A problem with RR Cars

<<

ArnRno

Cars: 2002 Impreza
1962 Super 88

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:48 pm

A problem with RR Cars

Hey guys,

I noticed yesterday that three of my RR builds have absolutely no cargo space whatsoever, as in "0L." Even cars that clearly have a... um... a "frunk" say that they have no cargo space, which ruins my utility/practicality scores and hurts my market value a ton.

I didn't get a chance to try to build more and check all variables, and I might not be near Automation for a week or so, so I wanted to say something now and let the devs/others on the forum check it out as well. My guess it was just something overlooked, like the game only checks the rear of a car for cargo volume, and since we put an engine there, well, that car has no trunk...

Thanks and good luck. :)
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: A problem with RR Cars

Sounds like some cars are missing the second cargo box. Anything front engined with the option of a rear or mid engine needs a second designated cargo box for the calculated volume when the engine isn't in the front. You should list which models have that issue so that the devs can fix them.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

ArnRno

1962 Super 88

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:03 pm

I will try to after work tonight, but I'm not sure I'll get the chance. In about 11 hours I have to start a 700 mile drive, and I'm still at work. Haven't had dinner yet, going to the gym right after I leave here... Ugh.... Busy busy. I will try to check/upload the files. One of them is your new 2000s Lambo, I made it rear by accident instead of mid, man that was hell to balance before I realized what I'd done wrong, but yeah, no cargo at all.
<<

thecarlover

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:09 pm

Interesting... Sounds like the mid engines use the regular cargo volume, but the rear engines specifically need a second one. The Lamborghini only has one cargo box because I figured rear and mid used the same one, but now I know I'll need to add a second box. Thanks for the heads up with that.

<<

ArnRno

1962 Super 88

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:13 pm

If I can, I'll send you the file anyway - RR hypercar good for 200mph, and with pretty decent drivability, if you can believe it. :D
<<

thecarlover

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:21 pm

No need to, I just need to duplicate the cargo box in the 3d model and give it a different material, and assign that material in the .lua. Shouldn't take me more than a few minutes when I get to it.

I also noticed the cargo and passenger volume is nonexistant in the smallest 1940s pickup, so that would need to be fixed as well.

<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:31 pm

That alt cargo box was done so we could have RR variants of FR cars with the trunk at the right spot. Weird that MRs wouldn't use the same cargo box as RR cars since their cargo box should pretty much be the same.
<<

thecarlover

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:35 pm

Well, coding doesn't always follow logic. Front and mid engine calculate volume based on ECS_CARGO, while rear engine uses ECS_CARGO_REAR, even though a car with mid and rear options shouldn't have different trunks. Rear engines were added later, and so was that cargo box. Based on that, a rear engine only car will need the cargo box designated as rear engine, rather than the default cargo box. I know the placement of the box is irrelevant, it just makes it easier for size to put it in the front. The Trans Sport body I made has front and rear engines, but the cargo boxes are identical as I figured lost cargo in the rear would be made up for with the additional cargo space in the front. Only the top and bottom body boxes have calculated positions, the cargo boxes just have calculated volume.

Return to Developer Questions