FAQ  •  Login

Saminda Motor Co - CZ6 '' Founder of Saminda last project ''

<<

Starfish94

Cars: Am a car salesman , drive anything which is available to get me home.

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Re: Saminda Motor Co - CR45 ''Japan Pride , Thailand Spirit'

Vri404 wrote:I am guessing that the CR45 would also be available for purchase in New Zealand, as it's being sold in Australia, or am I wrong?

Yup you are right , what Australia got , New Zealand will get it too , i should include New Zealand in it !
<<

Starfish94

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:06 pm

CR1

YEAR 2012

Saminda CR1 1.5 (Worldwide exclude North America)

Saminda CR1 Plus 1.5 (Worldwide exclude North America)

Saminda CR1 2.0 (Only for North America market)
The CR1 is a Subcompact SUV sold under Saminda , Given the continued growth, both in sales and girth, of its popular CR3 which sold more then 500 thousand unit worldwide , Saminda saw an opportunity to create a new entry-level crossover SUV model. The result is the all-new 2012 Saminda CR1. The Saminda CR1 comes with a 1.5-liter or 2.0-liter (only for North America Market) four-cylinder. People are pleased by the CR1 level of on-road refinement and composure. It feels solid and sporty when driving around turns, and its highway ride is comfortable and composed. Another bonus is the CR1 excellent outward visibility, which combines with its small size to make it an easy car to drive in urban environments.

Sales figure (2012) : 150,221
1.5 Sales : 62,552
1.5 Plus Sales : 21,510
2.0 Sales : 66,159 (North America sales figure)
Availability : Worldwide

Assembly :
Sayama , Saitama , Japan
East Liberty Ohio , USA
Wuhan, China

CR1 1.5
Engine : RE Series , RE15A3

CR1 Plus 1.5
Engine : RE Series , RE15A2

CR1 2.0
Engine : RB Series , RB20A2

CR1 1.5 : $20,950
CR1 Plus 1.5 : $21,950
CR1 2.0 : $23,050
Last edited by Starfish94 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Starfish94

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:16 pm

2013 Cars to be revealed

This is a sum of cars Saminda released on 2013 , will start to post it tomorrow

Kirei - Kei Car

C1 - Subcompact car

C2 - Not available (stopped production since 2011)

Ponqi - Electric Hybrid

C2000R - A high performance only for Japan

C3 - Compact car

C4 - Compact car (Only for Europe)

C5 - Mid-sized car ( Best selling lineup for Saminda )

C5000R - A high performance only for Japan ( New since 2010)

C6 - Coupe

C7 - Full-sized car (Only for North America)

C8 - Full-sized car (Rebadged Auxuras STL and only for Japan)

----

CR1 - Subcompact SUV

CR2 - Compact MPV (Only available right hand drive after 2012)

CR25 - Mini MPV (Right hand drive only)

CR3 - Compact SUV ( Second best selling lineup for Saminda )

CR4 - Minivan

CR45 - Mid sized SUV by Saminda Motor Thailand

CR5 - Mid Size SUV ( All new for 2013 )

CR6 - Mid Size Wagon ( All new since 2009 )

----

CZ1 - 2 door Convertible ( All new since 2010 )

CZ2 - Not available stopped production since 2010

CZ6 - First high performance supercar since 90's with more then 500BHP (Sold as Auxuras in North America and Saminda in Japan)

Type R - Saminda quoted it will be the most "Extreme Type R ever" with more then 300BHP
Last edited by Starfish94 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Starfish94

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:39 am

C3 ''The Prettiest C3 Ever''

YEAR 2013

Saminda C3 Base 1.8

Saminda C3 XE 1.8 and 1.5T

Saminda C3 XE-L 1.8 and 1.5T
The C3 is manufacturer and sold under Saminda a Japanese car maker , the new C3 handling is great and fun to drive, it deserves serious consideration from enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike. The base engine is a 142bhp 1.8-liter four cylinder, and the optional all new 157bhp 1.5-liter ProAIR Turbo , the C3 is the first ever Saminda to recieve a turbocharged powertrain. Both engines make enjoyable companions, but the turbo is definitely the hot rod of the two. The C3's structure is solid and stiff, and the ride quality is excellent. Thick anti-roll bars (1.0 inch in front and 0.7 inch in the rear) help the front struts and rear suspension keep body movements in check. The wallowing understeer common in this class has been uncommonly banished. The new electrically assisted power steering is about 10 ­percent quicker than before.

