Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:43 am

Car design error calculation?

Hi I'm Hector,

Trying to build a green car i found that:
AM.jpg
Issue
AM.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 3750 times

With the most hard tyre compound, with a width of 105 mm and with a friendly set of the suspension the car reaches 1.2 G of lateral acceleration. With no downforce this is an extreme value, and this car reaches it with wood tyres? :!: I think that maybe there is a calculation error. Trying with a more radical setting of tyres and suspension, the "green car" can reach 1.5 G. :shock:

What do u think? Greetings.
<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 1.4

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:00 am

Re: Car design error calculation?

Cornering grip has been increased by ~15% in order to make track times more realistic (with constant speed through corners currently). As soon as the test track simulation is updated, the cornering grip should be reduced again.

Nevertheless, you are at the limits of the simulation with this build of course. A car with this low weight does not really stress the tyres much. The calculations give the most realistic results with cars weighing 1000-1600 kg. And the car probably does not generate a lot of lift on such tiny tyres with the ride height being pretty low. Looking at the total cost of the car, you probably used some tyre quality as well. How much? +10 would mean that you are running on tyres with quality from 2035. +15 would mean 2045.

So in general, if you put that all together and imagine 15% reduced grip, I think the values are not bad.
<<

Hector25E

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:54 am

I didn't know about that 15%.

Yes, i always like test the limits jajaja. The high cost of the car should be of the engine (all +15), didn't remember now how much quality I used on tyres, maybe about 5. But yes, now it fits pretty better.

The reduced lift I suppose it would be by the reduced size of the car, because the ride height is high and there is no clad.

Thanks for your time :D
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:16 pm

HOLY SHIT
329 KG CAR?!
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

SheikhMansour

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:10 am

Your car weighs a third of a ton, with two thirds of the weight over the drive wheels. Those grip levels aren't entirely unrealistic for such a car. In any case, if the engine is the reason why your car costs a hundred grand, why does it only produce 44bhp?
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:05 am

The thread hasn't been replied to in 5 months, don't bump old threads.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum