FAQ  •  Login

Bogliq Automotive Engineering

<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Re: Bogliq Automotive Engineering

HighOctaneLove wrote:Do you have any thoughts on the design changes I have made as I want to know if I'm on the right track in modernising my design language?

I thik you should see more cars at car shows. Nobody is using biodesign in 2016, everybody is using edges and stuff. Plus all the cars got so much going on that you can't replicate that style by simply using 3 headlights and 3 vents, you should try combos of those, look at Strop's Kelpie for an example.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:02 am

Moreso than just edges, as I commented somewhere... I think it was in The Efficient Future, it's creating new lines of flow and shapes with cutouts. Even a Toyota Corolla has a bit of that kind of cut-out action going on the rear quarter-panel these days.

And as for concepts...

Doesn't this remind you a bit of the more recent design language of Saminda (as in the forum thread)?

I mean, you don't have to follow the trend, and in a way you could do well creating your own. However, that, as squidhead said, 'bioaesthetic' belongs more to concept cars from the 90s, and as fashion eyes go, unless you find a way to make retro things really distinctive so as to singlehandedly set the new trend, it will just look dated. It's a fickle thing.
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:52 pm

strop wrote:I mean, you don't have to follow the trend, and in a way you could do well creating your own. However, that, as squidhead said, 'bioaesthetic' belongs more to concept cars from the 90s, and as fashion eyes go, unless you find a way to make retro things really distinctive so as to singlehandedly set the new trend, it will just look dated. It's a fickle thing.

Thanks Squidhead and Strop for your feedback, I'll try to make my 'bioaesthetic' design distinctive and dramatic rather than put swathes of chrome over my cars, :lol:

That being said, I'm aware that I'll be very unlikely to singlehandedly set any new trends so I'll have to settle for all the "least likely to be fashionable" awards! :D

I'm going to settle for "WIP" and, when I have the time, putting out concepts for feedback as I may be able to find a way to embrace the new style without resorting to chrome! :ugeek:
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
Previous

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum