FAQ  •  Login

My 1998 Lotus Elise S1 111S in mustard yellow

<<

litervollmilch

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Lotus Elise S1 111S

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm

My 1998 Lotus Elise S1 111S in mustard yellow

Since I was about 10 years old, I fell in love with the Lotus Elise! I absolutely loved this car and never got over it ;) When I was 19 years old, I got the chance, to drive with one of those as the mother of a co-worker actually owned one. It was pure pleasure. So I started looking for Elises but just got my driving license so it was almost impossible to get the car insured.

It got a bit quiet about the Elise. In 2012 I moved to Munich and there I saw it again: one of my neighbours owns a british-racing-green Elise and now all the emotions came back ;) I started looking for elises and bought this one:

It's a 1998 Lotus Elise S1 with an engine conversion to the 111S engine (1.8 Liter Rover K Series, stock with 145 hp and VVC), another transmission with shorter gear ratios and a Nitron Street chassis with adjustable suspension. It also got some custom exhaust which sounds quite nice and a carbon air intake which is build properly and leads to the left air intake.

Well.. it drives fantastic, it sounds awesome and has just run about 47.000 miles - put it straight: I LOVE it ;) I also did a couple of laps on the Nordschleife already and hopefully I can add many laps this year :)

<<

WildKarrde

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: '87 BMW 325e
'88 BMW 325i 'Vert

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:13 am

Re: My 1998 Lotus Elise S1 111S in mustard yellow

Awesome! I too love Elise's, I hope to get one someday. Yours is really nice! Too bad we can't get them here in America.
Website or Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3257
Established: December 17th, 2013
Company ID: 2013642
<<

Psh

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mazda Miata

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:10 pm

WildKarrde wrote:Awesome! I too love Elise's, I hope to get one someday. Yours is really nice! Too bad we can't get them here in America.

I'm also jealous of the first gen Elises. An Elise is my #1 dream car, I really hope I can own one some day. Problem being I'm 6'5 and I doubt I'd fit... :(
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 am

The back end of that Elise is brilliant! I love the older Elises like yours :)
Last edited by Pleb on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Junny

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Nissan 180sx Type-X
Toyota Starlet Life

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:09 am

Lovely Car. Always dreamed of owning one but even now they are $40, 000 in my country's second hand market =(
<<

adamd

9-Star Beta Tester
9-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Toyota GT86 Giallo, Citroen 2CV6 Spécial

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:39 am

Excellent car, have you made any modifications to the engine at all? (Besides the swap :P)
<<

litervollmilch

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Thank you guys, for your compliments :)

Psh wrote:Problem being I'm 6'5 and I doubt I'd fit... :(

That *might* be an issue.. I'm 6'3 and I do fit, but I needed a wheel spacer.. It really depends on the ratio between legs and body and so on ;)

Junny wrote:Lovely Car. Always dreamed of owning one but even now they are $40, 000 in my country's second hand market =(

Where is that? US? Australia? That's really pretty expensive. Wow..

adamd wrote:Excellent car, have you made any modifications to the engine at all? (Besides the swap :P)

Well, a few. It has a hurricane carbon air intake (which is properly tunneled to the opening at the doors) a sports exhaust with 100 cell catalytic converter and Nitron Street coilovers.

//Edit: just saw you asked about modifications to the engine, sorry! Well, no. Unfortunately the engine also broke 2 weeks ago during a lap on the Nordschleife. Currently looking for an engine replacement. After that I'm planning to rebuild my old engine with some improved parts :)
<<

adamd

9-Star Beta Tester
9-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Toyota GT86 Giallo, Citroen 2CV6 Spécial

Post Sat May 03, 2014 4:03 am

litervollmilch wrote:
adamd wrote:Excellent car, have you made any modifications to the engine at all? (Besides the swap :P)

Well, a few. It has a hurricane carbon air intake (which is properly tunneled to the opening at the doors) a sports exhaust with 100 cell catalytic converter and Nitron Street coilovers.

//Edit: just saw you asked about modifications to the engine, sorry! Well, no. Unfortunately the engine also broke 2 weeks ago during a lap on the Nordschleife. Currently looking for an engine replacement. After that I'm planning to rebuild my old engine with some improved parts :)

All mods are interesting. :P That's a shame, what went in the engine, not cooling system related was it?
<<

litervollmilch

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat May 03, 2014 4:09 am

adamd wrote:All mods are interesting. :P That's a shame, what went in the engine, not cooling system related was it?

For some reason it started burning oil on the way to the 'Ring. Just checked oil level before leaving and everything was fine. During the 4th lap in Hatzenbach it ran dry. Not sure yet about the reason why it did so. Compression on 2 cylinders is bad (one too high, one too low) and at least the crank bearings are broken. Would be too much effort for now to investigate on the real issue, so I'm getting a replacement engine first. The next mod will be an oil pressure gauge ;)

Return to My Ride