When Saminda set out to redesign the C3 for 2013, it had a lofty goal in mind, to build the best C-Segment vehicle in the world.

2012 C3 (Previous Generation)

Sales figure 2013 Total : 440,722
Base 1.8 Sales : 95,685
XE 1.8 Sales : 110,653
XE-L 1.8 Sales : 78,650
XE 1.5T Sales : 88,512
XE-L 1.5T Sales : 67,222

Availability : Worldwide Exclude Europe

Assembly :
Suzuka, Japan
Greensburg , USA
Alliston , Canada
Wuhan, China
Pingtung, Taiwan
Ayutthaya, Thailand

C3 Base 1.8
Engine : RB Series , RB18A1

C3 XE 1.8

C3 XE-L 1.8

C3 XE 1.5T
Engine : RB Series , RB15F3

C3 XE-L 1.5T
Engine : RB Series , RB15F3

C3 Base 1.8 : $19,995
C3 XE 1.8 : $21,220
C3 XE 1.5T : $23,000
C3 XE-L 1.8 : $23,585
C3 XE-L 1.5T : $24,785
Last edited by Starfish94 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Starfish94

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:35 pm

C3 Spec-V and C3 Hybrid

YEAR 2013

Saminda C3 Spec-V AKA S-V
One version of the 2013 C3 , a high-performance model called the Spec-V, was only available in North America. the naturally aspirated 2.4-liter have been ditched to a new 2.0-liter ProAIR Turbo, making 230bhp and 310nm of torque compared to 215bhp and 236nm of torque.

The 2013 C3 Spec-V lives up to its hot sport sedan heritage with sharp handling and steering, brisk acceleration and a rather burly engine and exhaust note. Saminda really step up to the game with the new 2.0-liter turbo engine , the previous generation 2.4-liter is kinda lack of power compared to competitors , driven hard, it’s immediately clear the new Spec-V is more capable than its predecessor. The new steering system is immediately intuitive, quickening the rack as you wind the steering wheel, resulting in just two turns lock-to-lock. Its ride is a little rougher than the conventional C3 while the cabin is a tiny bit noisier. Build quality, on the other hand, is a strong point because it’s even better than the previous generation Spec-V , which already had a solid cabin filled with high-grade materials.

Sales figure 2013 Total : 16,452
Availability : North America

Assembly :
Greensburg , USA
Alliston , Canada

C3 Spec-V
Engine : KA Series , KA20F2

C3 Spec-V: $28,285

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------

Saminda C3 Hybrid XE

Saminda C3 Hybrid XE-L
The 2013 Saminda C3 Hybrid is exactly as its name implies, a hybrid version of Saminda's popular C3 compact car, which has been a mainstay on the U.S market for years. The hybrid version hasn't been around for nearly as long, making 77bhp and 100nm of torque from a 1.3-liter i-VIC engine , however the battery provide additional 28bhp and 60nm of torque , making a total of 104bhp and 160nm of torque. While EPA rating of 48mpg (US) (5l/100km).

Still, the C3 Hybrid presents a strong choice for shoppers interested in a frugal new car. Not only does it combine traditional C3 durability and reliability, but it also offers excellent fuel economy. It touts a long list of standard equipment and a surprisingly roomy interior, too. As a result, it's worth a look if you're searching for a new car that offers little hassle and big gas mileage.

Sales figure 2012 Total : 34,254

Assembly :
Suzuka, Japan
Greensburg , USA
Pingtung, Taiwan
Ayutthaya, Thailand

C3 Hybrid XE
Engine : REA Series , REA13A5

C3 Hybrid XE-L
Engine : REA Series , REA13A5

C3 Hybrid XE : $23,885
C3 Hybrid XE-L : $25,000

P.S : All C3 has an avg reliability rating of more then 70.
<<

Starfish94

Post Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:38 pm

C5 ''No Exception it's the best''

YEAR 2013

''6 Trims Available , some trims only available on certain country''

Saminda C5 Base 2.0 (Only for South East Asia market)

Saminda C5 Base 2.4 (Worldwide)

Saminda C5 Eco 1.5T (Only for North America)

Saminda C5 XE 2.4 (Worldwide)

Saminda C5 XE-L 2.4 (Worldwide)

Saminda C5 3.5 V6 EX-L (Worldwide)
The C5 is manufactured by Saminda , the 2013 Saminda C5 is exceptionally well-engineered and will likely provide dependable service for many years, winning the test most of the time, commanding respect, and maybe even inspiring a little love. Strip out sales to businesses, and the Saminda C5 is the best-selling family 4-door in America today. There’s good reason for this, as the C5 excels at everything it is asked to do. As a result, this car is an excellent choice among midsize sedans. J.D.Power gives the 2013 C5 great marks for quality, performance and design, but above great for reliability. Saminda cars have a good reputation for reliability, and Kelly Blue Book named the 2013 C5 as a Best Resale Value award winner.

Saminda offers the C5 sedan with a choice between a 4-cylinder , 4-cylinder turbocharged and a V6 gasoline engine , The C5’s powertrain performance is the way it rides and handles in any given situation. Suspension tuning delivers a smooth and supple ride around town, on a serpentine mountain road, the C5 handily negotiated S-curves and hairpin corners with a minimum of body roll, demonstrating unexpected athleticism for a front-drive vehicle.

Nevertheless , the C5 is the most important lineup for Saminda , and it definitely is also the best.

Sales figure 2013 Total : 601,513

Assembly :
Suzuka, Japan
Greensburg , USA
Alliston , Canada
Wuhan, China
Ayutthaya, Thailand

C5 Base 2.0 (Only for South East Asia market)
Engine : RB Series , RB20A1

C5 Base 2.4 (Worldwide)
Engine : KA Series , KA24A1

C5 Eco 1.5T (North America only)
Engine : RB Series , RB15F2

C5 XE 2.4 (Worldwide)

C5 XE-L 2.4 (Worldwide)

C5 XE-L 3.5 V6 (Worldwide)
Engine : JA Series , JA35Y1

C5 Base 2.0 (South East Asia Only) : $23,820
C5 Base 2.4 (Worldwide) : $24,820
C5 Eco 1.5T (North America Only) : $26,800
C5 XE 2.4 (Worldwide) : $28,500
C5 XE-L 2.4 (Worldwide) : $30,000
C5 XE-L 3.5 V6 (Worldwide) : $32,000
<<

Starfish94

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 pm

CR3 ''When Practicality met Comfort''

YEAR 2013

Saminda CR3 Base 2.0 (Only available in FWD)

Saminda CR3 XE 1.5T and XE 2.4

Saminda CR3 XE-L 1.5T and XE-L 2.4
The CR3 is a Compact SUV sold under Saminda , Saminda has quite a 1-2-3 punch in its C3, C5, and CR3 models. These three cars make up 75 percent of the brand’s sales in the U.S. so far this year, and consistently post sales numbers at or near the top of three important mainstream segments: family sedans, small cars, and compact crossovers. The company responded with a surprisingly update this year, giving the 2013 Saminda CR3 a new added 1.5-liter i-VIC ProAIR turbocharged , 2.0-liter i-VIC engine and transmission along with several smaller changes.

Saminda’s numerous upgrades to the popular CR3 have resulted in a compact crossover that’s better positioned than ever to do battle in this competitive segment. The refreshed 2013 Saminda CR3 checks all the boxes for compact-crossover shoppers, and no other competitor offers such a well-rounded package as this more efficient, more refined, and better-equipped CR3 does.

Saminda also revised the CR3 drivetrain for 2013, adding a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine , also new for CR3 is a 2.0-liter for the base model , all of that is mated with a 6 speed automatic that replaces the outgoing 5-speed automatic except for the base model which still uses the old 5 speed automatic. All trims comes with AWD except for base model which is only in FWD.

Saminda still doesn't offer V6 powertrain for the CR3.

Sales figure 2013 Total : 577,228

Assembly :
Sayama , Saitama , Japan
East Liberty Ohio , USA
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Swindon, United Kingdom
Wuhan, China
Greater Noida , India

CR3 Base 2.0 FWD
Engine : RB Series , RB20A1

CR3 XE 1.5T
Engine : RB Series , RB15F4

CR3 XE 2.4
Engine : KA Series , KA24A2

CR3 XE-L 1.5T
Engine : RB Series , RB15F4

CR3 XE-L 2.4
Engine : KA Series , KA24A2

CR3 Base 2.0 FWD : $21,500
CR3 XE 1.5T : $24,600
CR3 XE 2.4 : $25,600
CR3 XE-L 1.5T : $28,600
CR3 XE-L 2.4 : $29,800
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Re: Saminda Motor Co - CR3 ''When Practicality met Comfort''

reviews for the C5 SEA model

here people SEA just LOVES big lights... headlights, taillamps.
although, the trend is slowly changing.

looks wise. it's a bit out of the box, it's not bad looking. aside from the lamps.

also, it really seems you're basing your spec on the honda civic isn't it?

it not a good combination IMO.
the Specs of a Civic, the engine and power of a Civic.
but the comfort and price range of an Accord.
i think it would be a bit too underpowered for it's class.

i think the CR3 would be more apropriate for the class
<<

Starfish94

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback

Anyway i am Keisuke Sodeyama , chief engineer for the C5 , the engine specs is similiar to the Civic but it's not base on the Civic. The previous RB20A1 has 153 horsepower , this year we up the engine performance to 156 horsepower hence increasing it efficiently too

The reason we put a 2.0-liter engine on the C5 for South East Asia because some of the countries have tax base on engine capacity, also the 2.0-liter is cheaper hence it's quite popular in SEA market , however , the 1.5-liter Turbo is not introduced to SEA yet , it's only available for North America and Japan only at the moment , if you feel that the 2.0-liter is underpower , you can always go with the 2.4-liter or a 3.5-liter version

But if you are looking for practicality , comfort and fuel efficiently , the 2.0-liter is perfect choice for you.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:52 am

I have a question. How do you make all of your cars so cheap? The cars I make seem to go over $30 000 when I try to make them around $20 000.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Starfish94

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:08 am

Speedemon wrote:I have a question. How do you make all of your cars so cheap? The cars I make seem to go over $30 000 when I try to make them around $20 000.

Try not to use quality slider at all if you're using , not even like +1 , don't touch it totally at all , also try using cheaper blocks for your engine too , it helps , my cars are getting more expensive now , maybe due to direct injection fuel injector for my inline-4 .
<<

Starfish94

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:19 pm

YEAR 2013

Saminda Type R , Nicknamed ''The Amazing R''
The Type R is a High Performance vehicle manufactured by Saminda , With the new Type R hitting dealerships in Europe and Japan, and the much-awaited new-gen CZ6 coming soon, there’s definitely some excitement being injected back into the brand. Shibuya Kuge , CEO/President of Global Saminda said that '' I feel that our brand have been lacking some ''exciting'' cars , Rather than focusing on sales number, it is important to come up with products that satisfy our customers."

Saminda has designed the new Type R as 'a race car for the road'. It produces a healthy 300BHP and 400Nm of torque from its turbocharged 2.0-liter i-VIC engine, Saminda says there's no design aspect of the car that is there for show, it's all about functionality. The aerdodynamics, for instance, have been designed to create overall negative lift, which helps the car cope with its class-leading top speed of 166mph, 5.6 seconds from naught to 100km/h is still fast enough to get the blood pumping and the Type R excels in its ability to carry speed through corners. Once up and running, there's very little that can keep up with it, and anything ahead of it will be reeled in. The new Type R is extremely capable and practical enough to make it a worthwhile consideration. If you want a blisteringly quick hot sedan that is, arguably, the fastest front wheel drive car money can buy, it's definitely worth checking out

The Type-R will be build in Toyohashi , Japan a new plant for Saminda and export to Europe.

Sales figure (2013 : 18,210

Availability : Japan and Europe

Assembly :
Toyohashi , Japan

Type R
Engine : KA Series , KA20F1

Type R : $36,800
<<

Starfish94

Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:07 am

Type-R Heritage Preview.

The new Type-R is a stark reminder of how times are changing. Forced induction on a Saminda Motor might be considered sacrilegious by the purest of purists, but we have come to understand, progress is called progress for a real reason.

Saminda could still make a highly-strung four-cylinder engine that’s able to rev to the stratosphere and return decent – albeit peaky – power, but it wants to compete in today’s lucrative hot sedan segment where 300hp-plus and forced induction is the norm.

So Saminda did what it had to do with the new Type R and embraced turbo technology in the same way it has in many of its other cars in Japan. A factory-built turbocharged Type R is as interesting as it sounds, and this is probably the most exciting car to come out of Japan in the past few years, as it’s attempting to stay true to a very respected lineage of performance models that have come before it. But for now I wanted to at least share it with you in a bit more detail…

A few days after the Tokyo Motor Show I was passing by the Saminda HQ in central Tokyo when I noticed there was a rather mouthwatering display to showcase the newest arrival to the Type R family. I saw this as a much better opportunity to shoot the car, than the crowded access everyone had at the show.

It was great, as people who stopped by the display area could sit in the car and really examine it properly. That included being able to look under the Type-R bonnet and check out the 2.0-liter i-VIC turbo – the KA20F – that powers its front wheels through a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission.

The C3 Type-R have more then 20 years of heritage , but to promote the new high performance Type-R Saminda brought out first 2 latest generation of C3 Type-R, which now spans more than 6 years. Of course, the C3 Type-R back in 2009.

It was 2009 when Saminda took the C3 and decided to create a more focused and thrilling version of it by shedding weight, stiffening the chassis, re-tuning the suspension and dropping in a high-revving 225BHP version of the RA20 2.0-liter, sadly this engine stopped making since 2011. And with it came a legion of fans who enjoyed spanking ‘faster’ and far more expensive sports cars with their lightweight front-wheel drives.

And in 2010, the new C3 Type-R is no longer called the C3 Type-R , it's only called as the Type-R , and awhile later people have given a nickname for the Type-R which is "The Amazing R"

It has a new R25 2.5-liter making 295bhp , it's truly awesome and it won the Best Engine Award in Japan that year.

After 3 years , and now the new Type R may have gotten a bit bigger and a little heavier, but it still stays true to the ‘R’ ethos.

As is the trend these days, the new Type-R wheels are massive – 19-inch to be exact. In an FF layout the front wheels have to do a lot of work, so it’s impressive that engineers are able to achieve the levels of traction, lateral grip and ride quality with such a small sidewall. Braking is by Brembo, so you know that you can shave off speed as quickly as the turbo motor can pile it on.

This is an impressive package and one that is very much welcome now that Saminda is making big efforts in re-injecting sportiness back into its DNA. But until then I hope you enjoyed this little preview.
<<

Starfish94

Post Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:24 am

C3 Azbio '' Fun and Efficient ''

YEAR 2013

Saminda C3 Azbio X 1.5 and 1.1T

Saminda C3 Azbio XS 1.5 and 1.1T
The C3 Azbio also known as Azbio is manufactured and sold under Saminda , it is sold in Japan , Hong Kong and Singapore. For international markets, the larger and substantially different Saminda C3 is offered instead , although the international marketed C3 is also available in Japan , Saminda said it will stop selling it in local and will just focus on Azbio. The Japanese market C3 (Azbio) is shorter in length and narrower in width so as to be in compliance with Japanese Government dimension regulations so that Japanese buyers will not be liable for additional taxes , it's also the first model from Saminda to use the 1.1-liter turbocharged engine , a 1.5-liter naturally aspirated engine is also available.

Although the international C3 does offer a Hybrid powertrain , Saminda said it has no plan for the Azbio.

Sales figure 2013 Total : 50,120

Availability : Japan , Hong Kong and Singapore

Assembly :
Suzuka, Japan

C3 Azbio X 1.5

C3 Azbio X 1.1T
Engine : RE Series , RE11F3

C3 Azbio XS 1.5

C3 Azbio XS 1.1T
Engine : RE Series , RE11F3

C3 Azbio X 1.5 : $17,500
C3 Azbio X 1.1T : $18,000
C3 Azbio XS 1.5 : $18,885
C3 Azbio XS 1.1T : $19,685
<<

TofuWarrior

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: No license!

Post Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:55 am

Re: Saminda Motor Co - C3 Azbio ''Fun and Efficient''

Great overall company styling, I'm loving that Type R. The way you use the modded grilles as chrome bars has given me ideas for my own cars. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum