FAQ  •  Login

What are we working on right now? [17 December 2015]

Moderator: zeussy

<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Re: What are we working on right now? [9/5/14]

True that, there will be more tester selections to come, but then again, this is not something for everyone, as we don't run a FAAAN beta. :)
Most likely we'll have an extended testing phase to get things onto Steam where we accept a few new testers too. That would be in ~2 months time.
<<

Reaper392

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 pm

Thats good to hear. I kind of ignored the forums for a few weeks and then found that the beta selection process had been and gone, which i was really hoping to be a part of (and i only have myself to blame for missing it)
<<

djupstromj

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Toyota supra duramax Jimmy Subaru wrx 67 Vw Beetle 37 Lincoln Zephyr V12

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:59 am

Will we be able to drive our own cars
<<

Jakgoe

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:09 am

djupstromj wrote:Will we be able to drive our own cars

Please, before you go asking questions like this, take half a minute to look around, and find that you will almost certainly never be able to drive our cars. Also, consider using the search function next time. It is there for a reason.
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

three7s

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Ford Explorer
Ford Fiesta

Post Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:55 pm

three7s wrote:I love the effort getting put into the development, it's just that...The anticipation for anything tycoon is making my brains want to explode...

POOF!... darn it there goes another brain cell!

Arg...

This morning I forgot something and I can't remember what it was...
<<

BrockWalls

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: What are we working on right now?

texas320 wrote:I know this is developed by A European company and as stated above they plan to implement Diesel engines, but are they planning on incorporating the heavy duty trucks, such as dodge 3500 ford f-series and so on. It would be nice to see that since that is a big part of the American car economy, and they could add features such as towing rating and all that. But just the game itself in current state I have fun making random engines and supping them up, please keep up the great work I really want to see this succeed!

They've said before that trucks (utes) are probably coming. It's only a matter of time now that ladder frames are in.
<<

gt1cooper

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1969 Mustang GT
2014 Ram 1500 Hemi
2009 Infiniti M35s
2014 VW CC
2013 BMW 640i

Post Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 am

Light duty trucks only though. Do not expect an F-650 stripped cab to be put in.
<<

autofrank

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:53 pm

This page needs to be updated more frequently. It'd be nice to see what you're working on and what you've done weekly. I care because I've pre-purchased the game, and it's difficult to keep up with what you guys are doing and what stage your at for each build.

Thanks
Personally I'd like to see manhours and MTBF return rather than production units and reliability score of 0-100.
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:47 am

Well, to tide you over until this post gets a much needed update:

We have recently began moving the game towards Steam implementation, with a build pretty much working in Steam already. Also, a few more features have been added, including a completely new platform/model flow, where everything is saved as you work, so you don't lose anything if the game crashes.

A new RGB colour picker has been added, so you can have virtually any colour you want on your car, and there may be a possibility of having different kinds of paint, for example, metallic, iridescent etc.. But that will probably come when the game switches to a different, more modern game engine (either Unity or Unreal Engine 4). This will also yield a huge increase in fps on slower PCs, and much better shader capabilities, meaning a much nicer-looking game (See Daffy's post on Facebook for a preview of what UE4 can do: https://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame ... 6003015118).

Along with some new bodies and community-made fixtures, the game is well on it's way to Steam Early Access, expect the game to be on Steam EA at around Christmas time!
<<

autofrank

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:52 am

Pleb wrote:Well, to tide you over until this post gets a much needed update:

We have recently began moving the game towards Steam implementation, with a build pretty much working in Steam already. Also, a few more features have been added, including a completely new platform/model flow, where everything is saved as you work, so you don't lose anything if the game crashes.

A new RGB colour picker has been added, so you can have virtually any colour you want on your car, and there may be a possibility of having different kinds of paint, for example, metallic, iridescent etc.. But that will probably come when the game switches to a different, more modern game engine (either Unity or Unreal Engine 4). This will also yield a huge increase in fps on slower PCs, and much better shader capabilities, meaning a much nicer-looking game (See Daffy's post on Facebook for a preview of what UE4 can do: https://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame ... 6003015118).

Along with some new bodies and community-made fixtures, the game is well on it's way to Steam Early Access, expect the game to be on Steam EA at around Christmas time!

All good news, and I'm happy to hear it. Since I've recently switched to using Ubuntu Linux, I wonder if you'll be eventually making official WinXX / MacOS / LinuxOS compatibility. That would best eventually for obvious reasons. :) Keep up the good work!
Personally I'd like to see manhours and MTBF return rather than production units and reliability score of 0-100.
<<

robt100

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Capri 2.0 laser

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:47 am

Pleb wrote:expect the game to be on Steam EA at around Christmas time!

How would this work when it comes to those of us that have already purchased the game? Unique voucher codes i presume?
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:01 pm

Your current game key will be converted to a Steam key so you can activate it on Steam, and also still be able to use the standalone launcher. :)
<<

UltimateBMWfan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: What are we working on right now? [11/17/14]

I've just updated the thread again, I know I haven't been updating the thread as frequently as I should, I've been quite busy lately. I'll try and continue to update the thread as it continues.

Thank you for updating Pleb!
Car companies:
BMC AG |

<<

autofrank

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:06 am

The latest youtube videos have me anticipating for future releases. One suggestion is for future youtube videos to reduce or disable in-game music, so we can hear you better. kutgw!
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:18 am

The videos without music feel really empty and boring though. On the other hand I agree that I sometimes go overboard with the volume, that definitely needs to be toned down. Cheers!
PreviousNext

Return to News