FAQ  •  Login

Soltra (Shutdown)

<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 am

Re: Soltra

UMGaming wrote:(hungy)
Teaser for my next car.
Credit to Razyx for making this for me.

Razyx is quite talented isn't he?
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:47 am

cpufreak101 wrote:Razyx is quite talented isn't he?

I completely agree whith this statement.
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Re: Soltra - New Car Released - Devation

I present to you the 2nd Soltra flagship, the Devation!
Soltra's purebred Hypercar.
ImageImageImageImage
Again feedback is encourged and again credit to Razyx for the pics and stats
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Quick update, new car will be posted when the V12 update is out.
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:53 am

Look I know that I have been inactive on this forum lately so heres a little preview of what Im working on:

BTW this will have a 11K RPM limit or I will not post it! :D
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:15 am

I'm very much looking forward to this, and to seeing what kind of times it puts out!
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Here it is the all new Soltra Espation (Es-pa-tion)
(This is set in early 2016 not 2015) A couple weeks ago (Not literally) we released a teaser of the car and that got a company very, very interested. This company is a company that I would consider a master at making cars fast and insane. This company is the one and only Gryphon Gear! So because of GG's interest I held a company meeting and it was decided that we would offer GG the opportunity to tune the Espation. To Soltra Surprize GG accepted the offer the very next day so we got the nearest Soltra factory to GG's HQ to build and send the latest prototype straight to the front door of GG's HQ. We received word 3 weeks later saying that It was done. We told GG to send it and everyone that worked on the car to the one and only Green Hell. It was the day, the day that we found out how fast the car has gotten. We hooked up cameras all over the car and sent live footage to Soltra facilities all over the world. Once we received word that the footage was working we gave the thumbs up to GG's test driver to start the car and go whenever they were ready. It was go time, the car purred out of the pitlane and waited at the startline for a standing start. The Espation crossed the finishline and it did a lap of 6:59.81! I formally thanked GG for all of their work and asked if they can send us everything that we needed to make this a production car.

That was a long plot write up now time for the stats:
The chassis is a mix of aluminium and carbon fibre making the car very light with the final weight being just under 1200kgs. The power comes from a 3.8L V12 that produce's 636 hp and 521 Nm of torque. This has been achieved by heavily modified race intakes and headers to make them road legal while still producing a good amount of hp. The redline of the engine is a stunning 11K rpm making this car sound every bit amazing. The car will be sold for $360k which is stunningly cheap considering it does a Sub 7 minute lap time round Green Hell.

Please comment below saying what you like and dislike about the car and remember that feedback is welcome here.
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:51 am

Sweet Mother of Strop, this rear is beautiful. I guess performance stats are beautiful too.
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:11 am

I am not entirely sure how to feel about the epithet 'Sweet Mother of Strop' xD I'm going to go with 'awkward'... could I kindly request we keep my mother out of this :lol:

On a more serious note, we knew we were in for a bit of a challenge when we saw the brief that emphasised in no uncertain terms that the small V12 had to maintain a redline of 11000rpm. Certainly by our estimations, an absolute minimum of 500bhp:tonne would be required to build a car to our standards, i.e. matching hypercar performance on the track, so we set about both improving the airflow into and out of the engine, as well as putting the already quite light Espation on a crash diet. Unfortunately using race intakes meant taking a hit to reliability, but the improved weight, plus the extra power at the top end was crucial to our aims. Much of the work after this was a matter of intensive tuning and testing, tuning and testing, because we wanted this to remain true to the original vision and deliver a drive that was both visceral and tight. I'd like to think we've achieved those aims here, besides, just listen to it go!
<<

Oskiinus

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:24 am

strop wrote:I am not entirely sure how to feel about the epithet 'Sweet Mother of Strop' xD I'm going to go with 'awkward'... could I kindly request we keep my mother out of this :lol:

On a more serious note, we knew we were in for a bit of a challenge when we saw the brief that emphasised in no uncertain terms that the small V12 had to maintain a redline of 11000rpm. Certainly by our estimations, an absolute minimum of 500bhp:tonne would be required to build a car to our standards, i.e. matching hypercar performance on the track, so we set about both improving the airflow into and out of the engine, as well as putting the already quite light Espation on a crash diet. Unfortunately using race intakes meant taking a hit to reliability, but the improved weight, plus the extra power at the top end was crucial to our aims. Much of the work after this was a matter of intensive tuning and testing, tuning and testing, because we wanted this to remain true to the original vision and deliver a drive that was both visceral and tight. I'd like to think we've achieved those aims here, besides, just listen to it go!

This "Mother of Strop" was referring to "Mother of God" meme. Sorry for offending :< And yes, you can.
Did I say that this car looks great from the rear?
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:54 am

Yes you did, thanks for the great feedback. :D
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Oskiinus wrote:This "Mother of Strop" was referring to "Mother of God" meme. Sorry for offending :<

Don't worry, I wasn't offended, but it did feel a bit awkward! Okay that's probably not making you feel any better LOL.

I'm not going to reveal any details yet, but I can say that Gryphon Gear hopes to continue partnering with Soltra for a project that may very well create a new niche market... one that epitomises madness.
<<

Oskiinus

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:44 am

So, market for those who want landrockets just for pure madness? Something that's not very for me, because I can't create completely wild car (I always put something civilian or make it eventually suitable for street convertion, look F15 Patricia ;p)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:52 am

Well... the landrockets for pure madness niche is already quite alive. But the choice of drivetrain... Also, Gryphon Gear has already proven itself when it comes to bringing the F-AWD and FR cars into the hypercar world alongside the MR and M-AWD. We just happened to have the same idea to, say, make something completely counter-intuitive.
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1983 Chevy S10 2.8

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:02 am

Hey. There's exactly nothing wrong with a landrocket of Pure Madness. If my test drivers aren't killed push boundaries that mortal men were never meant to push ... then what's the point?

First Gen / Second Gen / Next Gen
Current holder the Automation land speed record @ 447.9 MPH
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum