Post Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 am

Swedish turbo barge(s)

Hey guys, been following Automation from early days and posted a bit back then. Just rediscovered the forum again so thought I'd start posting again.

Here's my current projects

My Saab 9-3 SE sport HOT..The day I picked it up totally standard apart from a steering rack brace to stop the bulkhead cracking issue

First thing first was to write/flash a stage 2 remap

And a clean

A go on the rollers showed a 74bhp gain on totally standard hardware :)

At this point the brakes were showing their weakness, so I found a 9-5 aero breaking and got the 308mm (standard 280mm) front brake setup from it...Used the discs to make sure it all worked

And it did

Some new discs/pads fitted

A 3" downpipe and stage 3 map were the next upgrades which resulted in 2 things
And a light increase in power to 280bhp but with a bit more area under the curve

At this point I found some aero bumpers and had them painted then fitted them up

Sadly then this happened....A biker ran out of talent coming round a corner :( (he's ok)

Unfortunately 3 door panels are hard to find, but recently found both a door and a wing along with a rare carbon fibre dash surround.

So the plans are to get the whole car pretty much resprayed and the back arches taken car of, I have a larger intercooler to go on along with a TD04 turbo from a 9-5 Aero which I'll be using a 7cm2 exhaust housing on to let me run more boost in the top end...and some bigger injectors :)

So I bought this to keep me entertained

Sorted some better wheels for it

Cat back exhaust

A stage 2 map and a nice trip to the west coast of Scotland :)

Currently around the 240bhp mark

The steering was always a little vague, so I fitted wishbone polybushes new droplinks and rear arb polybushes

The plans for this one aren't too much as my better half is getting the car once my 9-3 is fixed.

That's it for now, hoping to get on with the 9-3 this weekend and get most of the prep work done on the body :)