FAQ  •  Login

how about some "open Source" cars? (explanation in thread)

should i create an open source engines thread?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 20
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Re: how about some "open Source" cars? (explanation in threa

Manche wrote:
oppositelock wrote:After being declared "worst car ever, ever" by Marxist Motors magazine, GSI engineers stepped forward with the objective of making the Galt Communitasia slightly less terrible. Swapping the impossibly inefficient 2.5 liter four cylinder for a merely archaic 2.0 results in both improved performance and fuel economy while still maintaining the ability to run on goat urine. The ladder frame and solid axle are retained for their utility and offroad capabilities, but the leaf springs are ditched for coils and the transmission sprouts a fourth gear. Wider tires, fade free brakes and revised suspension tuning vastly improve sportiness and driving pleasure. Outside, the car receives a minor facelift as well as a luxurious new coat of hearing aid beige. Best of all, overall production costs are even lower than before. After retesting the new version, Marxist Motors concluded it to be "now better than a Trabant, but still not as good as a Wartburg." Great success!

glhs386 - Galt Communitasia.zip

(hungry again)

was able to make a great offroader out of it

may i see the specs lol
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:19 pm

well seeing that the MVAV challenge is over with i might as well post the van i used for it, got 17th out of 23 entries, not bad if i say so myself
from the challenge review it could've scored a tad higher if it didn't have 2 useless gears
Attachments
cpufreak101 - MVAV cpufreak101 Galt V-series.zip
(117.39 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
<<

Manche

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none.... sadly

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:49 pm

there it is
Attachments
Gauchito Loco - Galt Communitasia.zip
(103.28 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:03 pm

well this is probably the longest i ever worked on a single vehicle (over 45 minutes) but it is the closest i can get to a perfect vehicle for it's target demographic. iit is an SUV aimed at the family utility premium market achieving 80.4 competitiveness, 2185 desirability, and 84.4% affordability. the car itself is called the Hinode, translated from Japanese into sunrise. the Hinode is the first vehicle i have made to achieve a perfect 50/50 weight balance. the only real downfall is fuel economy...
cpufreak101 - Hinode.zip
(93.28 KiB) Downloaded 444 times

i was initially going to keep this car to myself but how it turned out made me want to open source it, so there are several mods used, just get all the ones off the workshop
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:48 pm

cpufreak101 wrote:well this is probably the longest i ever worked on a single vehicle (over 45 minutes) but it is the closest i can get to a perfect vehicle for it's target demographic. iit is an SUV aimed at the family utility premium market achieving 80.4 competitiveness, 2185 desirability, and 84.4% affordability. the car itself is called the Hinode, translated from Japanese into sunrise. the Hinode is the first vehicle i have made to achieve a perfect 50/50 weight balance. the only real downfall is fuel economy...
i was initially going to keep this car to myself but how it turned out made me want to open source it, so there are several mods used, just get all the ones off the workshop

only 45mins, I've spend 1hr + on the design alone
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:02 pm

UMGaming wrote:
cpufreak101 wrote:well this is probably the longest i ever worked on a single vehicle (over 45 minutes) but it is the closest i can get to a perfect vehicle for it's target demographic. iit is an SUV aimed at the family utility premium market achieving 80.4 competitiveness, 2185 desirability, and 84.4% affordability. the car itself is called the Hinode, translated from Japanese into sunrise. the Hinode is the first vehicle i have made to achieve a perfect 50/50 weight balance. the only real downfall is fuel economy...

like i said, for me personally, about 15 mins of it tho was watching the car go around the test track to make sure it was shifting where i wanted it to
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:45 pm

cpufreak101 wrote:
UMGaming wrote:

like i said, for me personally, about 15 mins of it tho was watching the car go around the test track to make sure it was shifting where i wanted it to

