Ringmasters league

<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Ringmasters league

In the traditional Centauri low tech method, here is a competitor for the sports car class. coming in at 7:46.65 using a pushrod v8, it's a bit behind the Prometheus but with higher standard features. Ignore the uninspired name I saved it as, please welcome the "Centauri Juggernaut"
Attachments
engine.jpg
engine.jpg (401.19 KiB) Viewed 5699 times
interior.jpg
interior.jpg (333.53 KiB) Viewed 5699 times
time.jpg
time.jpg (380.06 KiB) Viewed 5699 times
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Pushrod :shock: Surely Centauri is the master of this technology with results like that!

The asterisk next to my madmobile was bothering me, so I decided I'd release a Ringmasters Spec version of the Crusader. As promised, it makes about 950hp instead of that magical 1000, but the engine efficiency is now exactly 20.00%, and everything else pretty much remains the same in the engine (if I must, I'll add a screenshot). At the same time, I've stripped down the interior, replaced the Bluetooth and all that higgeldypiggeldy with just the most basic of consoles, and the rest of the weight went into a nice rollcage. The mileage improves to a very healthy (lol) 17l/100km (not unlike the fuel consumption of an Aventador, for example), and took the opportunity to retweak the suspension, so that the overall package goes around the 'ring just as quickly as the original 1000hp superbarge:

NordCrusader.png
NordCrusader.png (734.4 KiB) Viewed 5694 times

Therefore this car is (for now) the fastest car around the 'ring that complies with all the rules of this leaderboard :P
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:12 pm

A few tweaks puts the lightened Juggernut S right on strop's heels!
Attachments
time2.jpg
time2.jpg (379.09 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
interior2.jpg
interior2.jpg (320.93 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
engine2.jpg
engine2.jpg (378.96 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Hate to double post so soon but there's no replacement for displacement, lowered the redline and stroked the engine out another half liter to 10.6, dropping this new motor into the juggernaut S gives us a new leader!
Attachments
snug.jpg
Looking nice and snug in the frame
snug.jpg (338.02 KiB) Viewed 5682 times
time3.jpg
time3.jpg (378.83 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
engine3.jpg
engine3.jpg (381.85 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

Manche

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none.... sadly

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 am

someone is using big pushrod engines as their weapon.. nice.. I thought I was going to be the only one
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 am

Very nice, I'll have to see and raise now! Perhaps its time to port the engine to a lighter frame with awd... Then you'll see what team GG is capable of muahahahaha :lol:
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:14 am

As a fun note there's only about 70 kilos between my engine weight and my platform weight :)
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:38 am

LOL the real meaning of more engine than car :P
<<

UMM

Cars: Honda Civic Del Sol 1.6 Vtec
Chevrolet Sonic 1.4
Ford Cougar 2.0

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Here its my cars time on green hell:

And the engine:

Let me know if you need anymore data :)

The car on the screenshots isnt named yet, but its the UMM Alter SV and its a street car.
UMM Leading the future!

UMM Corp.
UMM Motors Division
<<

Manche

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none.... sadly

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Leaderboard update soon
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Sorry for the wait guys, I had a couple of submissions I was preparing to buff up the leaderboard, based on some rather liberal interpretations of existing cars. I suspect there'll be no prizes guessing which cars I've based them on:

First up, the Interceptor. The Crusader-E engine (the 1000hp beast which took a bit of a retune to get to 20% economy, so now it only puts out 950hp) was transplanted from the nostalgia madmobile, and placed in an aluminium frame polymer shell which essentially became an AWD version of America's favourite plastic car :P

Interceptor.png
Interceptor.png (925.41 KiB) Viewed 5630 times

Like the engine, it's big and heavy, which comes as no surprise as this is all about muscle. But like the modern iterations of muscle, they all seem to be aiming to straddle this weird territory between sporty and accessible... with a whole range of track versions that aim to make them that bit more sporty than accessible, if the Z/28 is anything to go by (also what, 305mm wide front wheels? Really???)

So that's what I built here: a track spec moderately priced modern muscle car that goes like stink and nevermind the rubber, only yes there's the full complement of driving aids so your average office worker with a mid-life crisis can hustle this around the track without accidentally turning into a 1700kg ballistic missle. As evidence of this, you'll note that it is more tame than sporty, though with both values into the 60s, it's both fast AND not difficult to drive:

Interceptor2.png
Interceptor2.png (934.02 KiB) Viewed 5630 times

Sorry for the ugly rear... the lips aren't exactly supposed to be used like wings and emulating the rear on the Z06, which was what I was aiming for, proved to be difficult.

Entertainment was left at basic, and safety is set to premium 00s. The downside of all this performance and weight is that even with an efficiency of exactly 20%, the car's mileage is still horrendous. Anyway, I did promise that I'd make a tilt at the top of the leaderboard (or did I...) so, here it is:

NordInterceptor.png
NordInterceptor.png (701.76 KiB) Viewed 5630 times

Finally realising what the values in the suspension tuning actually corresponded to, I set the suspension to something approaching what it'd be in real life on a 1700kg track-oriented car: rather firm. As a result, while the balance is pretty good, I know for a fact that within the bounds of the simulation there's a spare second, but it requires having the front sway bars set to about 1600 which just doesn't seem right... so we'll just stick with a time of 4:39.35.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Now for the other thing I was working on, something that would accompany Dragawn's 6 cylinder sports cars on the leaderboard. I've elected to submit something slower and closer to the original model it was based on, as opposed to the maximum tune, for reasons I'll explain later.

That said, here's the Super GT:

Super GT2.png
Super GT2.png (808.41 KiB) Viewed 5630 times

Again, what this car is based on should be easy... the tail light array is a dead giveaway. Also the fact I had to add vents to make the rear look like it had a widebody kit strapped on, as the original Supra has a tapered rear that sits over a fat base. As you can see, the stats suggest this car is basically an inexpensive Japanese sports car... with perhaps a bit too much boost to be entirely stock.

Sadly there's no V6 available yet, so I decided we'll just have to use an i6, but it'll be turbo, and 3000cc, similar to (one of the versions of) the original.

SuperGTEngine.png
SuperGTEngine.png (833.99 KiB) Viewed 5630 times

Since I set the tech year to 2014, we can call this a reinterpretation, besides, this way I'm able to put on a high flow 3 way cat converter that allows for a fantastic emissions rating. The turbo is also somewhat larger and more boosty than you'd find on the original stock car.

On an AHS steel frame with polymer skin, the overall result is a decently sporty car that would seem fun, if a little tweaky, to take around the track:

Super GT.png
Super GT.png (981.4 KiB) Viewed 5630 times

(time will be posted in the continuation next post)
Last edited by strop on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Here's the time, which is not bad for a RWD moderately tuned Japanese sports car:

NordSuperGT.png
NordSuperGT.png (703.14 KiB) Viewed 5630 times

By way of experimentation, I did take a leaf out of Dragawn's book and tweaked the engine to become a 3.6L turbo i6 with super cheap DI that put out 750hp, and coupled it to a 7 speed AWD, to put out a car that did the 'ring in 7:44.52... but since Dragawn did it first (and better), and all this would be doing is essentially copying it, I've decided not to submit it as it doesn't seem in the spirit of this leaderboard.
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:27 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine#2JZ-GTE

This is a 3 liter engine, so I don't know what you are talking about. The engine you have created is the way most tuned Supras have them, not double but singel turbo.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:38 pm

It took me reading your post three times to figure out what the issue was. At first I thought you were talking about the turbo, but that's clearly not it, it's the fact that as I originally thought, the 2JZ is a 3 liter engine.

So I don't know why I got confused... I must have misread the very same Wikipedia article you linked to when I was going back to check things (because as I mentioned, I'm no expert on Supra engines).

...I'm just going to edit my previous post in an attempt to pretend that this confusion never happened :P
PreviousNext

Return to Test Track Sharing Forum