FAQ  •  Login

Cars with the same model name [problem]

<<

S7efan

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:57 pm

Cars with the same model name [problem]

Hi everyone! :)

I descovered a very very anoying thing after the Steam release.
Let`s say i build a 2005 car with 3 different trims and engines or how many do you want to. If i want to facelift the model or let`s say make the same model but in 2010(newer), normaly in real life the car keeps the same name, BMW 3 series or Audi A4 for example, if i put the same name when i`m in game it works it appears in 2 different folders/categories but when i quit and get back in the whole Auotmation goes crazy, i now have the model i made, BMW 3 series but it only gives me trim 1 with nothing... In a short say, it removes all the cars. If i want to make the same car but newer in 2010 i must put another name. Before steam release you could revise the car/engine, change the year, put the same name and it worked so perfect. Now the game erases all your cars with the same model name ... It`s like in real life BMW would have every time they release a new model different name.

And another suggestion, if you can make the year not by the MODEL, but ON trim, like with the engines too, put the year by engine not by family, because like in real life, engines may be different in years even if they are in the same family.
If you could do this, if i want to build 3 series engines in S family for example i can build in that family of inline 6 the M3 engine too. (this is just an example). Sorry for my bad english i hope you understand what i`m trying to say.

The old save button and revise thing was great, this new autosave one, i don`t like it. I want to know if more players have the same problem.

Thank you for a great game, and i hope you will fix this, or come up with another idea and good luck finishing the game, allready looks amazing.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Cars with the same model name [problem]

We're still working on that issue :) you will be able to do exactly what you mention once it is implemented properly. It's not working properly yet, obviously :s
<<

stm316

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Ford Falcon BA XR6 (2004)
Ford Focus LS (2006)

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:24 pm

I reckon you could just add a 2digit year number to the end of the model name (85, 91, 15 etc)
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:20 pm

A fixed year number for the different saving parts of the car are planned and will be added soon. It will be like " '76 YourName "

Return to Developer Questions