Questions about chassis components

<<

Boosted7M

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1991 Toyota Supra
2000 Subaru Outback

Post Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:29 am

Questions about chassis components

I notice that the really nice chassis components are labeled as limited production or no mass production. Eventually in the tycoon part is it going to be possible to have engineers that allow you to mass produce those chassis and panel materials or to have factory add-ons that allow for it? Corvettes have fiberglass bodies and they have always been mass produced. Also what happened to the polymer body panels, it was a great solution and is relevant in today's markets? Secondly, as said in another thread, I understand why you cannot change suspensions and even chassis materials between trims, but I think it would be nice to at least be able to change the body panel material between trims seeing as it is becoming an increasingly common thing in the real world, with a base commuter version getting steel panels and the sportier version getting lighter aluminium, fiberglass, carbon body bits.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:17 am

Re: Questions about chassis components

The effect of the production flags are already in the game. The fiberglass bodies of the corvette would be considered limited production in game, which just means a slowdown of ~30%, which doesn't hinder you from "mass producing" it in the way you mean... it is not like they produced 2000 a day. ;)

We won't change any of the game mechanics surrounding model / trim restriction, at least not until they have been properly play-tested in a campaign setting.
Cheers!
<<

Boosted7M

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1991 Toyota Supra
2000 Subaru Outback

Post Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:57 am

Re: Questions about chassis components

Thank you very much Killrob, your response was informative as always.

Return to Suggestions