FAQ  •  Login

Saminda Motor Co - CZ6 '' Founder of Saminda last project ''

<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:25 am

Re: ENGINE NEWS

Starfish94 wrote:Saminda has announced about turbo engines in 2012 Detroit Auto Show to roll out its upcoming family of turbocharged four-cylinder engines by the end of 2012. Saminda said it is investing $400 million at its Louisville, Kentucky engine plant to accommodate a third assembly line for the engines. This is the first time since Saminda were established that they would be using turbocharged engine in their passenger cars.

Saminda still won’t say how much power these engines would make but they promise that the new turbocharged engine would be better and more efficient then their Naturally Aspirated engines that they are using now . but we were told at the time that the 2013 Type R would be using a 2.0-liter and would pump out a maximum of roughly 300 horsepower. We’ll bring you more tantalizing turbo tales as soon as Saminda's willing to tell us

Maybe you could build a V6 Turbo for my F1 Role Play Challenge! :P
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Starfish94

Cars: Am a car salesman , drive anything which is available to get me home.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: ENGINE NEWS

Speedemon wrote:
Starfish94 wrote:Saminda has announced about turbo engines in 2012 Detroit Auto Show to roll out its upcoming family of turbocharged four-cylinder engines by the end of 2012. Saminda said it is investing $400 million at its Louisville, Kentucky engine plant to accommodate a third assembly line for the engines. This is the first time since Saminda were established that they would be using turbocharged engine in their passenger cars.

Saminda still won’t say how much power these engines would make but they promise that the new turbocharged engine would be better and more efficient then their Naturally Aspirated engines that they are using now . but we were told at the time that the 2013 Type R would be using a 2.0-liter and would pump out a maximum of roughly 300 horsepower. We’ll bring you more tantalizing turbo tales as soon as Saminda's willing to tell us

Maybe you could build a V6 Turbo for my F1 Role Play Challenge! :P

By CEO of Global Saminda , Shibuya Kuge : " Saminda have not build any engines for F1 yet , although we are one of the largest engine maker , building F1 engines are not easy, but we are interested in it and we might consider about it so meanwhile we can improve our technology , it's not easy for our R&D engineer and we need time.
<<

Starfish94

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:11 pm

CR3

YEAR 2012

Saminda CR3 EX FWD and AWD

Saminda CR3 EX-L
The CR3 is a Compact SUV sold under Saminda , If you're cross-shopping compact crossover vehicles for family use, you'll definitely want to put the 2012 Saminda CR3 on the list. The main reason because it has what we think is simply the best rear seat-folding arrangement of any vehicle in this class , and because its seating comfort in general is so impressive. Open one of the back doors, and with one arm and a simple pull of a strap, in a very fluid motion the lower cushion tumbles forward into the footwell, the headrest angles forward, and the rear seatback flips forward, all tucking nearly behind the front seat, to a completely flat position, Cargo capacity is impressive , with the rear seatbacks up, there's an impressive 37 cubic feet. A side cargo net is included, and the EX-L trim get a removable and retractable cargo cover. Fold the back seats down, and you get a continuous cargo floor that’s 61.1 inches long.

Saminda hasn't changed much about the powertrain, the 2.4-liter i-VIC four-cylinder remains one of the smoothest fours in this class, with nice, even power delivery all the way up to redline. The transmission has only five speeds , and gear ratios have been made taller this year for better fuel economy. EPA fuel economy ratings land at 22 mpg city, 30 highway with front-wheel drive, or 20/30 with all-wheel drive . Just as in some of Saminda's other models, there's a big blue 'eco' button on the dash, to engage more frugal parameters for the powertrain and A/C.

Sales figure 2012 Total : 552,766
CR3 EX FWD : 245,630
CR3 EX AWD : 190,545
CR3 EX-L : 86,591

Availability : Worldwide

Assembly :
Sayama , Saitama , Japan
East Liberty Ohio , USA
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Swindon, United Kingdom
Wuhan, China
Greater Noida , India

CR3 EX FWD
Engine : KA Series , KA24A2

CR3 EX AWD

CR3 EX-L

CR3 EX FWD : $24,000
CR3 EX AWD : $26,000
CR3 EX-L : $28,500
Last edited by Starfish94 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Saminda Motor Co - CR3 ''Finest thing in life'' Showcase

Images are broken
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

Starfish94

Post Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Oskiinus wrote:Images are broken

Should be fixed
<<

porsche9999

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:49 am

This car really reminds me of the VISIO PLUTO!
Cervus - Perfection is not a choice, it is in our DNA. ®
<<

Starfish94

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:40 pm

YEAR 2012

Saminda C8
The Saminda C8 is manufactured by Saminda , The Japanese domestic market C8 , essentially a rebadged version of the Auxuras STL sold in North America since 2011 , introduces a complex all-wheel-drive powertrain (Super Control All Wheel Drive) and World-First Safety technology. Saminda promises a more spacious interior with the new C8, the carmaker claims rear legroom "is so generous that occupants can even cross their legs in comfort". High-quality leather and soft-touch materials are featured throughout, enhancing the C8's position as an affordable alternative to premium European offerings. Other features of the safety suite include emergency steering, collision braking system, lane keep assist, lead car departure notification, traffic sign recognition, and false start prevention.

Auxuras STL

Sales figure 2012 : 7,683
Availability : Japan only

Assembly :
Tokyo , Japan

C8 (SC-AWD)
Engine : JE Series , JE37E1

C8 : $55,840
Last edited by Starfish94 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Starfish94

Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 am

C2000R

YEAR 2012

Saminda C2000R
The C2000R is manufactured by Saminda and is only for the Japanese domestic market and it's one of a few rear-wheel drive vehicle in Saminda lineup , It uses the FB22A engine which is a replacement for the FA20C, enthusiast said that the ''FA Series is the best BHP/Liter engine Saminda ever build , the newer FB series didn't do as well as the FA Series because it's cheaper to build'', the newer FB22A is a 2.2-liter and only pumps out 240hp while redline is at 8500rpm, the older FA20C is a 2.0-liter and pump out 245hp while redline is at 9200rpm , aside from the engine , the C2000R is still a great performance car , The R stands, literally, for racing , So proclaimed by Saminda,

Clearly a pretty special chassis was needed to accompany it, Saminda strengthened the C2000R bodyshell in various key structural areas with thicker-grade steel in readiness for the extra forces it would have to endure. it's equipped with double wishbone and multilink suspension for the front and rear, the rear anti-roll bar was swapped for a thicker item, aluminium strut braces were added at both ends of the car.

Sales figure 2012 : 11,333
Availability : Japan only

Assembly :
Takanezawa , Tochigi , Japan

C2000R
Engine : FB Series , FB22A

C2000R : $30,440
<<

Starfish94

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:05 pm

C4

YEAR 2012

Saminda C4 1.8 and 2.0

Saminda C4 SPORT
The C4 is a Compact car manufactured and marketed under Saminda a carmaker from Japan , it's exclusively only for European market, The Saminda C4 is good looking inside and out, offers good room for passengers and is packed full of kit. It also comes with some efficient petrol engines and is keenly priced. Step into the cabin and everywhere you look on there’s leather and soft-touch silvery-trimmed plastics, and everything is screwed together beautifully. The Ultratouch infotainment on the C4 is good, if not great.

The updated 1.8 and 2.0 liter engine is very smooth and powerful enough but if you want a more powerful version you can always opt the SPORT version which has an impressive 2.4 liter i-VIC making 215hp and mated with a 6 speed manual gearbox. The C4 has always been one of the better-handling Saminda, but Saminda’s UK suspension tuning team has gone to work nevertheless. It says it has shrunk the stabiliser bars to boost road feedback through the steering wheel.

Managing Director of Saminda UK , Philip Essiot , said that the C4 sales this year is the highest they ever archived.

Sales figure 2012 : 90,558
1.8 Sales : 50,511
2.0 Sales : 32,337
SPORT Sales : 18,174
Availability : Europe Only

Assembly :
Swindon , United Kingdom
Ghent , Belgium

C4 1.8
Engine : RB Series , RB18A1

C4 2.0
Engine : RB Series , RB20A1

C4 SPORT
Engine : KA Series , KA24Z1

C4 1.8 : $21,885
C4 2.0 : $22,885
C4 SPORT : $25,885
<<

Starfish94

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:39 pm

CR4

YEAR 2012

Saminda CR4

Saminda CR4 V6
The Saminda CR4, is an MPV or multi-purpose vehicle (known as a minivan in North America) produced by Saminda. One of the major players in the people mover class, Saminda CR4 took a different styling path from its competitors by adopting a much lower, almost station wagon, appearance in contrast to its taller, boxier rivals . One feature which will increase CR4's appeal to many buyers is sliding rear doors. In combination with the car's low-slung floor these make for easy entry and exit with an opening of 1215mm in height and 740mm in width.

The engine is either a 2.7-liter four-cylinder petrol unit with 203BHP and 267Nm of torque, or a 3.5-liter V6 petrol unit with 251BHP and 320Nm of torque , doesn't matter if you choose the four cylinder or V6, both of the engine give you satisfaction performance.

Sales figure 2012 Total : 190,533
2.7 Sales : 120,222
V6 Sales : 70,311

Availability : Worldwide (Four cylinder version not available for North America)

Assembly :
Sayama , Saitama , Japan
East Liberty Ohio , USA
Wuhan, China

CR4 2.7
Engine : KA Series , KA27C1

CR4 3.5 V6
Engine : JA Series , JA35A

CR4 2.7 : $35,660
CR4 V6 : $40,780
<<

Starfish94

Post Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:27 pm

CR2

YEAR 2012

Saminda CR2 1.8 and 2.0
The Saminda CR2 is a compact MPV manufactured by the Japanese automaker Saminda and is based on the C3. Its exterior design is a mix of compact MPV and SUV; and its height (less than 1.6 m) makes it hard to classify it precisely. Handling characteristics are more like a smaller hatchback than any other comparable compact MPV. Although it was partially exported in LHD markets, especially in Europe, Saminda CR2 is more successful in Japan and Singapore. It was never available in North America.

In Singapore, the Saminda CR2 is very successful and is one of the best selling vehicle in it country. It was available in the standard 1.8-liter model and also the higher spec 2.0-liter.

Sales figure 2012 Total : 30,421
1.8 Sales : 25,767
2.0 Sales : 4,654

Availability : Part of Asia and part of Europe

Assembly :
Sayama , Saitama , Japan

CR2 1.8
Engine : RB Series , RB18A1

CR2 2.0
Engine : RB Series , RB20A1

CR2 1.8 : $22,000
CR2 2.0 : $23,000
<<

Starfish94

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:54 pm

ProAIR and CZ6

The ProAIR Turbo Technology is engineered by Saminda for their turbocharged engines and was unveiled for the first time in front of the world at the Tokyo Motor show in 2012 after revealed about turbo engines not long ago at Detroit Motor Show, it has been one of the buzz words among all the motor enthusiast over the world. The company, and president/CEO Shibuya Kuge, promised both to care for the environment and provide joy of driving.

This technology is the real blue-eyed boy from Saminda and with this, it aims to be better and eventually the best in the automobile engine technology of modern times which it hopes positively, that would replicate in terms of volume sales. With ProAIR Technology, Saminda is looking at being the fuel efficiency leader in every vehicle class within three years. Apart from the target of giving this world a more fuel efficient engine, Saminda also aims to do its bit for the environment, Saminda aims to reduce CO2 emissions by 30% for all products sold worldwide by 2020, relative to emission figures from year 2000.

Talking about the technology for which Saminda has been the talk of the town lately, the famous for, i-VIC. Saminda has enhanced its much vaunted variable valve timing and intake control for better thermal efficiency and reduced friction. This will benefit both far ends – fuel efficiency and higher power.

Saminda also explained the i-VIC ProAIR, the company’s next-generation powertrain technologies which aim to achieve both the fun of driving and excellent fuel economy at a high level.

With the application of variable valve motion technology such as Saminda's i-VIC along with ProAIR with highly-fluidized combustion and a thorough reduction in engine friction, Saminda said this engine achieves class-leading output and environmental performance, while downsizing engine displacement.

The three turbocharged engines come in 1.1 ,1.5 and 2.0-litre capacities and will be available in a wide range of Saminda vehicles in next year 2013

The turbocharged 1.1-litre four-cylinder engine was designed to have higher power, torque and efficiency capabilities than a non-turbo 1.8-litre engine.

Using a i-VIC variable valve train system with direct injection ProAIR turbocharged, the 1.1-litre engine pumps out a healthy maximum 125BHP and 200Nm of torque. The four-cylinder unit is likely to find applications across the Japanese car maker’s range of compact passenger cars, including the Saminda C1, C2 and C3.

The 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine will find its way under the bonnets of slightly larger Saminda vehicles, given it develops 200BHP of power and 260Nm of torque.

But the most interesting engine in is the 2.0 liter designed for the next-gen Type-R. Saminda claims that despite displacing just 2.0 liters, the motor will deliver in excess of 280 horsepower.

Saminda also revealed it had actually secretly developing the CZ6 which were discontinued since 2005, The original Saminda CZ6 was revealed at the Chicago Motor Show in 1987. ,the car enjoyed a 15-year-plus production run, but with the facelifted model discontinued in 2005, it’s been a while since Saminda had a machine to challenge the likes of Italian supercars. President/CEO of Saminda , Shibuya Kuge said that the new CZ6 would only be assemble in California and won't be in Japan. he also said the CZ6 would be sold in their Luxury division , Auxuras, however it will be sold as Saminda in Japan , the carmaker still did not reveal their powertrain but rumours were saying that the engine would be likely a 3.5litre V6 turbocharged and pumps out around 500BHP.

Seems like Saminda is coming back to the game and it wants to "Inject some joy" for year 2013.
<<

Starfish94

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:31 am

C3 Hybrid

YEAR 2012

Saminda C3 Hybrid
The Saminda C3 Hybrid is a variation of the Saminda C3 with a hybrid electric powertrain. The latest C3 Hybrid was launched during 2011 in the U.S. and Canada as a 2012 model. It has a 1.3-liter i-VIC engine that produces 80 horsepower , 100nm of torque and a lithium-ion battery pack, which is placed between the engine and 5 speed automatic transmission, provides 28 hp and 60nm of torque and weighs 0.7 kg. The 2012 C3 Hybrid has an EPA rating of 41 mpg.

C3
C3 Spec V (High Performance Variant)

Sales figure 2012 Total : 14,654
Availability : North America and Japan only

Assembly :
Suzuka, Japan
Greensburg , USA

C3 Hybrid
Engine : REA Series , REA13A5

C3 Hybrid : $24,685
<<

Starfish94

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:54 pm

CR45

YEAR 2012

Saminda CR45 2.7 FWD and AWD

Saminda CR45 V6 AWD
The Saminda CR45 is a mid-sized SUV designed by Saminda Motor Thailand. Originally assembled only in Thailand, but later also in Indonesia and other countries , the CR45 was introduced in Australia on 2012. It features three rows of seats and is available in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive. The CR45 was sold with 2 different petrol engines mated with a 5-speed automatic transmission, both the engine is designed to have low end power , the 2.7-liter makes 158bhp at 5800rpm and 248nm of torque at 2600rpm , while the 4.0-liter makes 231bhp at 5700rpm and 353nm of torque at 2400rpm , This car was the best selling in its category in Thailand and it is not offered in Japan, Europe, North America or China.

The CR45 does a great job in more challenging terrain, in part due to the extensive testing and engineering development. A towering 279mm ground clearance helps it clear rocks, and if you're game you can wade through up to 700mm of water. The suspension, too, allows good articulation from left to right, helping plant wheels into holes or over crests. If a wheel hangs in the air the traction control system does a great job of figuring it out and maintaining progress. If you're chasing more traction – through mud, sand or snow, for example – the rear diff lock can be engaged. The CR45 is an impressive machine in the rough stuff. Plus it can tow up to 3000kg.

Sales figure (2012) : 66,536
2.7 FWD Sales : 25,521
2.7 AWD Sales : 25,128
4.0 AWD Sales : 15,887

Availability : Thailand , Indonesia , Colombia , India , Singapore (Only 2.7-liter) , Malaysia , Vietnam , Pakistan , Philippines , New Zealand and Australia

Assembly :
Samut Prakan, Thailand (Saminda Motor Thailand)
Chachoengsao, Thailand (Saminda Motor Thailand)
Karawang, Indonesia
Karachi, Pakistan
Bidadi, India

CR45 2.7 FWD
Engine : TA Series , TA27A1

CR45 2.7 AWD
Engine : TA Series , TA27A1

CR45 4.0 V6
Engine : GE Series , GE40A1

CR45 2.7 FWD : $30,650
CR45 2.7 AWD : $38,760
CR45 4.0 V6 : $45,610
Last edited by Starfish94 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Re: Saminda Motor Co - CR45 ''Japan Pride , Thailand Spirit'

I am guessing that the CR45 would also be available for purchase in New Zealand, as it's being sold in Australia, or am I wrong?
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum