FAQ  •  Login

Dev meth?

<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Dev meth?

Is it possible for me (As a player) to personally mod my Automation to include, say, 150 octane fuel?
Just curious.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:48 pm

Re: Dev meth?

Diax1324 wrote:Is it possible for me (As a player) to personally mod my Automation to include, say, 150 octane fuel?
Just curious.

no, not yet at least, support for such mods are planned but you can't just yet
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:06 am

Didn't they say they will get rid of fuel octane selection? I supose it's going to be possible to make the engine with infinite octane rating. Just that the commercial use will be limited by the octane rating of the engine. Something like that.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:10 am

Yeah, when we get rid of octane as a "design choice", it makes sense to offer race fuel for engine testing.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Killrob wrote:Yeah, when we get rid of octane as a "design choice", it makes sense to offer race fuel for engine testing.

just to clarify the implications of this, does that mean octane rating will be a slider, and that I can make a 110 octane run engine?
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:09 pm

Diax1324 wrote:
Killrob wrote:Yeah, when we get rid of octane as a "design choice", it makes sense to offer race fuel for engine testing.

just to clarify the implications of this, does that mean octane rating will be a slider, and that I can make a 110 octane run engine?

from what i remember correctly from the dev update it would be at the testing stage where you can choose your fuel, everything over ultimate unlreaded removes the engine from being able to be mass produced since the fuel is rarer, but they said this is where 130 avgas would come in and even infinite octane fuels for testing purposes, however you couldn't sell an engine requiring unlimited octane
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:31 pm

cpufreak101 wrote:
Diax1324 wrote:

from what i remember correctly from the dev update it would be at the testing stage where you can choose your fuel, everything over ultimate unlreaded removes the engine from being able to be mass produced since the fuel is rarer, but they said this is where 130 avgas would come in and even infinite octane fuels for testing purposes, however you couldn't sell an engine requiring unlimited octane

Holy fucking shit we can make F1 cars now.

Time to make 12000RPM 1500HP 1.5 liter V6s.
<<

Killrob

Post Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:11 pm

We would put in something like 110 octane race fuel, probably not more than that.
<<

bundyaxl

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1999 Mercedes-Benz ML430

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:43 am

I was wondering about the plan to move the octane rating.

How will it work, because the fuel you use depends on how you tune your engine.

So if the engine is tuned for 95ron and you use 91ron the engine will knock assuming it actually runs close to the full 95 octane.
If the engine is tuned to 91ron and you run it on 95ron then there won't be any benefit to running it at higher octane unless the ECU adjusts itself to compensate.

Pretty sure some cars can do it, Ford engines run on regular gas but the specs they advertise are based on running premium.
And if you have an Eco-Boost I heard regular gas will kill the engine in a matter of 5 years.
<<

Killrob

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:16 am

The selection itself will be a drop down selector on the testing tab, nothing else will change, the same game mechanics apply as now. Regions automatically select the fuel type that runs with the engine, i.e. if you make a 93.2 RON car, the regions will look at 95 RON availability.
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:20 am

I've wanted to have super powerful octane rating just for my own amusement, but I don't understand this adjustment. Maybe I'm just missing the point here, but why would you eliminate the octane variations? Is it so that you can accurately portray different octane availability in your different regions? Is there a significant advantage in being able to use 92.0 fuel instead of 91? Will the oddball in-between octanes, say something like 93 RON, still require Super Unleaded or is there some tycoon trade-off for dialing your octane down? I have a few engines where I could spare an octane or a tenth or two. What's my benefit to doing so?
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 am

I don't think they are removing the variation, just not making it a direct design choice. Going forward you'd select your octane rating by designing and tuning your engine to run on a target rating.
<<

Killrob

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:57 am

@KLinardo You probably missed the Engine Designer Revamp discussion video on our YouTube channel? And the Little Dev Update referenced in that one? Check that out as it will answer your questions in quite some detail.
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:40 pm

I'm subscribed to your channel... Wonder how I missed that. I blame law school reading. I'll go have a look. They're great videos BTW.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Killrob wrote:We would put in something like 110 octane race fuel, probably not more than that.

I don't suppose I could pretty please you into 130 avgas? :roll:
:lol:

Return to Developer Questions