FAQ  •  Login

Aequitas Motoring

<<

Sanguinity

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Aequitas Motoring

Welcome to Aequitas Motoring

Or at least the brochure for it. If you are a returning customer, nice to meet you again. If you aren't, welcome. We would be honored to be the manufacturer of your transport. And your pleasure. In this booklet in front of you, we have compiled a list of all the cars we ever released. Sort of. Except for a few I'm too ashamed of. Here at Aequitas, we believe that the only way to master a craft is through time. And we've had loads of it. Created in the United States, 1942, by immigrant Emmanuel Levesque, we have had more than 70 years of it, after all. And even though we haven't always created the sporty vehicles that we do nowadays, we started doing so in 1952.

Before you go look through the classifieds, I should maybe tell you a bit about the company you are looking into. I am the fourth CEO, Guillaume Levesque. Nice to meet you. We are based in Nice, France. We make 5 cars, a hot hatch, a sportscar, a grand tourer, a luxury barge and our flagship project, the Avendi supercar. You will be able to buy the cars in different trim levels, with left- or right-hand drive and because the Americans don't know how to use petrol, they will all run on 95.0 Octane petrol.

Historically, we did a lot of different things. Pickups, sportscars, economical boxes during the fuel crisis and the so-called SuperVan. Which was a nice concept. It was a van with a V12 in it, lifted from our luxury barge and turbocharged. Horrid stuff. However, some things always remained the same. If the car has one exhaust, it's on the right side. The engine will always have 2 overhead cams with 4 valves per cylinder. Something of a design choice, I guess. And, of course, the name. The thing that never changed.

Go ahead and have fun looking through our historical catalogue. I had a hoot trying to assemble it. And never forget, perfection is the only thing we care about, here at Aequitas.

4th CEO AEM,
Guillaume Levesque

List of models
Last edited by Sanguinity on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sanguinity

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:34 am

Re: Aequitas Motoring

Aequitas Moran (1942-57)
The one that started it off. Genesis. Our first creation. At first designed with a 5.0L V8 in mind, the concept for this ridiculousness was thrown away when they started calculating the brakes needed to get the braking distance down to below a mile. Figuratively speaking. Instead, they developed a 3.0L V8 instead, still good for enough of a punch to trouble our engineers. But to be honest, at that time, a toddler would pose a challenge to our team. Maybe the powerful preproduction V8 was a sign of the lunacy that would ensue in the rest of our history. Luckily for us, we have always seemed to be able to keep the ruination to our concepts or weed it out before the vehicles go on sale.

The engine had 2 overhead cams with 4 valves per cylinder, which was a ridiculous waste of money and time, seeing the engine revved up to a measly 4800 revs. This mistake became tradition. Funny how these things seem to go. Anyway, enough about the engine. The actual car came to be after a development period of 3 years. And even though their publicity material, our publicity material, stated it was a styling icon, its styling was designed by our chassis engineer, because at the end of the development cycle, we barely had any money left. This also meant that our marketing was reduced to the individuals of the company going from door to door selling cars, or begging dealers to buy 1, maybe 2. These were desperate times. But the car succeeded. And we became great.

From 1949 on we had enough money to advertise. One would think that a facelift would be considered necessary, but actually, the Moran didn't change for the 15 years it was on sale. People being stupid. We have learned from those mistakes. But back to the Moran. The car had become even more desirable in those years. With the prize becoming bearable for more and more people, and the high end equipment inside it conquering the time passing by, it became a sales phenomenon that would actually be the blue print for our entire company, up to this day. Luxurious, safe, comfortable, powerful cruisers became part of our dna. Fun fact to close my intro. The engine inside this car actually was in production, with modifications, all the way up to the 60s. Now for some statistics and the marketing department of back then talking about it.

Statistics

Back Then
This is the Aequitas Moran, our first car. A practical, very safe, off-roading pick-up truck that uses a 3.0L V8 motor to reach a top speed of 80 miles per hour, while always remaining quiet and restrained through a dual baffle muffled custom built engine that can do 17 miles to the gallon. With a very luxurious interior and state-of-the-art security systems, this is the perfect car to drive on the road, carrying you in style while keeping you as safe as humanly possible. Lord over people in their pathetic sedans with your Moran and its commanding ride height. Be king of the roads. It isn't possible to travel better than with a Moran.

However, luxury isn't the only thing the Moran can do. Need to drive over rugged terain? Get a Moran. Need to transport loads or carry iron bars for construction? A Moran will do it for you. Need to get somewhere fast? The Moran will suffice. The vehicle not for everyone, but for everything. With more than 120 horsepower, rivalling many dedicated sportscars, and with 228 Nm of torques, of which 95% is available over 50% of the possible RPM range, its engine is a masterpiece, honed over more than 3 years of development. Available in the colors brown, green and black, the Moran is a styling icon that will last for decades. All this car can be bought for the reasonable price of $13,000 (Automation moneys). Just one thing to do, really. Be smart. Buy a Moran. We welcome you into our family.

The Aequitas Moran. Be as great as America is.
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:32 am

DOHC with 4 valves per cylinder in early 40s? Woah, almost 40 years before first cars with those heads in real life. :D
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:53 am

Oskiinus wrote:DOHC with 4 valves per cylinder in early 40s? Woah, almost 40 years before first cars with those heads in real life. :D

Actually there were more cars with DOHC in those years than one would think. But must of them were sports or exclusive cars, like the Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 (once I saw thetom making a 5 vales per cylinder 50's truck). But yeah... Oddly to see that in a truck :lol: it'sa very distinguish trait as OP said. Pricey as well, $13,000 is quite a number (even after depreciation). But that front tho, it remaind me of a train, it seems like it can toll everything. A nice competitor for my early trucks :D
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:20 am

Sillyworld wrote:
Oskiinus wrote:DOHC with 4 valves per cylinder in early 40s? Woah, almost 40 years before first cars with those heads in real life. :D

Actually there were more cars with DOHC in those years than one would think. But must of them were sports or exclusive cars, like the Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 (once I saw thetom making a 5 vales per cylinder 50's truck). But yeah... Oddly to see that in a truck :lol: it'sa very distinguish trait as OP said. Pricey as well, $13,000 is quite a number (even after depreciation). But that front tho, it remaind me of a train, it seems like it can toll everything. A nice competitor for my early trucks :D

Oh, I guessed that 4-valve DOHCs were thing of late 70s
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 am

Possibly the best marketing punchline I've yet seen around here: "Be smart. Buy a Moran."

LOL.

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

Sanguinity

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:28 am

TurboJ wrote:Possibly the best marketing punchline I've yet seen around here: "Be smart. Buy a Moran."

LOL.

I thought it to be just the right amount of hopeless cliché :P
<<

KairaWolf

Cars: None at the moment - saving up for one!

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:10 pm

I do love the dual indicators on either side of the headlights. It's almost as if the car has piercings... (Punk car confirmed?)
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Oskiinus wrote:Oh, I guessed that 4-valve DOHCs were thing of late 70s

Early 70's is when it started to pick up speed.
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:36 am

It's funny about multivalve heads and multi-cams and all that jazz; they were already around in road cars in the '30s but then they went away for 40-50 years which I find peculiar.
Just imagine what kind of engine technology we would have today were it not for those "dark ages" where everyone reverted to the most basic designs existing...

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum