Lua Error when loading cars

<<

mer_at

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: BMW 325i

Post Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Lua Error when loading cars

i do have massive problems with that ***** saving system. tried to make 1 car model and 1 engine, with 3 different trims for the SOMWOM Challenge.
Well - massive fuckup happened.

First time i did have 1 Car Model, 2 Car Trims, 1 Engine Model, 2 Engine Variants. And then i decided to change the Car Model to a different Car.
As i expected, everything was fucked up then. In some tabs the old car reappeared. After pressing "reset the visual blahblah to match the model template blah" it was even more broken. It displayed the old AND the new car ....
If that doesnt work, dont implement it. ;)

Then i completely removed my whole Automation Folder to start with a clean install.
I did make 1CModel, 3CTrim, 1EModel, 3 ETrims. There was no problem whatsoever, i could switch between the CarTrims and everything worked fine.
Until i wanted to open any of those cars again ......
Fancy LUA Error appeared.

---------------------------
Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_IO.lua..."]:518: attempt to index field 'Body' (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.
OK
---------------------------%

This utterly complex and completely broken Saving System did cost me more time, than all other Automation Bugs combined in the last 2,5 years!
<<

RoyalStig

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A Mountain Bike

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:20 am

Re: Lua Error when loading cars

I'm having the same problem. After quitting the game from the main menu after making a car, reloading and selecting that car (that was previously fine to edit) now gives a lua suspension error, despite not changing anything to do with the suspension at any point before, during or after making the car.

Pics:
error.png
error.png (543.18 KiB) Viewed 6554 times

2015-07-15_00003.jpg
2015-07-15_00003.jpg (293.63 KiB) Viewed 6554 times
Name of Car Company: Griffin Automotive
Owner of company: RoyalStig
Established: 31st October 1962 As Griffin Automotive, 2nd April 1955 as 'Ddraig'.
Company ID: #1962021
<<

iamzod

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Ford Capri 2.9 24V
Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:01 am

I'm having the exact same issue.
<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:17 am

RoyalStig wrote:I'm having the same problem. After quitting the game from the main menu after making a car, reloading and selecting that car (that was previously fine to edit) now gives a lua suspension error, despite not changing anything to do with the suspension at any point before, during or after making the car.

Pics:

I actually had this very same issue not that long ago, only I exited the car development area before finishing.....sadly, I think it may have corrupted that particular model, as when I tried to load it again, to finish it, the game simply stopped working. :|
<<

mer_at

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:38 pm

YAAYYYYYY.

i did reinstall windows
reinstall steam
reinstall automation (no userdata migrated, everything fresh)

GUESS WHAT?

STILL FUCKED!

made a car for a challenge, did NOTHING with variants or trims, just wanted to develop ONE FUCKING CAR.

And this happens again:
Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_IO.lua..."]:518: attempt to index field 'Body' (a nil value)

OK
---------------------------%
<<

mer_at

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:50 am

here, have the lua files for debugging ...
engine loads fine btw.
Attachments
SCR-mer_at.zip
(18.84 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:13 pm

I too have had this issue, I make the car fine then try to go back into the car file and this happens:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_Suspension.lua..."]:282: attempt to index field 'FrontSuspension' (a nil value)

OK

Here is the exported file of the car to help with the debug process :)

High_Octane_Love - SCR-HighOctaneLove-Model.zip
(84.47 KiB) Downloaded 284 times

Help me Killrob, you're my only hope! :P
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:01 am

Same problem here. So far I've lost two designs that took many hours to complete. But I trust these issues will be fixed eventually...

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

Tomahawk1

Cars: Mazda 3 2015

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:01 pm

I also have it,2 cars down the drain :(
<<

Jastrzab1984

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:03 pm

Almost every car down :-(
Barth Motors information page
http://barthautomation.blogspot.com/
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:46 am

I wonder if mods have anything to do with this... I might try uninstalling all the mods and see if that helps. But frankly some of the mods are pretty much necessesary in order to create varied body designs....

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

Marshymallow

Post Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:03 am

TurboJ wrote:I wonder if mods have anything to do with this... I might try uninstalling all the mods and see if that helps. But frankly some of the mods are pretty much necessesary in order to create varied body designs....

I've gotten the fail to call body lua error with no mods installed, so it doesn't seem to be linked to that. It just seems like there's something that causes save files to corrupt heavily, which is worrying to say the least.
<<

Zatotm

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Cars: 2012 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:33 am

I've also got the "FrontSuspension-error" when trying to load a newly created car, after restart of Automation (see error message below). Happens with both model and trim, but engine is working fine.

Deleted all cars and engines before I made the new car. Used the car named "2000sSaloon_Midsized_Coupe"

I noticed that the files for model + engine had gotten something like this added after the filename, in addition to what were typed into the fields in the game: "-5e38fafd-330f-11e5-9e44-5404a61298fe.lua"
The Model & Trim were given specific names, but engine Family & Variant were left with default naming.

This has happened to me every last couple of times I've tried to make a car, and I will now leave the game alone until the issue is fixed. :cry:

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CCarCalculator_Suspension.lua..."]:282: attempt to index field 'FrontSuspension' (a nil value)

OK
<<

Zatotm

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Cars: 2012 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:52 am

Another test build just some minutes later with a different car revealed that if I revised the car straight after closing it (not closing Automation), it worked fine.

Then i exited Automation (Quit-button), it closed with the error as "Automation has stopped working" and after restart the Car is gone, but the engine is still there working just fine.

Looking in the game folders, I find the Model file is not there (as expected), but the Trim file is there, again with this strange filename (Car Model 1 - Car Trim 1-f8e50ae7-3313-11e5-9e44-5404a61298fe.lua). This time I kept all the default names.

Like it is now, it's impossible for me to build any cars.

Btw, its game build 150707.
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:23 pm

I've noticed at my end that the problem kinda becomes consistent with a large number of trims in the trims folder. Perhaps this can help the devs find and kill this bug?

I haven't found out exactly how many trims yet, but I had saving problems with a car (I've started using my second monitor to monitor the saving progress of Automation's folders now, watching for file size changes and abnormally small .lua files), and while Automation was still running, went into the Trims folder and wiped out a bunch of trims for cars I'd wiped out previously (either just didn't finish building them and deleted the car, or car got The Bug and I wiped it out to avoid further chaos) and the car I was working on suddenly saved just fine.

This might explain why it seems to be "toxic" to new saves once it happens, if it's partially dependant on how many trims you have. Lots of cars with just one trim each and you'll get much further than if every car has four or more trims. Once you're bitten by the bug, it becomes impossible to play because new cars fail to save the base information (Was watching file size changes, new .lua file never increased in size, even after hitting manual save), thereby adding new trims (further propagating the problem, the trims seem to cause it) and a car that doesn't work. Another car built after this still gets the save bug.

This also explains why wiping the save folders seems to "fix" the problem temporarily: You've just eliminated all those files that the game's choking on. Eventually the bug hits again, though, and so it's a very poor solution for an aggravating problem.

Perhaps this can give some insight as to how to fix the bug, that it seems to be related to the amount of trims in your folder at any point in time? It appears that as long as the trim exists, regardless as to whether the model is there or not, it adds to whatever count is causing the bug. I simply removed trims for cars I'd already wiped, and was able to make a full hard save on a car that was otherwise failing to save and would have gotten the save bug (showed the same symptoms: Abnormally low file size- Less than double digits, opening the file results in seeing much less information, game refuses to save- no file size increase even after using manual save).
Next

Return to Support