FAQ  •  Login

My Alfa Romeo 75

<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:04 pm

My Alfa Romeo 75

This is what I'm (supposed to be) working on.

One of the earliest 75s, made in 1985. 2-liter classic Alfa Twin Cam four. Everything on record by enthusiast previous owners.

Car hasn't been used in ~10 years so there's a lot of work but nothing too serious. Engine needs an overhaul, suspension and transmission need new bushings, welding is needed on the rear arches and sills etc.
It's actually one of the straightest early 75s I've seen and I like the fact it doesn't have all the later skirts and flares and stuff. My plan is to make it into a daily driver for summer time. But I will have
a backup car because this is an '80s Alfa after all! But, even with the shot suspension the car glides over road imperfections like no modern car does. And that rear transaxle with De Dion and inboard
discs makes for perfect weight distribution. The best thing about these old sports saloons is they have softer suspension and smaller tires so you can find the limit more easily - but there's still that lovely
balance you get from an old school sports setup. And with only 130 horses this thing will still reach 100 km/h in under 9 sec because it's so light.

We will see when I'm going to have enough time to really begin the job. And first I need to clear up the garage too...

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

Slim Jim

9-Star Beta Tester
9-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe, 6-speed manual

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: My Alfa Romeo 75

Nice! An old family friend had 2 of these parked in their driveway. I can see myself driving a Milano Verde/3.0 at some point in the future. They're definitely NOT "me too" cars. :P

Good luck with it!
<<

TurboJ

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Slim Jim wrote:Nice! An old family friend had 2 of these parked in their driveway. I can see myself driving a Milano Verde/3.0 at some point in the future. They're definitely NOT "me too" cars. :P

Good luck with it!

Thanks mate! I can definitely recommend one of these for an enthusiast's car. Handling really is great on these. But they always need lots of TLC. This is the second one for me and I hope to keep it for a long while.

<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh god, one of these.... nice! Does yours have brakes mounted on the diff too?
<<

TurboJ

Post Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:07 am

squidhead wrote:Oh god, one of these.... nice! Does yours have brakes mounted on the diff too?

Sure does! They all do. And the said diff is in the same housing as the gearbox, so that's gears, diff and brakes in one package!
And Alfa even had a RWD successor almost ready for production when Fiat scrapped it in favor of cheaper-to-build 155. What a sweet machine it must have been...

Return to My Ride