I suggest we get back to the main point of ths thread, will have an open source car up here soon, just need to do a few things to it.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:13 pm

well as stated above lets try to get this thread back on topic, so here is the Galt Ki, the first kei car to be open sourced, it's nothing spectacular, made during a 3 AM lull, but hey, 50 MPG at least.
Attachments
cpufreak101 - Ki.zip
(93.65 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Scion FR-S

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:05 pm

When your wife leaves you and your dog dies, you'll be glad you bought a pickup truck designed to last forever. The GSI Wyoming is engineered to be simple and rugged, just like you. Well, except when you get emotional and start crying, then it's not like you at all.

glhs386 - GSI Wyoming.zip
(86.49 KiB) Downloaded 409 times

<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:31 pm

oppositelock wrote:when you get emotional and start crying, then it's not like you at all.

I literally spilled my coffee when I read this.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:28 am

oppositelock wrote:When your wife leaves you and your dog dies, you'll be glad you bought a pickup truck designed to last forever. The GSI Wyoming is engineered to be simple and rugged, just like you. Well, except when you get emotional and start crying, then it's not like you at all.

i just riced the hell out of it, and now nobody wants to buy it and it is ugly AF now
as can be seen, the engine needed extra cooling so the owner chopped a huge hole in the hood (bonnet) that is so large the drag slows it down so much it has no real speed increase (only 18 MPH, not impressive considering the 2x increase in power) oh he also put on new LED headlights
not only is it a hideous color now, because the owner put on a 6 inch exhaust he needed somewhere to put it, so he put 2 exhaust pipes on the roof, despite only one of them working
the total list of changes include a turbo'd engine and some exterior mods (lights, hole, and exhaust, that's it) everything else is stock, including the transmission and suspension
Attachments
cpufreak101 - GSI Wyoming.zip
(109.8 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Post Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:51 pm

While today the Galt Ki is known for it's exorbitant pricing, lethargic performance, antiquated platform and hilariously random engineering decisions, this wan't always the case. During the 1980s it was considered one of the best values in the Kei car class and proved wildly popular in it's home market. Of course, much of that commercial success was no doubt due to a recurring role in the anime TV series Bikini Samurai Robot Cop, but the marketing department doesn't like to admit that.

glhs386 - Galt Ki.zip
(96.24 KiB) Downloaded 425 times

<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:41 pm

You wear a fake watch and drink off-brand soda, why not buy a generic sports car? The brainchild of overseas GSI auto executive Mr. J, the Katana brings high-priced Fruinian style down to ordinary middle class Gasmeans. Better yet, it actually starts on cold mornings and the wiring harness doesn't self-immolate.

glhs386 - GSI Katana.zip
(88.46 KiB) Downloaded 452 times

Last edited by oppositelock on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Manche

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none.... sadly

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:55 am

A very wealthy gentleman with a 1930's striped suit and well trimmed moustache presented himself one day at the Ybarra headquarters with a very unusual commission, he wanted a new vehicles for his family that inspired fear while at the same time remained comfortable and luxurious.

so the factory got on it and started working on car with Cacique underpinnings wrapped in a 1970s station wagon body with exaggerated features to give it more presence. the engine was a lightly massaged Hercules FMU big block packed with techology.
Attachments
Gauchito Loco - spookmobile.zip
(90.89 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
<<

lztd15

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Hyundai Getz ;(

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:43 pm

oppositelock wrote:You wear a fake watch and drink off-brand soda, why not buy a generic sports car? The brainchild of overseas GSI auto executive Mr. J, the Katana brings high-priced Fruinian style down to ordinary middle class Gasmeans. Better yet, it actually starts on cold mornings and the wiring harness doesn't self-immolate.

So, I used your car as a baseline and added new suspension(double-wishbone) and a new V8 flatplane to create The Furore 375 GT

Nekkro - Furore.zip
One of the greatest coupes from the 60's
(89.78 KiB) Downloaded 381 times

CTech Industries
Company ID: #20141595
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum