LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

Razyx

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Renault Megane 1.4 TCe

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:58 pm

Re: UC - ManHell Automotive

squidhead wrote::shock:
How do you keep coming up with these techniques?

Basically looking for new shapes, although I like the head and tail lights that come with the game (or through the modders), I want more!! :)

Argenta S1

Veiga
ManHell Automotive in Automation Hub with some exclusive cars.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:00 pm

i don't know if your designs are getting worse or if i'm just understanding them better...
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:09 pm

I know which one I'd pick, given one is a bit offensive and makes less sense :P Have some self-esteem!

Thanks for the explanation Razyx, the ole blocking is very handy indeed. I try to avoid it as much as I can myself because it does cause a bit of a raised surface which is visible from certain angles. On the other hand that property has its own uses...
<<

Razyx

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 am

cpufreak101 wrote:i don't know if your designs are getting worse or if i'm just understanding them better...

Maybe a mix?? :D , IDK man, I try to make a mix of designs, risky (sporty/concept), classic, and 'crap' ones, like IRL hehe (even a 'crap' may have some charming.., and mad/fantasy designs are almost discarded atm).
You know, with the creative things do not try too hard or will get worse.

strop wrote:I know which one I'd pick,

Which one? :)

strop wrote: given one is a bit offensive and makes less sense :P Have some self-esteem!

ermm.. I don't get it :?

strop wrote:Thanks for the explanation Razyx, the ole blocking is very handy indeed. I try to avoid it as much as I can myself because it does cause a bit of a raised surface which is visible from certain angles. On the other hand that property has its own uses...

You're welcome Strop, and indeed, if you get closer, the upper edge of the tail light looks bad due to that raised surface. I also try to avoid that effect if am unable to 'hide' it but this time the goal was 'set in stone'.

...and an addendum.

Osprey S14
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:58 am

Razyx wrote:
strop wrote: given one is a bit offensive and makes less sense :P Have some self-esteem!

ermm.. I don't get it :?

I was explaining to cpufreak that if he did not think he was getting better at understanding your designs then he would not only be insulting you but also reflecting a lack of progress on his part, so he should focus on the positives.

I see you've gone into stamping fixtures to include the vertex of the body, which is very cool (not many users pull this off, as many of the bodies end up having this line where the body zone boundary is set and therefore the fixture stamping cannot cross it properly). The use of the strips to fill the space actually lends itself to a classic, retro look.
<<

Kubboz

5-Star Beta Tester
5-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Skoda Felicia Combi 1.3 MPi LXi

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:06 am

Awesome to see my fixtures having a creative use too.

You almost make it seem like those 52 variants are not needed :P
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:53 am

yeah, apologies, i didn't mean to be mean in any way, and i guess strop is right, i'm just understanding your methods better now, actually putting them into practice is still hard to do though
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:33 am

Nice innovative styling touches on the Osprey S14. Good to see this sort of wild style that's still period-appropriate.

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

Razyx

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:05 am

strop wrote: I was explaining to cpufreak that if he did not think he was getting better at understanding your designs then he would not only be insulting you but also reflecting a lack of progress on his part, so he should focus on the positives.

Ah ok!! hehe, I was not sure without the quote (and it seems that that morning my half neuron was still sleeping.., I'm an owl).

strop wrote:I see you've gone into stamping fixtures to include the vertex of the body, which is very cool (not many users pull this off, as many of the bodies end up having this line where the body zone boundary is set and therefore the fixture stamping cannot cross it properly). The use of the strips to fill the space actually lends itself to a classic, retro look.

There are some bodies that do not allow cut any line or boundary :(.., there's no problem while it not happens to a modern car (body) where the integration/placement of fixtures (headlights, tail lights, vents..) can be almost in any place (and helps on the modern feel) .

Kubboz wrote:Awesome to see my fixtures having a creative use too.

You almost make it seem like those 52 variants are not needed :P

Amazing work man, there are so many variants..., now only need the silver edge muahaha!! ;) :?
Many many thanks for your effort *thumbs up*

cpufreak101 wrote:yeah, apologies, i didn't mean to be mean in any way, and i guess strop is right, i'm just understanding your methods better now, actually putting them into practice is still hard to do though

I think there's no need to apologize..., the aesthetics is something so subjective.., I even think that could be agree with you coz there are some bleh designs (even holy moly)... but then I think that someone may like them :)
In the end it's all about that the fixtures never look like standalone puzzle pieces.

TurboJ wrote:Nice innovative styling touches on the Osprey S14. Good to see this sort of wild style that's still period-appropriate.

Thanks and glad you like it. Nowadays cars have more details than ever so I think that fits the current trend :)

... and I'm so slow replying...had time for another car.

Luxor LW4
<<

Razyx

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:48 pm

Tegra S

Fierro S16
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:39 am

That's very impressive, managing to fit a vent so convincingly on the side indentation of thecarlover's not-Lambo body. Have you had any luck with the more open vents with the hexagonal grilles? Stamping has proven to be tricky due to the angles.
<<

Razyx

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 am

Like this?
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:33 am

Ooh, those are some good ideas. It's unfortunate that not much can be done with those morphs (especially at their maximum), but I guess with the right skills you can get proper use out of them :)
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Top one looks like Pleb's not-Aventador vent. I thought it wasn't on the workshop!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum