FAQ  •  Login

Kraft Haus Technik [1984 KHT Nemesis]

<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:19 am

Re: Kraft Haus Technik [1966 Brooklands]

Sure, go ahead. Also you should have a separate thread where you post cars that are in your museum :) Pics and everything, and why you put those in the museum, maybe some history on that specific car that's in the museum etc etc
<<

NormanVauxhall

Assistant Lead Beta Tester
Assistant Lead Beta Tester

Cars: 2002 Mazda Mx-5 1.6l NBFL
2008 Toyota Prius
1971 Fiat 500 L

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:49 am

Great photoshop work there! I should really ask you do to something for Automationeer... oh... wait... :P
ŽM-Automobili Group
Born by the fusion of Blue Marlin Motori Auto and Žnoprešk Avto in 1972.
BMMS Dolphine Mk.II and Žnoprešk Zest (1974)
Žnoprešk Z217 (1963)
Žnoprešk Zap! (1981)
<<

squidhead

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:06 am

NormanVauxhall wrote:Great photoshop work there! I should really ask you do to something for Automationeer... oh... wait... :P

Yeah you really should... 8-) :P
<<

squidhead

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:14 am

2016 Diabolica

In late October 2016, as AMWEC 16 season was slowly coming to an end Kraft Haus Technik and Gryphon Gear finally revealed the Diabolica. Based off a Sepang chassis with a number of additions and revisions, and not even pretending to be eligible for any racing series, the machine was built with one guideline only - it should be fast. The nature of the collaboration between two rivaling companies was also revealed. As an experience exchange program KHT allowed GG access to a wide array of contacts and facilities and man power, while GG provided the know-how, expertise and a new perspective on how more speed can be achieved. The exercise was beneficial to both parties, but instead of tedious seminars, the approach chosen was building a joint project.

The result is a carbon fibre chassis covered in carbon fiber body, with active aerodynamics, suspension and cooling. Powered by a GG tuned v8f series twinturbocharged 6.3 liter engine producing 1238hp, and weighing exactly the same. Run from 0-100km/h is dealt with in 2.6 seconds, aided by the launch control courtesy of Gryphon Gear bespoke management system, crafted by Waxwell. Top speed of 372 kph, which is reached in just under a mile of straight line acceleration. Keeping things planted is the new pushrod suspension, not available to the original Sepang chassis, set up on Nordschleife, Bathurst and Spa Franchorchamps, and should things get too fast - upgraded AP1 spec carbon brakes put things to a halt and making many unprepared people in need of a paper bag. The new body is a work of the Kraft Haus Technik design team, as well as all the hydraulic systems, chassis and interior. 6 speed double clutch sequential transmission is an outsourced bespoke unit. Most of the interior is also naked carbon fibre, includes racing bucket seats, an AP1 spec steering wheel and instrument cluster. Unlike the racing cars this derived from, the Diabolica spots a basic in car entertainment system, created by Gryphon Gears's ICE designer Boden.

At the presentation of the car motoring journalists were once again given the chance to be driven around the track by KHT and GG test drivers Miles Phillips and Kai Kristensen. The two, however got competitive in the process, trying to one-up each other, as Nurburgring GP (where the presentation was held) times tumbled. A few days after the presentation the car has been given a proper battle christening, as Kai took the car around the Nordschleife scoring a 6:36.48, smashing the record for the production derived cars, taking the crown away from the Zonda R. Weeks after than, Kraft Haus test pilot Phillips went on to set an unofficial dunsfold lap time of 1:05,33. Through out the next couple of months, the car was sent to various tracks, setting laptimes.

Disappointing to the richest petrolheads of the world, the car is a one off, and was never meant to be produced to be sold to the public. Few motoring journalists were allowed to drive it, as well as a few racing drivers in promotional campaigns. Of which most notable are Jay Leno, Chris Harris, Jeremy Clarkson, Sebastian Vettel, David Coulthard and a few more. Despite the best efforts from Pastor Maldonado's manager, he was not given the option to drive the car, which resulted in a tweet war, but that is another story.

