FAQ  •  Login

Game no longer works

<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: Game no longer works

Diax1324 wrote:
Killrob wrote:So you do get the option to change the save path (i.e. you have a button for it) and it won't let you do that? What error message do you get?

I get no error message, I click on "Open" for the save path and literally nothing happens. Nothing pops up at all.

In the NOT openbeta the button does nothing, are you really opted into the openbeta?
If the button just says "open" then you are not in the open beta. There needs to be a "set" button.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:09 am

Killrob wrote:
Diax1324 wrote:
Killrob wrote:So you do get the option to change the save path (i.e. you have a button for it) and it won't let you do that? What error message do you get?

I get no error message, I click on "Open" for the save path and literally nothing happens. Nothing pops up at all.

In the NOT openbeta the button does nothing, are you really opted into the openbeta?
If the button just says "open" then you are not in the open beta. There needs to be a "set" button.

Which I am downloading now. I was sure that Steam saved all betas and stuff from computer to computer but I guess not.

Edit: I set the path to Local disk, x86, "games" and it still is not working, and I still do not have the crash file.
<<

Killrob

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:27 am

So no folders were created? That would indicate that Automation still doesn't get access to that location. Is there a way for you to run the game as administrator?
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:31 am

Killrob wrote:So no folders were created? That would indicate that Automation still doesn't get access to that location. Is there a way for you to run the game as administrator?

Again, I have no idea how to run a steam game as administrator. Could you explain please?
<<

Killrob

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:24 am

You go to Steam\steamapps\common\Automation (or equivalent), right-click on the Automation launcher and run as administrator.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Killrob wrote:You go to Steam\steamapps\common\Automation (or equivalent), right-click on the Automation launcher and run as administrator.

"C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error."

I've reinstalled DX like 15 times on this goddamn computer because of various errors like this in other games. Fuck this is frustrating

I don't really know how to fix this at all tbh. My computer can't run higher than DX10 and I'm not even sure how to properly install it (Considering how it hasn't worked on this computer really at all.)
<<

Killrob

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:36 pm

That sounds like a pretty messed up system then :( I wouldn't know how to fix that error apart from installing the DX9 version your said you already did:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/293760/di ... 349840423/

So I'm out of ideas on this.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Killrob wrote:That sounds like a pretty messed up system then :( I wouldn't know how to fix that error apart from installing the DX9 version your said you already did:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/293760/di ... 349840423/

So I'm out of ideas on this.

Thanks for the help. Idk. This computer has had problems from the beginning.
Previous

Return to Support