really fun watching the competitors of my series run it. Great job, keep it up! :D
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60

Return to Test Track Sharing Forum