FAQ  •  Login

Airborne Motor Group - New York 2016

<<

nerd

Cars: None as of now and at least 3 years from now.

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 am

Re: Airborne Automotive [Leave feedback, please]

Oskiinus wrote: until 1955 revolution, when banished ladder chassis (on which Tornado is built also) got banned and production of all models with this chassis type were stopped due to new type of chassis: Monocoque.

Uh, Ladder chassis was in pickups until just recently.
Rado Automotive Incrorporated (my automation car company): 1946998
Rado Automotive Incorporated car showroom
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:06 am

Uh, it's his story, let him tell it! Maybe in the country where Airborne Motors resided, ladder chassis were outlawed.
<<

Corbanx

Cars: 240sx outside sr20det inside

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Nice designs and really nice body jobs keep the good work up ;)
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:07 pm

nerd wrote:
Oskiinus wrote: until 1955 revolution, when banished ladder chassis (on which Tornado is built also) got banned and production of all models with this chassis type were stopped due to new type of chassis: Monocoque.

The OP is clearly an "English is second language" poster so I suspect he meant that the company stopped all ladder chassis models when Monocoque became available. :D If he meant anything different then good for him! It's his story so he gets to write the narrative!!! :lol:

On Topic: Nice cars Oskiinus, keep the models coming and don't forget the backstory :D :D :D
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 am

nerd wrote:

But it's my in-company revolution in car building. :P
@Cobalt - No, the company where Airborne originated was Poland, but thanks to Russia (hey, Polish People Republic!), it stayed as polish manufacturer but headquarters and factories were in the US.

@OctaneLove - I write this backstory when I have an idea, and my company was known (in backstory thing) that it introduced Monocoques very early :D

@Octane and Corbanx - Thanks! :)
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:19 am

That's a hell of an engine in the last car you've submitted. I suspect the tyres aren't at all equipped to keep up with the power and the weight, hence the cornering figures of 0.4g. Might your engineering department consider using larger/wider wheels?
<<

Oskiinus

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:33 am

strop wrote:That's a hell of an engine in the last car you've submitted. I suspect the tyres aren't at all equipped to keep up with the power and the weight, hence the cornering figures of 0.4g. Might your engineering department consider using larger/wider wheels?

It was 1952 man. The company wasn't standing on it's own legs fully, so fails might happen. :ugeek:
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
<<

Oskiinus

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:07 pm

New car!

2014 Airborne Haiyan
Haiyan was a typhoon which completely ruined the Philippines and killed huge, but very HUGE plenty of people and it happened in 2013 and is considered as strongest typhoon which ever hit the lands.
Now let's talk about the car:
The project was started in 2011 and the car was planned as small sporty supercar with low weight and big reserve of power. In November 2013, chief designer of Airborne European Design Studio went to Philippines, because he was from there and he wanted to help his family in preparations for Christmas. But, thanks to Typhoon Haiyan he never came back with confirmation that he died at 7th November, so CEO himself finished the project, named the car in the tribute of the typhoon and dead chief designer and published informations about it in early 2014 with presentation at 7th November 2014, at first anniversary of death of car creator.

The car itself is very capable of cornering the track: with weight of only 890 kilos and power of almost 491 PS it launches to 100 km/h in time of 3.4 seconds and reaches 290 km/h. The engine was planned to be designed like racecar engines, so it's turbocharged 2299cc V8 flatplane. The car utilises 5-spoke 17" rims. It's only color for now is white, we hope it will change.

