FAQ  •  Login

Engine Test in Tycoon mode

<<

AngelOfAttack

Cars: None

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Engine Test in Tycoon mode

This Suggestion might relatied the locked Engine Designer, but It's more about Tycoon mode I think.
Now in the sandbox mode, only the first engine test matters, the rest of adjust can all be done just by watching the change of chart.
I think in real world, only the company with enough experienced engineer, accumulated test data and\or powerful simulation center would able to predict the performance change after you made change on it's parameter.
I think in the upcoming Tycoon mode, there would be some sort of Exp to "unlock" the range you can change and predeict, beyond that, you have to retest. and if you blow up your engine, you have to rebuild (or fix) it with your R/D funding.
And same thing should goes for Car test too.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:48 am

Re: Engine Test in Tycoon mode

We are indeed toying around with offering a hardcore difficulty mode where you only get to do one engine test and then only can adjust simple things like ignition timing and fuel mixture "for free", otherwise it takes your engineers a few days to rebuild the thing. :) Such things are coming further down the line though, nothing we want to occupy our little heads with now :P
<<

viovannelli

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Ford Focus

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Or maybe prediction could be calculated from technology and engineers ability, at this point every engine or cars tests will cost something...
<<

viovannelli

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Ford Focus

Post Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:44 pm

New engine workflow may be something like this:
1) Definition of the engine structure like the first engine designer page
2) N prototype construction ( time, costs )
3) Definition of the other engine parameters and components ( other engine designer page )
- At this point having an experienced team could be very useful
4) Preliminary tests ( fixed cost )
5) If engine engine fail and there is no one available return to point 2
6) Trimming tests ( variable costs )
7) Engineering production starts ( time, costs )
- Overall quality should be affected by time, team ability and size allocated to project.

Regarding the car similar workflow could be used.
<<

AngelOfAttack

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks for the info Killrob.
I just wonder if we'll be able to "load" an engine per-designed in sandbox mode or in other Tycoon mode by pay some designed fees, or charge some cost for each engine you sold?
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:50 am

There will be an engine market, if you mean that. There you can buy and sell finished engines so that you don't have to setup your own factory or, alternatively, you can sell your superior engines to other companies.
<<

AngelOfAttack

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:30 am

It seems we can merge this into the "engineering time\funding" system

This is my thought:
With more skilled engineer, you can get a wider range of predection upon your parameter change. Beyound that, you'll have to re-test it.(So, it's better to determine your team BEFORE staring design your engine and car )
Every time you adjust the parameter of engine that doesn't request to rebuild a whole part would cause engineering time and funding up a little.
Every time you made major change(like the volume of engine, type of head..) you'll have to rebuild your engin and that cost a lot time and funding.
Such changes will take count Every time you test your engine, so you are free to hesitate and play around before you test your engine.
Every time you got your engine damaged while testing, will cost you much time and money to just rebuild one.

All these additional engineering time and cost will add to the basic engineering time and funding based on the type of parts you selected, later in the engineer panel(But, it's better to be able to select the engineer BEFORE THAT)

I feel it's better than the current system, that you design and tune the engine then let your team to "re-invent" this particular engine with their pace.
And same route should gose with cars too.

The problem is it can't prevent someone cheat by "hand copy" a known well-working engine. But I could live with this fault,think like this: if you the player became more skillful and experienced, it will be easier for you to build a new engine or car in the tycoon game. That's great.

Return to Suggestions