FAQ  •  Login

Saving and fixtures issues

<<

TR8R

Cars: Jetman's Lunar Buggy. Yes, I AM that old!

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:21 am

Saving and fixtures issues

Hi all

I'm having a couple of issues at the moment that are driving me around the bend.

I have a car and have named the trim (Toledo Special). I click on save but when I go back into the Sandbox it says "Car Trim 1". :(
"Model"
I have another car and did all of the pretty fixtures but when I got to "Trim" it said I had insufficient cooling....erm.....went back to the "Model" tab and had a completely blank car....I re-fixtured it....and the fixtures disappeared again!! I did have holes in the wing where the indicators should be. :evil: :evil: :evil:

So anyone got any advice?

Did file integrity and uninstall/reinstall without any change.

Jaimz

First Order Autos - Est 1968
CEO for First Order Automotive

Est - 1968
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:48 am

Re: Saving and fixtures issues

The first fixtures tab is the template for NEW trims you create, it doesn't modify existing trims. We're reworking the system with the coming patch as (like in this case) it is not exactly obvious what is going on. Going back to the model with your car going blank doesn't mean that your trim is now blank, it just means the template is blank. When you advance to the trim tabs it has all its fixtures. You cannot change fixtures of an existing trim in the model tabs!
<<

TR8R

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:20 am

Thanks for the quick reply but I ignore the first fixtures tab and just go for the 2nd fixtures tab.

Opened my car and put a grill on it through the 2nd fixtures tab. Went to Trim and it had lots of cooling. Went back to Model tab and it had disappeared again......

Closed the car and reopened. Grill was back in place. Go to Model tab to add other fixtures and the grill has gone again. Trim says "Insufficient cooling"!

Closed the car again and reopened. Grill was back in place. Go to Model tab to add other fixtures and the grill has gone again. Trim says "Insufficient cooling" again.

I've attached my car and the gamelog if it's any help.....or someone could see if it does the same in their game.
Attachments
GameLog.txt
(89.02 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
First Order TR8R - Cruzer Mk VI.zip
(87.57 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

Est - 1968
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Ahh, then you are experiencing another bug :)
to work around it you need to do the following: whenever you make a change to the "platform" of your car, you need to visit the trim fixture tab before going into the trim or engine, otherwise it takes the blank car model as basis for calculating aero and cooling. That's something that will be fixed with the upcoming update.
<<

TR8R

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:30 am

I think it's must have been an anomalous model.

Everything appears to be normal again now.

Est - 1968

Return to Support