FAQ  •  Login

Some engine part suggestions

<<

BilfredKerman

Cars: Zip, Zero, Nada

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Some engine part suggestions

I've owned and played Automation for quite some time now, and I find it's a wonderful game. And although it's still in early development, I understand more stuff is due to be added, which is the whole reason of this suggestions sub-forum (right?). One thing I've been quite disappointed about is the exclusion of superchargers to date. I know that some previous threads have been created about it, but I find it would create much more diversity in terms of engine styles, power, design, etc. For the inclusion of superchargers, I would see the need for an option to select gear ratio, i.e. crank gear to charger gear. I would also think different styles supercharger would be a good inclusion, like roots, centrifugal, etc.
Continuing on from the 'different style' type of thing, where's the love for twin-scroll turbos? Or variable geometry? Or single turbo on v8 and v6? These variations I see would also add some nice design options for different cars in different economy's or targeted brackets.
And one other thing I've thought of - boost by gear/speed. Specifically for tuning the engine once it's in a car (i.e. dyno tuning - another thing that I see should be added as engine performance changes when it's popped into a car), so you could slowly ramp up boost for better grip, constant(-ish) acceleration among other things.
Just some suggestions I think would be great inclusions into the game.

Also, first post! :D
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Re: Some engine part suggestions

BilfredKerman wrote:(i.e. dyno tuning - another thing that I see should be added as engine performance changes when it's popped into a car), so you could slowly ramp up boost for better grip, constant(-ish) acceleration among other things.
D

That's already in there, all the graphs you need to see where's the grip levels at any point of acceleration.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:56 pm

As for the stuff related to turbos and superchargers, please use the search function.

We probably get one thread a week asking for pretty much the exact things you asked about.

For a TL:DR, yes, they plan on adding superchargers and better turbo stuff.
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Usually, when the suggestions feel so obvious, important, or that you can't live without them, they probably have been sugested before. As for the superchargers they will probably be available right from the start of the campaign, but the variants haven't been decided yet. --> viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9283&p=97011&hilit=supercharger#p96961

The newer turbos will come later, probably after the tycoon elements are functional,the new engine designer is added and the complete change to the unreal engine. The ones I recall have been confirmed are quadturbos for V12 ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9127&hilit=quad ), sequantial turbos and twinscroll. Those are probably to appear in the final game... probably. AFAIK variable geometry and twincharging haven't been confirmed, but neither ruled out.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:21 pm

Sillyworld wrote:the variants haven't been decided yet.

I forgot if I saw that on the forums or on the stream, but for now the plans include Roots, Twin-screw and Centrifugal superchargers.

All three of those are fairly common in stock applications.

Return to Suggestions