FAQ  •  Login

Disappearing cars [solved]

<<

szafirowy01

Cars: Nope

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Disappearing cars [solved]

I know there's a similar thread already, but my problem is a bit different - and there was no solution.

I was creating a car, and because fixtures disappeared from "base" (the only trim had no fixtures, they were visible only in first fixture tab) I cloned it. That didn't help, so I tried to delete the clone, but that didn't work. Then I quitted the editor and tried to delete the clone from the model list - and it worked. Oh, how well it worked... Everything I've created - all cars, companies and engines - just disappeared. All of this still exists in game files (Automation\Cars, Companies and Engines folders), but is invisible in the game. I tried deleting the feral car, but that didn't help. I've created a new car after this, and it's invisible too.
Last edited by szafirowy01 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Disappearing cars

Just to understand your problem better, I need to first know if you know what the difference between the first and the second fixture tab is. I think most of these problems stem from misunderstanding it, hence why we're going to remove it.
<<

szafirowy01

Cars: Nope

Post Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:02 pm

I think yes - first is responsible for "base" (what all trims include on start), and the second is the trim's fixture tab. But what it has to do with saving? My creations become invisible with every new launch of the game - tested it creating few things. I checked local files with Steam tool, but it didn't change anything. Now I'm reinstalling the game.

And a bit off topic - what it will be like without two tabs? No fixtures in the "base"?

Edit: reinstalling didn't help. But I've noticed another detail - when the game starts, it can't create log file.
Edit 2: managing permissions as shown here: http://imgur.com/a/JgCDX - nothing changes.
Edit 3: moving all data from My Games folder - still broken :/

Will someone help me? I don't want to stay with a broken game :( In its current state it's unplayable in a way.
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:39 am

Note: solved by opting into open beta to get "set save path" feature. Changing save path solved the issue.

Return to Support