Note: 2015 year is set up because I forgot to change it lol

Tell your opinions :D
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:57 am

Other than (IMO) needing a rear wing to balance out the visual balance of the car, the Airborne Haiyan is clearly a well thought out and implemented supercar that's also easy on the wallet! :D
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

Oskiinus

Post Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:00 pm

HighOctaneLove wrote:Other than (IMO) needing a rear wing to balance out the visual balance of the car, the Airborne Haiyan is clearly a well thought out and implemented supercar that's also easy on the wallet! :D

Thanks! :D
Nice motto you got! However the price isn't calculated now, it's still prepared to be in production.
<<

TheBobWiley

Cars: Volvo V60

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:36 am

Really like the front and rear design, well done!
Owner of Ankomst Automotive
Established 22nd March, 1945
--Avundsjukan vilar aldrig (Envy Never Rests)--
<<

WildKarrde

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: '87 BMW 325e
'88 BMW 325i 'Vert

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Oskiinus wrote:Image

Love this car! It's a masterpiece.
Website or Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3257
Established: December 17th, 2013
Company ID: 2013642
<<

Oskiinus

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 am

2015 Airborne Cerberus Concept

Here we go; the polish hypercar. It got it's name from three-headed dog from greek mythology, which was keeping the gates to hell.

This car is most powerful Airborne Automotive car ever produced. We can't tell pretty much about engine specs and car performance, only this what you can see. It was made to show how much we can. The project was heading that the car will reach 400 km/h; the target is not completed, but the car was very near of this result; with active spoiler (which got deleted, because car would be too heavy) it reached 389 km/h. The concept you see reaches 377 km/h. Our engineers are also very proud to tell you about the acceleration - 2.9 seconds in 0-100 km/h sprint and only one second in 80-120 km/h run.

This concept is fully drivable, but is scrapped from paint in various places, because of fact that more paint will cost more. It also runs on semi-slicks, so please don't take this car to rainy Spa like Clarkson did with McLaren P1. However, pretty decent downforce and 6-gear RWD drivetrain combined with 967 PS will thrill you, but (probably) let you won't die behind the wheel.
We plan production model in somewhere near 2016 to even 2020, because the car was extremely expensive to make and we want the production model to be as accurate to concept as it can.
Planned price stays at $ 1.035.000.

Enjoy the photos and tell what do you think! :)
<<

Paul26601

Cars: GMC Yukon 2014
Pontiac G8

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:22 am

These cars are looking great.

Especially the 2015 Alpha Sport reminds me of an Opel Astra 3 :D
The specs are good too.
PetroMel S.A.
ul.Rudolfa Diesla 5
32-005 Niepołomice (mp)
Poland

Site: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=6271

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
<<

Oskiinus

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:03 am

Hello people!
Here is coming something yellaw.

1984 Airborne S220
Well. S200 began to be outdated, nothing special. Airborne engineers wanted to see how the hatchback-looking coupe will sell in the 80's. Here's how the idea of newer, sportier model of S-class line, S220 began. It features turbocharged 6 cylinder engine that produced extreme amount of power, 260 PS (95 PS more than in S200!) and had bigger placement, that is 2,2 litre. The car wasn't selling very good, so developers almost instantly began to create an successor with bigger engine, S230. But we're at this model. Here are the photos:

1955 Airborne Monocoque
Well, I mentioned an monocoque revolution in-company. In fact, it was like that when the monocoque chassis was introduced, all ladder chassis in development, produced or planned were ceased along with most of cars with them. However, the idea of luxury cruiser for the US was saved and moved to a Airborne Monocoque. In fact, it's first in-company car with monocoque chassis, which set up new standards of safety, stiffness and reliability. With 300 HP and 125 mm wheels (still bugs -_-) it was pretty safe, unless you're mad and can't drive the car even when going on drag strip. From wheels topic, it also had 19" wheels. Default color for this one was one called Dark Green. Photos:

1961 Airborne Beta
Tornado doesn't have an successor oficially. But the Beta Mk1 can be taken as one with most things from the 1952 car. It was presented in 1961 as a production car. The car was an almost instant hit! At the first hour of presentation 6 thousand orders came. It had bigger tyres, but also more power, which was 352 PS, giving it possibility to compete with V8 cruisers when being smaller, lighter and having a good handling. The car was RWD and pretty cool looking. On some parts of it were used on the 1970 Supercoupe. Enjoy!

Don't forget about the opinions! ;D
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum