What are we working on right now? [17 December 2015]

Moderator: zeussy

<<

Reaper392

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:23 am

Re: What are we working on right now? [Updated 2/22/14]

Mounts70 wrote:I must have missed that video! Thanks though!

The date wasn't said in the video, it was said in the announcement on facebook. it was the 'bigger cars' video where they showed a car with a very big I6 engine fitted.
<<

cubo5000

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Whe can use the own cars in the test track?
<<

Camshaft91

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Firstly sorry if this in the wrong section but seemed like the right area to ask but if it's not sorry.

[list][*]Aerodynamics options and calculations - For the undercarriage, you've got plans for like full or partial body underlay for aerodynamics but could you also give options for like sump guards, transmission and transfer case guards for 4wd models? Maybe as there referred to "Bash plates"???

[*]Driving aids / safety / interior tab (Things like TC, ABS, Airbags, Leather seats, that kind of thing) - I've viewed the video for this and was wondering will there be more detailed options? As in, when u pull back the car on the slider to reveal each stage of the car so body on, down to chassis, down to wheels etc, will we be able to see inside the interior like the very early Automation demo? Will there be link different sub heading so say under basic you have a sub head to chose so like vinyl flooring, basic radio? Cloth seats? seatbelts? OR for the more upclass models, sat nav, surround sound system and with these will they just be up to out imagination to view these or will these actually be modelled into the car so you can actually see the completed interior?

Car stat calculations have been revamped and are currently testing, new bodies are being designed, as well as new chassis types and suspension types. For suspension will there be an option for a solid "live" axel for the front end, so we can have real 4wd's? Like with solid axel on the back and front??? That be sweet :) As a body suggestion can you design some mid sized and large suv's??? Instead of just cars??

Estimated time of release?
Roughly late February to early March. (Very rough.) WIll this be released as another patch update for players who have pre-ordered
<<

UltimateBMWfan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:35 am

Camshaft91 wrote:Firstly sorry if this in the wrong section but seemed like the right area to ask but if it's not sorry.

[list][*]Aerodynamics options and calculations - For the undercarriage, you've got plans for like full or partial body underlay for aerodynamics but could you also give options for like sump guards, transmission and transfer case guards for 4wd models? Maybe as there referred to "Bash plates"???

[*]Driving aids / safety / interior tab (Things like TC, ABS, Airbags, Leather seats, that kind of thing) - I've viewed the video for this and was wondering will there be more detailed options? As in, when u pull back the car on the slider to reveal each stage of the car so body on, down to chassis, down to wheels etc, will we be able to see inside the interior like the very early Automation demo? Will there be link different sub heading so say under basic you have a sub head to chose so like vinyl flooring, basic radio? Cloth seats? seatbelts? OR for the more upclass models, sat nav, surround sound system and with these will they just be up to out imagination to view these or will these actually be modelled into the car so you can actually see the completed interior?

Car stat calculations have been revamped and are currently testing, new bodies are being designed, as well as new chassis types and suspension types. For suspension will there be an option for a solid "live" axel for the front end, so we can have real 4wd's? Like with solid axel on the back and front??? That be sweet :) As a body suggestion can you design some mid sized and large suv's??? Instead of just cars??

Estimated time of release?
Roughly late February to early March. (Very rough.) WIll this be released as another patch update for players who have pre-ordered

Some of these questions I can answer, others I'll have to leave to the Core team to answer.

For the interior question, the goal for the interior at the time of the release is that the interior can be seen in some kind of "shadow view", but the details like cloth, leather, etc. Will not be shown.

I'm not sure about the final suspension types, but more are coming. As for the body suggestion, yes, there will be mid-sized and large SUV's as well as sedans/coupes. There may even be a pickup body.

Finally, yes, as per any other patch release, it will be released as another update to the launcher for anyone who has pre-ordered. Although you can download it as an update from the launcher itself, we always suggest that you guys try and download the torrent for the update that will be uploaded, as it takes some of the load of the servers that are running everything.

Hope that answers all of your questions!
Car companies:
BMC AG |

<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:58 pm

Mounts70 wrote: it was the 'bigger cars' video where they showed a car with a very big I6 engine fitted.

I'm starting to annoy some friends by how often I talk about this game. You guys are awesome.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

Reaper392

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 am

Re: What are we working on right now? [Updated 3/8/14]

I notice that the thread says it has been updated recently, but the estimated release date for the next update is still late feb/early march. does this mean the next update is imminent, or have you just forgotten to update the release date estimate? There isn't much of early march left and I don't want to get my hopes up of an imminent release (even of an open beta) if there wont be one for a while
<<

RyanPercival01

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Renault Clio

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 pm

I agree reaper, it is annoying and the tension kills, some-what. I would not mind much if it will take longer then that, but please just tell us.
Last edited by RyanPercival01 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 1.4

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 pm

In one of the latest Youtube videos it was told that there will be at least a 1-2 week delay because of the unplanned addition of the test track feature.
<<

RyanPercival01

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Renault Clio

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:51 pm

Der Bayer wrote:In one of the latest Youtube videos it was told that there will be at least a 1-2 week delay because of the unplanned addition of the test track feature.

Thanks mate.
<<

Reaper392

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 am

Der Bayer wrote:In one of the latest Youtube videos it was told that there will be at least a 1-2 week delay because of the unplanned addition of the test track feature.

Thanks, I must have missed that. I guess it means that, assuming there are no other problems, we can expect the update in mid to late march then?
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 am

End of March sounds about right. After that release the Aussies will probably start moving to NZ, then we'll work a bit more on game flow and car designer scenarios for the next big update and then we polish things up for the big Early Access release.
<<

Kretus

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: BMW E46 320i Sedan

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Can't wait :)
<<

Camshaft91

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Killrob wrote:End of March sounds about right. After that release the Aussies will probably start moving to NZ, then we'll work a bit more on game flow and car designer scenarios for the next big update and then we polish things up for the big Early Access release.

Do you have a date of the next update? Will the next update include the test track?
<<

Jakgoe

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:18 pm

I believe that the next update will be out by the end of the month, plus or minus a week or so. I also believe that it WILL include the track. (I'm sooo exited for it.)
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

c20nefreak

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:14 am

Yeah. So nice.i can't wait
PreviousNext

Return to News