Lap times of the Diabolica

Nordschleife - 6:36.48
Spa Franchorchamps - 2:34.35
Dunsfold - 1:05.33
Tsukuba - 54.22
Imola - 1:39.69

Credit to Strop for engine, cahssis and supension tune, as well as these awesome photoshops. Gryphon Gear can be found right here link
<<

Starfish94

Cars: Am a car salesman , drive anything which is available to get me home.

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:44 am

Re: Kraft Haus Technik [2016 KHT / GG Diabolica reveal]

Maybe you could bulit a road legal version and sold it to public. That would be interesting.
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:48 am

How many were build? Because... it will be a shame... if something bad happened... to the car...
<<

squidhead

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:56 am

Starfish94 wrote:Maybe you could bulit a road legal version and sold it to public. That would be interesting.

This would require all the v8f engines to go through special tratments, assembly lines to be modified, outsourcing a large scale CF body and chassis contract, striking a deal with a major tire manufacturer to make tires to spec, outsource gearboxes, mass produce the electronics and the newly implemented hydraulics. As a result, I believe we would lose money on each one we sell.

Sillyworld wrote:How many were build? Because... it will be a shame... if something bad happened... to the car...

The one in the picture is chassi #001, the last chassis of the Diabolica series? :D
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Oh neat, imgur actually hosts it full size. I would encourage everybody who has the connection for it to do so, I literally painted the carbon-weave and its varying grain on, and it was a PITA :D

(Fullsize was originally 2560pp but that would have been excessive for most except, say, Lordred).

I am loving the details of this writeup, like barring Maldonado from driving the car. Twitter wars are something our company gets pulled into a bit too frequently :P
<<

squidhead

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:39 am

Re: Kraft Haus Technik [1957 Monaco Roadster + company hist

1968 Pescara
Based on a 1968 Znopersk Z312 by NormanVauxhall

As 1968 Znopersk Z300 series ( Link ) facelift hit the market, Kraft Haus Technic marketing department, led by Viktor Kruger instantly saw potential in the unexploited market niche. At $9800 you could have a 1.2 liter i4 version or you could opt for the 2.5 v6 corsa, which was marginally more expensive at $16100. With no middle ground between the two, Kraft Haus Technik has quickly designed an upgrade for the base Z312 version, naming it Pescara, after a historic Italian GP circuit.

The design of the car was mostly left as original, only the front grille was changed to allow more airflow, extra cooling vents in the front and back, a lip and a small spoiler finishing the look of the car. The rear engined rear drive car got more efficient modifications under the skin. Wheels were replaced to wider ones, wrapped in medium compound sportier tires, now sporting 205mm rear and 165mm fronts. Brakes were upgraded with sportier brake pads, leaving the drums in place. A slightly stiffer springs and shocks, working together with new antiroll bars helped the handling gain more sportiness and composure compared to the original car, gearbox was left a standard 4 speed unit, now sporting a new clutch, to take more load.

The engine is where most of the engineering happened. First to go was the tiny restrictive eco carburettor, replaced by a 4 barrel unit and a performance intake. The camshaft gained a more aggressive profile, timing and fuelling were also changed, finished off with a RPM redline raised to 6000rpm. Ported and polished head, worked well with a thinner head gasket allowing for a small compression ratio raise, and a better flowing exhaust system was fitted for a bit of a rumble and to free yet more power from the tiny engine.

The Pescara was never sold as a complete car, rather like with the Communitasia, Z312 owners had to leave their cars for 2 weeks at Kraft Haus Technik. KHT also could ship all the needed parts and modification information to any European country so people outside Germany could take their car to a reputable garage and perform modifications on their own. In that case, however, Kraft Haus Technik did not supply the warranty to the finished car. The modifications raised a total cost of a 312 series to 12000, which was still $4000 cheaper than the extreme 2.5 Corsa, and still retained it's 4 door body, for all your daily needs.

Stats

0-100kph
Before - 19.7 / After - 13.6

Top Speed
Before - 133 / After - 151

Weight
Before - 894 / After - 923

Max G
Before - 0.78 / After - 0.96

Lap Time
Before - 3:15.10 / After - 2:56.61

Engine

Max power
Before - 47hp/ After - 77hp

Max torque
Before - 88nm / After - 103nm

Responsiveness
Before - 8.1 / After - 25.7

Loudness
Before - 35 / After - 51.3

Smoothness
Before - 54.6 / After - 52.2

Reliability
Before - 48.3 / After - 47.3

Misc

Comfort
Before - 20 / After - 15.1

Driveability
Before - 43.7 / After - 39.9

Sportiness
Before - 3.3 / After - 16.1

Economy
Before - 10l / 100km / After - 12l / 100km
<<

DeusExMackia

Cars: '04 Seat Arosa 1.0 S

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:51 am

Re: Kraft Haus Technik [1968 Pescara (Znopersk Z312) ]

Honestly, the effort you put into your pictures is worthy of its own award. The detail is fantastic, and your cars look so good. I can't get enough of the Sepang, c'est tres bien!
ImageImageImageImage
Company ID: 1959771

The Great Automation Badge Grid - Get your company on the grid

"Spending warm summer days indoors, writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg"
<<

squidhead

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:46 am

THANKS! :D I just think cars on the same backdrop using regular in game wheels get boring too fast, that's why I started doing this :)
<<

CadillacDave

Cars: 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo 4x4

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:57 am

I really wish I had the skill to edit pictures like that (or the patience :lol: ) Love the car as well
<<

squidhead

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:53 am

1968 Mulsanne prototype

Looking at the surprising success of Brooklands road going version, which was brought on by a mix of a much desired sportscar by the population and it's moderate success in BRC 1966 Kraft Haus Technik saw an opportunity to capitalize on that philosophy. A racing chassis was built, utilizing much of Brookland's technology. A steel monocoque chassis now featured double wishbone suspension in the front and a MacPherson strut in the back to make more room in the engine compartment. The same v8 pushrod 5 liter engine that was featured in the BRC spec Brooklands found it's way into the back of the Mulsanne prototype, now mounted longitudaly, instead of transversely. The body was an all aluminium job, with the design being the final work of Kraft Haus Techniks' designer Ralf Hoch was completed with the help of his protege Marco Noto, who took over the KHT design team in late 1967.

The 1968 prototype was first built as a potent race car, with all the fine-tuning done on the track, before toning it all down to the street version, which was scheduled to be launched a few years later, as Brooklands' sales were still good, and introducing a rival product to it's own successful one was not a good idea. The BRC spec engine was allowed a better flowing intake and a better flowing exhaust, which were used to restrict the power down to comply with the BRC reglament, now boasting 290hp instead of 260. a 5 speed transmission received different gearing, and a contract with Avon tires was arranged to produce 255mm wide tires for the car. This required flared wheel arches, which were bolted on after finding out that tires will not fit the originally designed body. 0-100km took just 5.1 seconds, and top speed was reaching 270kph, proving a much faster alternative to the road going Brooklands. Eventually only 3 Mulsanne prototypes were built, which differed quite a lot from the production version yet to come.

By 1969 a problem with the engine contract arised, as communitasia parts became rarer and rarer, and the manufacturer was slowly forsaking their cheap car and taking parts off the market to make room for other machinery. This was quite a bit of a shock to KHT who were accustomed to order cheap communitasia engine blocks and assembling v8's out of 2 of those. Before Mulsanne could see the public roads a new engine supplier had to be found.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Kraft Haus Technik [1968 Mulsanne prototype]

you seem to really like the communitasia, don't ya, and i'm amazed you got the storyline quite correct, as i would've taken it off the market around then, seeing as such, replacement to the communitasia, coming soon :)
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

squidhead

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:15 am

Re: Kraft Haus Technik [1968 Mulsanne prototype]

cpufreak101 wrote:you seem to really like the communitasia, don't ya, and i'm amazed you got the storyline quite correct, as i would've taken it off the market around then, seeing as such, replacement to the communitasia, coming soon :)

I figured it was a logical thing to do. No factory makes replacement parts forever. :D
Also my BRC entry is powered by an engine derived from communitasia blocks, so you can say that Communitasia has true motorsport roots now.
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum