FAQ  •  Login

Dimension Motors - Your Friendly Neighborhood Megacorp!

<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:31 am

Re: Dimension Motors - Your Friendly Neighborhood Megacorp!

squidhead wrote:I'd say 2005 Centauri Banshee is still pretty competetive. Also you're running racing slicks on a street car?

Neither or my super cars, the Banshee or the Warpwind, could keep up with this car on the track, those are some very impressive times. My cars are far cheaper and would probably be better street drivers but I've got to hand it to you, that is one nice looking car, I like the R8 style carbon side scoops. And that's good power from only a 4 liter v6. Nicely done.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:02 am

nialloftara wrote:Neither or my super cars, the Banshee or the Warpwind, could keep up with this car on the track

I could have sworn the Warpwind were much faster, but searched for stats, you are correct.

Anyways, OP, you could check these threads out to see what's on the market.
http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =35&t=5177
http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =35&t=5175
http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =35&t=5187
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 am

The warpwind could out drag race him, has a higher top speed, gets better economy and is easier to drive, but his handles far far better, has way more downfoce and pulls nearly 30% more g force in the 250m test.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

Deskyx

Cars: I wish

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:15 am

I have utterly given up on building the 6th generation Paradox.

I cannot build FR cars in the game to go anywhere fast in the track.

If someone is willing to take the challenge, the car will be named after said company, and full credits in engineering goes to said company.

You will be building the base model of the Paradox. As this is a C7 Corvette expy, do not go overboard with quality. I'd rather you also not touch the design, unless to add wings or downforce, and I'd really like it if you kept the engine as it is, unless you can massively improve the engine.

What I want:
-Must be RWD
-Transmission must be manual
-Tires cannot be wider than 305
-Base Price under 50k (most important)
-Ring time under 8 minutes (2nd most important)

If you want to help me, kindly PM me and I shall send you the car.
<<

squidhead

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:37 am

Deskyx wrote:I have utterly given up on building the 6th generation Paradox.

I cannot build FR cars in the game to go anywhere fast in the track.

If someone is willing to take the challenge, the car will be named after said company, and full credits in engineering goes to said company.

You will be building the base model of the Paradox. As this is a C7 Corvette expy, do not go overboard with quality. I'd rather you also not touch the design, unless to add wings or downforce, and I'd really like it if you kept the engine as it is, unless you can massively improve the engine.

What I want:
-Must be RWD
-Transmission must be manual
-Tires cannot be wider than 305
-Base Price under 50k (most important)
-Ring time under 8 minutes (2nd most important)

If you want to help me, kindly PM me and I shall send you the car.

That does seem right up my alley. My company can finalize the setup of any aspect of your car, be it finished or still in development. I'll PM you
<<

Deskyx

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:03 pm

nialloftara wrote:The warpwind could out drag race him, has a higher top speed, gets better economy and is easier to drive, but his handles far far better, has way more downfoce and pulls nearly 30% more g force in the 250m test.

I think the fact that the Warpwind is only 50K is more impressive than any aspect of this car.
<<

Deskyx

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:47 am

2013 Dimension Paradox 6 KHT

In order for Dimension to survive, it cannot simply continue what it was doing for the past 30 years, which was essentially being a manure plant that occasionally ships out fine quality gems. It has to go upmarket at every level, now that competitors have flooded their home market. We can't use Buy American ads anymore because we all know that none of these cars are made in America, instead being made in Canada or Mexico. Well technically they are still in America, but we mean the only America that matters. We can't churn out shit anymore and expect it to sell. We have to churn out incredibly formulaic bland designs that supposedly try to look more and more unique but ultimately incredibly ugly. Yuppies love ugly cars with a name badge.

This car is the prime example of that philosophy. Well minus the bland design. Or ugly. Well ugly is subjective.

The 2013 Paradox is a far cry from the working class retiree country club boulevard cruiser image that it had sported through most of its lifetime. It is now an upper middle class retiree country club boulevard cruiser. Well you can also lease it if your midlife crisis hits quicker than expected. But now it has actual sporting prowess. The car is now made of AHS steel with fiber glass panels, and double wishbones on all four wheels, a far cry from the tractor suspension found on the previous model. In order to be competitive with the world, we contracted renowned racing team and tuner Kraft Haus Technik to tune the suspension, chassis and engine. It now has actually acceptable handling for a sports car, and performance figures that can match contemporary sports cars for half the price.

The GE series overhead valve V8s are Dimension's new line of V8s for the current generation, featuring direct injection technology, finally. In this car a 5.7 liter V8 dubbed the GE57DE was installed, and tuned by Kraft Haus Technik. Unlike most American large V8s, the engine was tuned heavily towards high end power, and drives similarly to a European gran tourer than and out and out super muscle car. Which makes fuel economy a challenge. As you can see here, we made alot of compromises to ensure we don't suffer a hard blow because of CAFE. We still do. Ah who cares, we get enough tax breaks already. The engine produces 514 hp at 7200 rpm and 550nm of torque at 6000 rpm. Not the most impressive numbers, but not lacking either.

A lot of effort has gone into making this car go as fast as possible on track. While extremely difficult because FR cars in Automation have really awful traction, the car still manages a Ring time of 7:54:88 and an airfield track time of 1:21:12. To compensate for lack of traction, KHT has used special threads, and incredibly wide ones too, 345s on the rear with a 325 front. Power is delivered through a 7 speed manual gearbox with a geared limited slip differential to maximize power put down and remain as one of the last cars to still offer a stick shift. The car also features little in way of driving aids, because this is a burly chested macho sports car, and nothing helps compensate than one of these to prove your masculinity. For the first time in a while, the interior is not unremittingly awful, and is fitted with more than adequate safety features. Suspension is lifted straight off the Boson GT, standard springs, with adaptive dampers and semi active sway bars tuned for sports driving.

This car was meant as a world competitor. Can it?
Last edited by Deskyx on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

squidhead

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:56 am

I can see quite a few visual changes and a N-ring lap time 5 seconds faster than what I done. Nicely improved.
<<

Deskyx

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:20 am

2001 Dimension Rift 2.2 DX

The "malaise era". The term was used to describe the 1970s. After the fuel crisis. every car was simply awful. Horrendously unreliable, virtually zero power due to emissions restrictions choking the engines severely, poor handling, safety standards creating the ugliest cars of all time with their 5 mph bumpers, and generally poor engineering and thought placed into the cars, which allowed Japanese and German manufacturers a significant foothold in the US market, their local brands have proven that buying American is synonymous with buying inferiority.

Thankfully those years are far behind us. However for Dimension, the malaise era won't end until restructuring. So here is a poorly engineered, ultra bland, dreary to drive, but safe and somewhat reliable rental grade trash that will be the butt of jokes to come.

Styling blander than poor quality table salt, super budget construction. What's not to love in this car? It didn't do anything wrong. No but it sure as hell didn't do nothing right. This is the DMV in car form, horribly inefficient, extremely boring, and will never die. Only you need to deal with the DMV first before getting the car. So that's double the boredom. A steel body with polymer panels for minimal cost and decent safety, with very cheaply made advanced safety technologies, because it looks good on the brochure. A plastic fantastic interior, built out of horrid quality ones at that, all wrap a package as the sort of car that sucks your soul everytime you drive it.

Powering the car is the LE22EI 2.2 liter inline 4 engine, built to be fool proof, except when it isn't so it inevitably gets recalled a year into production. It churns out 130 hp and 193nm of torque. Yawn. Power is transmitted to the front wheels with a four speed automatic gearboxxxx.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh you know what describing it is already agonizingly boring. Rent one today and try it out for yourself!
<<

Deskyx

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:08 pm

2001 Dimension Rift Turbo SSP 4WD

The early 2000s saw a rise in the popularity of sports compacts, thanks to some Japanese racing game making youngsters think that they can tune their econoboxes to very high power outputs with no ill repercussions and some other cheesy street racing movie popularizing the rice rocket fad. So it became clear that young people want a fast, cheap, and gaudy looking car. And what better platform to start on than our cheapest?

The dreary looking body of the base Rift was aggressively kitted, trying to imitate the Japanese rally based performance sedans, which were very conveniently still not exported to the US, which gave us a huge advantage in coming first. Massive flares allow 265s on all fours, and a gaudy looking rear wing ensures popularity with the flat brimmed crowd. The suspension is switched to double wishbones for actual cornering performance.

The packed engine bay of the car necessitates the deboring of the LE22 to a 2 liter. However it is fitted with a turbocharger, so you wont be losing power any time soon. It is significantly more powerful than the competition, with 340 hp and 350 Nm of torque, it can outrun contemporary high end sports cars. The turbos are quite peaky however, and only come on past 4000rpm, which can make it a bit more difficult to drive daily. Fuel efficiency is not good, managing only an 18 mpg.

340 hp and a very light weight body means the car can get going very quickly, at 4.3 seconds to 60 mph, that is still faster than the Paradox 6. 4WD ensures maximum traction and helps significantly with launches, which makes the car very quick in shorter courses. However due to drive line loss and high drag from the wing and body parts, the car loses acceleration quickly as it goes faster, which hinders performance on longer faster courses. Interior has been uprated for a more premium feel, but in traditional Dimension quality, the parts are very cheaply made. 265s medium compounds wrap the 18 inch wheels, and the suspension has received adaptive dampers and sports tuning for maximum cornering performance and drivability.

Base price of 25K which is nearly double of the base Rift.

So what do you guys think?
<<

Deskyx

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:21 am

I've been making time attack variants of my cars. For some reason downforce doesn't do much in this game.

Still managed to shave alot of time from my cars.
Previous

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum