FAQ  •  Login

2016 Automation Chicago Auto Show [Results]

<<

rcracer11m

Cars: oldsmobile alero

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: 2016 Automation Chicago Auto Show (13.02 - 21.02)

After arriving later than expected Mott Works is finally starting to fill the gap that had been left on the show floor.
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:34 pm

The 2016 Solo Diamond Emerald is very good looking. Nice to see a supercar that is actually elegant and beautiful and without excess - certainly a different approach from my company's latest supercar...

Also, the adventures of reporter Barney make for really funny reading. Last night my wife wondered what the heck I was doing on my computer as I was laughing out loud so much :)

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:46 am

Here is another unveiling from Solo Motors Co.

ABR has an ongoing design competition, and the Quicksilver Luxury concept just might become one of their future models! Due to the competition still being ongoing, there is not much we can reveal about this car. It was designed by the Solo designers, the interior is luxuriously appointed, and it's powered by a naturally aspirated versions of the 4.5L V8 found in the recently unveiled Diamond Emerald. 0-100 is under 5 seconds, top speed is over 300, and weight distribution is a hair from 50/50. We estimate that should it make it to production, it will be available for under $60,000.

Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Just saying - Show is closing on 21st at 20:00 CST :)
More reviews to come after I get some sleep.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:06 pm

in a corner of the show that isn't seeing many people, galt has yet another vehicle on display, this time, it's a '99 Kyaria, but it's no normal one. With the idea from the V12 concept of '99, some wealthy guy got a V12 custom built for the van, and galt was kind enough to have his van at the show. the van is respectively named Kyaria, Zero Fucks Given edition.
and on a monitor, there is a video playing of it's lap around the airfield track: https://youtu.be/zGhQMD_UQpc
and the guy is also asked by someone to turn it on, they start it up but don't run it for too long just because of how loud it was: https://youtu.be/_I_rl7p9eEM
sorry to keep posting everywhere, i got bit by the creativity bug.
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:15 am

squidhead wrote:Just saying - Show is closing on 21st at 20:00 CST :)
More reviews to come after I get some sleep.

By the way @Squidhead, is there any chance you could make some kind of a badge to put in our signatures? There could be 'best in show', 'runner up'...'participation' etc...
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

squidhead

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:37 am

I'll try :)
<<

squidhead

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:17 am

Re: 2016 Automation Chicago Auto Show [NOW VOTING]

Ok, guys. It's 2 hours before show closure, and it's way over midnight here, so I'm sorry if somebody wished to come in with a very late, borderline over deadline entry. But I'm making a poll, I need some sleep soon. You can find it in the first post, you can vote for whomever, even yourself, but that's cheap and weak. Winner will receive a photoshopie and a Medal from Barney Johnathan Bacon himself... also winning car MIGHT get a review, I'm not sure about it yet.

Also here's another link to poll

http://poll.pollcode.com/15981792
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 am

Because I am a good person I will not vote for myself. Also, it was me running around like a crazy person but it was not entirely my fault. I think someone is secretly giving me lots and lots of LSD. Not the differential unfortunately. :lol: I got everything under control. ;)

EDIT: I think it's Donald Trump.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Nissan Note

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:56 am

Only a best in show? Fuck that with consent, but of course only one of the hypercar manufacturers will win that.
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

squidhead

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:18 pm

I'm fairly certain if somebody were to present an outrageously cool design for a car that chugs 1l/100km or less, that would also get a ton of attention.
Regular displays at a car show bring customers, hypercar and racecar displays wow the public and get a ton more attention from the media, even if they're just one-offs or concept cars never to be made. That's the way it is.
<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:33 pm

squidhead wrote:I'm fairly certain if somebody were to present an outrageously cool design for a car that chugs 1l/100km or less, that would also get a ton of attention.
Regular displays at a car show bring customers, hypercar and racecar displays wow the public and get a ton more attention from the media, even if they're just one-offs or concept cars never to be made. That's the way it is.

Fuck hypercars. Be creative and make up some outlandish awards for the cars that REALLY matter.
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Awildgermanappears wrote:
squidhead wrote:I'm fairly certain if somebody were to present an outrageously cool design for a car that chugs 1l/100km or less, that would also get a ton of attention.

Fuck hypercars. Be creative and make up some outlandish awards for the cars that REALLY matter.

I can see both points. However, I believe when judging a designer, it's design that counts, not on which platform it's applied. Honestly though, many people have supercar dreams and those people will use Automation to fulfill those dreams - that's why we see so many "uber cars". If you don't like it, be the change :)

But fuck hypercars? Come on! What cars do kids put posters of on their walls? Beetles and hybrid Toyotas? There's always value in being cool and the world NEEDS hypercars!

As for voting for myself - I couldn't live with myself if I did that.

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:09 pm

well hey, i'm sure some kids out there with econut parents have a prius poster, but yeah, i mean i suppose my V12 minivan was unique, but far from enough to win over anyone's vote, my prediction for the winner really does go to a hypercar of some sort
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:36 pm

TurboJ wrote:I can see both points. However, I believe when judging a designer, it's design that counts, not on which platform it's applied. Honestly though, many people have supercar dreams and those people will use Automation to fulfill those dreams - that's why we see so many "uber cars". If you don't like it, be the change :)

But fuck hypercars? Come on! What cars do kids put posters of on their walls? Beetles and hybrid Toyotas? There's always value in being cool and the world NEEDS hypercars!

As for voting for myself - I couldn't live with myself if I did that.

Quality alone does not make a change, quantity does.

Regarding posters, I used to have one of a Peugeot 605 at some point. As to why someone printed a poster of a mid-90s Peugeot I don't know.

I still firmly believe that Hypercars are a cancer that must be fought. They work as an aspirational target for young people, however eventually 90% of all people will realize that no matter how hard they work they'll never get to drive let alone own one, and this let down can cause severe loss of self confidence and depression. Blinded by the gloss of exposed carbon fiber engine bits they forget that only a third-owner 1995 Erin Visto can deliver true motoring joy. And once they realize that it is already too late.
I am totally not making any of this up.
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum